xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: True Crimes Streets Of La  (Read 298 times)

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
True Crimes Streets Of La
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2003, 12:31:00 AM »

anyone else find it odd that this guys name is rapboy yet he hates rap?

Well I personally am not a fan of rap.  But I have the entire metallica and nirvana music collection (yes even the subpar tunes from st. anger) on my box along with various tracks from artists such as greenday, puddle of mudd, system of a down, alice in chains, black sabbath, blue oyster cult, red hot chili peppers, and a bunch more. So I don't think music will be a problem with me.   biggrin.gif

Thing is I bought this game... yes bought a REAL copy, take that leechers, and before I'm even ready to open it up my xbox craps out on me.  So now it's getting fixed as we speak... I wanna play this damn game! (I also bought gta3 the same day, god damn it!)

anonymo

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2003, 06:54:00 AM »

Rapboy "This game makes GTA look uninspired."

Have you played this game??? It plays for about 8 hours and ever single mission is the same, sneak in, shoot the place up and then kung-fu your ass out...fun for the first three levels until you find out the only new guns you get are shitty and you can only 'own' 4 cars. If you ask me the only good part about this game is Christopher Walken and the bonus disco scene when you finish the game...boy was that funny. I just wish someone could hack Tommy Vircetti into the game so when some poor bastard playing Nick comes along to try and arrest me for selling cocaine to children I can whip out my chain gun and send him 'BACK TO CALI'

420warrior

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2003, 02:23:00 AM »

I have to say that I don't understand why people like this game so much.  I tried it out and played though the entire game.  I felt it was really short.  The worst of all though, I don't think that this game had a single original aspect in it.  The gun shooting aspect is in my opinion the most fun part of the game, but is a complete clone of Max Payne.  It even has a bullet time timer and a roll move for dodging bullets while shooting.  The sneaking is copied from Metal Gear.  The karate is a copy of Shenmue.  The karate is what ruined this game for me.  It is nothing more than paper/scissors/rock with kung fu.  The grabs seem ackward and never really seemed to work to well for me.  The driving was fun, but an obvious copy of GTA.  Even has the small circular map at the bottom right of screen.

I did like the good cop/bad cop rating system.  I also really liked the story and graphics.

For those who don't know, Cristopher Walken is the narrator.

Final rating 4 of 10

slappy00

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2003, 10:57:00 PM »

I'm playing it right now:

The good:

• Vehicle Physics
  • the whole arresting thing
  • decent one-liners

The bad:

• Horrible camra control
  • uninspired Kung-Fu
  • Markers disappear, hard to find your way back from anywhere

My personal quirks were the whole goodcop/bad cop system. I hateed it, in fact i dont see why the hell you have it in the first place. I would want to be able to play as the bad cop or be a fallen cop where i could play for the other side. Nope none of that be a good cop or its gonna be a bitch to play.
Also i really dont get the whole "immobolize" thing there is a guy freaking unloading on me with a ak or whatever and i have to take care not to hurt him  huh.gif  . And if i do shoot him i lose a shield

Other than those gripes the gameplay isnt that bad, in fact i like how criminals will jack another car and take off. I also like shooting tires out and such. I think that this is a step in the right direction but needs a bit more breadth before it can truly be on the level of GTA in terms of non-mission gameplay.

snoopdogg

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2003, 02:21:00 AM »

Visuals 10 ???? are you serious?

sorry, i'd say this is one of the ugliest game i've ever played?

more than 5, no way.

glueMEgus

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2003, 07:06:00 PM »

i played it for a few weeks then dropped the controller. however it is good game for awhile. you must remember that if a game mixes elements of driving/shooting/fighting they each have to suffer in depth. good for a rental.

SYN-SpyDeR

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2003, 11:33:00 AM »

agreed . rental at most,  it has all the genres yet they all take a back seat and cant fully focus on one. rental indeed.
Pages: 1 [2]