xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Area 51 (but Whose Counting!?)  (Read 112 times)

blindsay

• Archived User
Area 51 (but Whose Counting!?)
« on: May 26, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »

(*Mimicking the mess outta Mr. D. Docuviny ... ahem... the guy from X-Files*)

May 26, 2005...

I found myself sitting at home. Not that I often lost to find myself...but when I do this is usually where we meet. Anyway...I found myself infront of my television, plugging in the CD for Midways new Area 51. I've found myself often anticipating this game, but then I lose myself and have to spend the weekend looking for me.

I am pleasantly greeted by aliens and the promise of a 2nd Halo from critics of the game, as I begin to play I am impressed with the graphical level, it rivals Halo atleast in this aspect, but am then IMMEDIATELY turned off by the voice of the X-Files guy!

(* Stops the mimicking now *)

Alright enough with that, I am about to let this game have it. First, Marilyn Manson isn't the right voice for an alien species as I am sure that is who is mysteriously (not really) purtraying as the elusive "Edgar" and just because you were the star character of a show about aliens doesn't and I mean DOESN'T insinuate in the least that YOU Mr. David Docuviny or however you spell your fancy name should by the voice any and everything dealing with said creatures.

His voice is bland and irritating to no end. I spent like the first 30 minutes playing the game looking for something GOOD to review about it, I'm seriously you guys. The graphics are the best aspects. The aiming is like a Halo/Ghost Recon Mix and the recoil is pretty cool, but only if you enjoy true realism in your FPS.

I am more then drawn to compare the game to Project Snowblind and we all know how that turned out (very disappointing for the young'uns).

I am sure I am about 50 percent through the game and I've only been playing for like an hour and a half max. The graphics are incredible if you ask me, but the game itself is weak.

If you wanna know a secret the game I have been playing on my Xbox has been the Sega Genesis cult-classic Phantasy Star IV, and I am more spellbound by a game that released 12 years ago then this.

First Look: 8/10
Second Look: 5/10
Graphics: 10/10
Gameplay: 6/10
Longevity: 6/10
FPS worthy: 8/10
Originality: 8/10
Score against the God of FPS (HALO): 6/10

Unless your trading in a game like Forza Motorsport or Mars Attacks I wouldn't waste the money on this one people.

A:I

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »

i got 'area 51' too, its...um...different, to say the leist! biggrin.gif  jester.gif

dumpav

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

btw, how you turn on flashlight in this game??
I press every button, but i can' get the flash to turn on!

t_mac_ca

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(dumpav @ Jun 4 2005, 08:45 PM)
btw, how you turn on flashlight in this game??