xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: ****links 2004****  (Read 165 times)

notehku

• Archived User
****links 2004****
« on: December 30, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »

your review is just as good as this one from ebgames.com:

dave dougherty ([email protected]) on 12/29/2003
THIS GAME SUCKS
Well i don't like this game because it is not a good golf game.Xbox is just trying to make more money.Tiger woods will aways be the best golf game in the world.Xbox keep trying to make a good golf game.

;)  <

SYN-SpyDeR

• Archived User
****links 2004****
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 04:01:00 PM »

yes well we all have opinions, thats why we express them.  i for myself hate tiger woods.  never really feel like u r controlling anything.  hot shots golf 3 is way better than tiger.  **** FUTURE INFO****  dont trust EB games, i used to work for them. they just beef up reviews for sales.  they dont base the reviews on gameplay.  <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
****links 2004****
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 09:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (notehku @ Dec 30 2003, 12:35 PM)
Xbox is just trying to make more money.

damn that MS, trying to make profit.. good thing nintendo and sony never try to make more money  tongue.gif

nice review.  I use to LOVE links back on the pc, especially the one with bobcat golthreight (spelling?) as your caddy... that was funny as hell, I think it was links 95, I forget.  Anyway I do have to say once I played tiger woods I was hooked.  I still love links but it's got great competition out there and for consoles I'd have to go with tiger woods.

and come on... what other golf game hits the ball like Happy Gilmore when you smack the hell out of it?  hmm... Happy Gilmore PGA Tour 2004, better get MS to get the rights for that and fast!

SYN-SpyDeR

• Archived User
****links 2004****
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »

lol agreed.  links has always been great.  tiger just didnt apeal to me.  i also enjoy the links advanced mode. i think thats what has me hooked.  AGAIN.  nice halo review DUDER.  <

notehku

• Archived User
****links 2004****
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »

i was making fun of your review by comparing it to the 3rd grade reading level ones on ebgames.com.

i wasn't arguing with your points at all.  <

SYN-SpyDeR

• Archived User
****links 2004****
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »

and with that in mind...... wink.gif

P@nz3R

• Archived User
****links 2004****
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

lololololololol  <

Ace25

• Archived User
****links 2004****
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

Just adding my 2cents.. I agree this game is much better than Tiger. I don't care for buying tatoos, earings, etc for "luck".. I wanna play a golf game.. and once again Links has delivered exactly that. I have been a links fanatic since Links386 (yes, it was made to run on 386 PCs). Always has been, and still is, the best golf game made.. that is, if your into playing GOLF in a golf game. If you like sitting there putting on makup and bracelets on your golf character as well as clothes shopping between every match, then yes, Tiger is for you. lol.   <

SYN-SpyDeR

• Archived User
****links 2004****
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 07:35:00 PM »

Links 2004
(IMG:http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2003/all/boxshots2/914918.jpg)

TITLE: Links 2004
PUBLISHER: MS
DEVELOPER: MS
DATE RELEASED: November 11, 2003
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 1-?
XBOX SYSTEM LINK: ?
XBOX LIVE COMPATABLE: yes
HDTV Support: 480p
5.1 Surround Sound: yes
GENRE: Sports
PLATFORM: XBOX
ESRB: Everyone
Retail Price: $49.99

(IMG:http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen1/914918_20030731_screen005.jpg)

LINKS ..... a long running Golf series finally came to the xbox.  sounds exciting?   WELL IT SHOULD.  this game rocks.  pure fun and great visuals and models.

Graphics  8/10

solid visuals.   great enviroments.  if u are on a sharp embankment exposing alot of rough the framrate drops to literally 15 frames LOL.   but its rare enough to not bother.  

Gameplay   7/10

game play is solid.   takes a while to get used to the A skill level.  in A skill level u must learn to hit the ball and judge distance and what not WITHOUT ant meters/gauges.  it sounds crazy and trust me it is at first but you can easily get a hang of it.   SOOOOO many unlockable things.  including clothes, players, clubs, diff ball types, courses, and more.   also if you sit at the tee for a while and dont move eventually some animals will come on the screen.  its funny.  imagine big ass black bears walking across the course while hitting.

Control     9/10

if u like outlaw golf......@$!*  you!!!!!!!!   hahah jk.  but that game blowed to me.  links is so much better. sporting easier ball hitting , sensitive putting,  and the awesome flop shot!!!  after probably 30 min of playing you will have it down.

Sound      9/10

sound is awesome.  to me.....   the audience sounds great, ambient bird chirping and woodpecker crap sounds great,  wind rain,  everything sounds great.  comentary sucks though but i dont count that, i just turn it off.  you can also import music to play .  muwahahaha.

Multiplayer     10/10

SOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!  play on live and u dont have to wait to hit the ball.  u all play simultaneously.  u see the color streaks representing other players hitting their ball.  tournaments like crazy too all around the world. (mostly america and europe.)  

DEFINITELY DONT MISS THIS GAME.

This post has been edited by DuDeR MaN: Jan 22 2004, 03:13 AM