xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is It Worth Having This Separate Forum?  (Read 274 times)

leisenstein

• Archived User
Is It Worth Having This Separate Forum?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

tongue.gif

Barnolde

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »

I write reviews for a site and post them in various places, here being one of them, along with CAG and Guzzlefish. I wouldn't like the review board to disappear, I like it.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2003, 08:57:00 AM »

I've noticed that without a contest driving this forum.. submissions dropped off big time. Lack of interest?

I figured it would help encourage posting if we lifted the delayed moderation system that was in place.. but that hasn't appeared to help...

Let me know here if this should remain open.. or if it should be merged with GAME CHAT.

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »

reviews will quickly get lost in the gamers chat.  I think this would be better if it was more organized, easier to find the games you want to review.  Maybe alphabetise it.  I personally enjoy reading in this forum but it's very time consuming to write a good review.  My personal theory is you must beat a game in order to review it or you will not be able to get a fair opinion on it.  so it first takes time to beat the games then gather your thoughts together and finally to arrange those thoughts into intellegent text.  Also I noticed the rules have not been enforced too much, I am talking mostly about the "i don't like halo" review.  I have othign against the review, it's his opinion but there is such a conflict of interest in the posts and it's rediculous.

Also a good thing to add would be a poll for every review to see the users opinon on the game.. like a 1-5 poll of how good or bad you thought the game was.

well thats just my $.02

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2003, 09:54:00 AM »

My thoughts:
1. I would remove it altogether before moving it to gamers chat
2. I think alphabetizing it would be better
3. There are other sites I would go to first to see reviews about a game but there are some here that are useful and well done.  Is it worth having a whole topic for those few?  I guess that depends on the effort needed to maintain it.
4. I thought I had better thoughts on this topic than this... oh well, maybe run a few more contests, even just for something small like a new eeprom.bin
Pages: 1 [2]