xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow - Ntsc  (Read 428 times)

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow - Ntsc
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

you sure about that.. I know it says system link but I'm sure you can play it with system link... I'll have to check

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

sad.gif

zaplon

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

its all about XBOX CONNECT!

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2004, 02:29:00 AM »

ohmy.gif

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

I have to disagree, this is one of the few games where xbox live is worth having for... the headset alone is a huge thing to have in a team match.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »

you do know that a large amount of the system link/ live games allow you to use a headset in system link right?

in the end it comes down to how crippled a dev decided to make a game to snuggle up to ms.

splinter cell 2 is one of those games that allows you to use the headset in system link...you lose nothing by going syslink over live, except instant competition...and if you play with friends, you have nothing gained by live.

ArcticWolf

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »

As most of you may already know, the original Splinter Call borrowed much from (and inspired by) Metal Gear Sold and Syphon Filter.  Having said that, I still thought that Splinter Cell was the best game when it was released.  Pandora Tomorrow is just as good as the first, and although not original, the Splinter Cell series is the best game to date.  Unfortunate for other games, Splinter Cell set the standards for which other games are gauged.  When you look at second rate games like Jame Bond 007: Everything or Nothing, the controls are terrible.  The camera movements in Ninja Gaiden is pathetically poor.  We can confidently say that those games have poor controls and camera movements because Splinter Cell has done such an awsome job.  As Splinter Cell learned from past games, future games should learn from Splinter Cell.
A small pet peeve, not necessarily for Splinter Cell, but other games as well, is that these games should allow us to customize the control.  By that, I mean give us the ability to change the controls completely, instead of giving us a  few options.

desertboy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2004, 07:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (ArcticWolf @ Apr 28 2004, 07:33 PM)
As most of you may already know, the original Splinter Call borrowed much from (and inspired by) Metal Gear Sold and Syphon Filter.  Having said that, I still thought that Splinter Cell was the best game when it was released.  Pandora Tomorrow is just as good as the first, and although not original, the Splinter Cell series is the best game to date.  Unfortunate for other games, Splinter Cell set the standards for which other games are gauged.  When you look at second rate games like Jame Bond 007: Everything or Nothing, the controls are terrible.  The camera movements in Ninja Gaiden is pathetically poor.  We can confidently say that those games have poor controls and camera movements because Splinter Cell has done such an awsome job.  As Splinter Cell learned from past games, future games should learn from Splinter Cell.
A small pet peeve, not necessarily for Splinter Cell, but other games as well, is that these games should allow us to customize the control.  By that, I mean give us the ability to change the controls completely, instead of giving us a  few options.

I think it unfair to compare 007 to splinter cell 2, it's like comparing Die Hard to Momento. 2 very different genres, 007 was instant gratification where as splinter cell 2 was something that needed time to apprieciate.

I personally think N got it right with Zelda:oot for feel of a control system and no game since has come close (Except maybe Vice City) fo feeling like you're really in control not just pressing some buttons.

MThaG

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »

Possibly my new favorite Xbox game!

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (SS-King @ May 13 2004, 06:40 PM)
That is bullshit, this game sucks in my opinion really, the single player is pretty great, actually THE SAME THING AS NUMBER 1, and the multiplayer is gay and they tried to make it too futuristic and gay shit, I feel they should have just made multiplayer like tsingle, One guy is sam and how ever many more there are is just the guards walking around... none of this defuse the gay bomb wanna be or w/e the hell it is, now C'MON that's just gay...

King  grr.gif

totally disagree, best game i've played ina very long time....very creative multi.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (SS-King @ May 13 2004, 09:29 PM)
I just dont like it man, its basically number 1 in single player, and the multiplayer, i need to find out what they were smokin, cuz that shit must really fuck you up. LOL

its okay, its probably just because its the only game i am better than you at smile.gif

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »

it always suprises me how some people express how they will hate something as simple as a video game.

Whether you enjoy the multiplayer or not you should still give it to bungie for creating something rather than the norm.  This game would not work as spy on spy, it wouldn't work with one spy and many mercs (way too easy for the mercs and if you played long enough you'd know of the big advantages mercs have).  This game is a perfect balance for what they are trying to accomplish.

The biggest problem with the multiplayer is... well "was" the cheating.  Ubisoft has since developed a patch to stop it and is erasing the scoreboards as of next week to provide everyone with a fresh, fair start.  Also I heard of 2 new levels coming soon enough to make for even more excitement.

As for the single player, I beat it... it wasn't really to my liking though the environments were very well done.  The single player is really just forgettable once you get through it.

Helios

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2004, 12:40:00 AM »

I think that this game is great.... I dont mind that it is pretty much identical as the first because I enjoyed both of them.... Still both games were short but fun while they lasted
Pages: 1 [2]