xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Fable  (Read 1226 times)

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (CaTcHa @ Sep 19 2004, 03:21 AM)
Grainy graphics and cut sequences just dont compete at all with Playstations Final Fantasy series and thats a real shame , this could have and should have been great.

Final Fantasy is a turn based rpg with a futuristic, anime feel to it.  I personally hate it and many other gamers prefer to combat using startegy AND skill, not just strategy of pressing a button seven times to watch a monster fall down.  The fact that this is real-time fighting, you can not even compare this to final fantasy.  Not to mention final fantasy has been around since the nes days... it has like a cult following.  They have brought in the money that they can afford to make amazing cutscenes and full-length motion pictures that can bomb.  Fable doesn't have that luxury, it's a new franchise.  Bottom line is, this game was overly hyped but that alone doesn't make it a bad game, not at all.

Real P*SSED OFF that we still dont have a decent rpg

check out kotor, morrowind, or even sudeki.  It seems to me that you have some ps2 fanboy-ism in you and if so, you are missing out on some great games for the xbox.

oswald

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

we all must be playing a different game.

I'm about 10 hours in and it's the best action-rpg I've ever played, bar none.  

Those who expected the second coming in the form of an RPG will be disappointed.  It's a shame what the hype did to this game, but playing through it has been VERY enjoyable for me, one of the best game experiences I've ever had, and I've had alot.  

To each their own, if you think the game sucks thats fine, but I for one haven't had this much fun since KOTOR, and I like this game more than KOTOR.

wassco

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »

yes i played kotor, an alright game, but still cant be compared to fable, and the person who wrote that final fantasy cant be compared is absolutly correct, its a totally different game alltogether!

think abou it, fable has sum nice little features that ALOT of games do not have (the scaring system is a nice start in a direction, the way they programmed the ai in remembering all certain things is a nice step forward)

just wait sicne they did this, they now what to do for the next one even better, so if there is a FABLE 2 (i hope to god there is)

it will take the few flaws fable had and fix them (i for one luv fable, its a great game, i wasnt anticipating a ground breaking game, cuzz EVERYGAME is overhyped (just like halo 2 prob will be)

parkerbender

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »

i just beat it, but the beauty of it isn't the quests but all the little shit you can do, now i'm trading, got a wife and kid (i can have a kid in my MIND, he's at school)and am trying to buy up everything, there's lots more to do than beat jack blade, guess all you ff fanboys arn't used to there being a whole world outside the missions which is prolly as big a deal as the storyline
i am dissapointed that the story was so short, they couldve made you do more extracurricular stuff, but for the time that the story lasted, it was great, if not a hair oversimplified, anywasy, it IS a awesome ame and i hope lionhead can make a little harder much longer followup before xbox next shows up

Lank

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »

Fable is a good game, but it was rushed out the door.  The plan for the game was going to take FOREVER to complete.  We got 10 hours of story and a good bit of sidequests.  If you look in the code though, there are a lot of things that point to stuff that's not in the game, like a dragon and a lot of quests that don't really exist.  Expect a patch to come from XBL to complete the game.

It's just a damn shame I won't be able to get it because I don't/can't get xbl.  I'd have to find a copy of the original bios and then rehack my box with a switch or something.

talkingwires

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (skyjedi @ Sep 16 2004, 10:02 AM)
Although I have only been able to play the training levels, and the very first quest, I can say that this game is going to be extremely awesome.

Worst review EVAR.

gasclown

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »

biggrin.gif )

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (talkingwires @ Sep 20 2004, 08:37 PM)
Worst review EVAR.

laugh.gif Good one, Comic Book Guy.

c0ld c0d3r

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »

i am really looking forward to this game. i didn't read your posts in fear of rewening the game for myself but is there anything you can't do lol ???

CaTcHa

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (DuDeR MaN @ Sep 19 2004, 07:58 PM)
Final Fantasy is a turn based rpg with a futuristic, anime feel to it.  I personally hate it and many other gamers prefer to combat using startegy AND skill, not just strategy of pressing a button seven times to watch a monster fall down.  The fact that this is real-time fighting, you can not even compare this to final fantasy.  Not to mention final fantasy has been around since the nes days... it has like a cult following.  They have brought in the money that they can afford to make amazing cutscenes and full-length motion pictures that can bomb.  Fable doesn't have that luxury, it's a new franchise.  Bottom line is, this game was overly hyped but that alone doesn't make it a bad game, not at all.

check out kotor, morrowind, or even sudeki.  It seems to me that you have some ps2 fanboy-ism in you and if so, you are missing out on some great games for the xbox.

Dont insult my intelligence I aint no PS2 fanboy , gave that up all that at high school  laugh.gif
I own most consoles and also a decent PC setup and each has its role.
It saddens me that my xbox is not now being used for the purpose it was bought by me  (RPGs) and see it as a wasted oppertunity but only to be expected of microshafters and co.
My xbox is becoming just a standalone divx player in the lounge , no point in playing racers such as Need For Speed Underground etc as the PC versions , to be expected  , wipe the floor with it and thats why I expect some decent consoling Role Play from it.
I get really jacked off when I am hoodwinked by overhyped magazine reviews in to buying a game (especially at import prices!!)
Bad enough having bullshiten reviews in the magazines without people having to read em here , just bear in mind that the review says its awsome.
Maybe Im a PC / Xbox / PS2 / Dreamcast / N64 fanboy then  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  

An good RPG is all about an involving and developing story that drags you in so of course this CAN and WILL be compared to Final Fantasy series (especially 7)  as that will FOREVER be the chosen RPG benchmark .

When the xbox was being developed we were promised loads of quality role playing games due to the Xbox close link with PC developers.

This has NOT happened and that is what saddens me the fact that I STILL have to pull out my PS2 for any involved RPG.

Played Morrowind and it was way too sparce and irradic.

Played KOTOR and just does not compare and story is WAY too obvious.

NO I AM NOT A FANBOY JUST WISHING THAT WE HAD A GOOD XBOX RPG AND THIS 20 HOUR EXCUSE AINT IT BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION AND I REPEAT "THATS A SHAME" THIS HAD A GREAT CHANCE WITH ITS BREEDING SO WHAT THE F%%K HAPPENED ???

Sory but this is a Bad bad review.

cwinning

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »

well actually man me an my brother bought it from eb the returned it 2 days later after we beat it
douche so get your facts right noob

Any idiot can rush through a game to complete it.  It is your loss for not exploring, opening all the silver key chests, completing all the side quests, etc.  The fact of the matter is that the game is easy, but it also quite fun if you spend some time adventuring instead of bulldozing your way through it.

Master YodaX

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (cwinning @ Sep 22 2004, 05:28 PM)

Any idiot can rush through a game to complete it.  It is your loss for not exploring, opening all the silver key chests, completing all the side quests, etc.  The fact of the matter is that the game is easy, but it also quite fun if you spend some time adventuring instead of bulldozing your way through it.

It is also a fact that most people expect to spend at LEAST 20+ hours when rushing through an rpg

crobar

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »

this game isnt a traditional rpg and i think thats why all you rpg fan boys are soooo peved.
if you are angry about fable...then you might be a rpg fan boy.
the game is tons of fun
it plays alot like zelda from n64.
its more of anadventure game not some borring rpg...and for that im glad cause this game was actually fun and still is...the fact that when the game is over you can still do stuff is awesome and i havent seen that in many rpg's

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »

lol, i used one res. vile, and it was something i coulda avioded in the beginning... you can continue after you beat the game, just cant do missions... just finish watching the creds without skipping them.. i mean, once you beat it, just run around killing people and getting married and killing the wives... or just beat it, have your stats maxed, and realize theres nothing left to do after a total of 10 hours

skyjedi

• Archived User
Fable
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »

well actually man me an my brother bought it from eb the returned it 2 days later after we beat it
douche so get your facts right noob

You bitch about not getting a good game and not getting your moneys worth you're right.  Although it your fault.  You played it as a linear RPG, which isn't why this game is awesome.  

this game isnt a traditional rpg and i think thats why all you rpg fan boys are soooo peved.
if you are angry about fable...then you might be a rpg fan boy.
the game is tons of fun
it plays alot like zelda from n64.
its more of anadventure game not some borring rpg...and for that im glad cause this game was actually fun and still is...the fact that when the game is over you can still do stuff is awesome and i havent seen that in many rpg's

Right on
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4