xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Kotor I I - Peragus - Black Screen / Broken T3 Fix  (Read 3464 times)

surr3al

• Archived User
Kotor I I - Peragus - Black Screen / Broken T3 Fix
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »

Thanks chefelf!!! It worked great for me, however only after erasing all of my cache files. I also made sure that all the directories listed in the ini file had the same capilizations, and paths.

Thanks again!

Nalixor

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

Hey guys. I actually have a question about the .INI file fix.

I look at what it is supposed to be in the original .INI, and what it is supposed to look like in the fixed version, but when I look at my Star Wars KotOR II folder on my xbox's hdd, the directories dont match up. And I am not sure if it is a problem or not.

These are the directories on my Xbox hdd after backing up the game there:

Main Dir: F:/Games/Star Wars KotOR II/
Inside that Directory are these ones:
/Dataxbox/
/Lips/
/Modules/
/Movies/
/Rimsxbox/
/StreamMusic/
/StreamSounds/
/StreamVoice/
/Supermodels/
/SWRC/

And thats it, so as you can see, I dont have the /Errortex/, /Override/, /LocalVault/, /ServerVault/, /Texturepacks/ or /StreamWaves/ directories. So yeah, does anyone know if this is why the .INI fix wont work for me?

I am not sure what Chip and what Bios version I have, since I paid someone else to mod it for me. But I do know I have Evo-X.

Also, this is the PAL version of the game, as bought in Australia.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »

Nalixor -

Certain file structures differ depending on the region your game was manufactured for.  Certain German builds have a different directory as well.

The best solution that i can think of is use the existing structure of your game and simply change the occurences of D:\ (or whichever drive your DVD-Rom uses) to ...\Games\Kotor 2\

You might want to download a "skip pergaus" mod as this is a more efficient way of skipping through majority of that part of the game (unless you're really compelled to play through an hour and a half or so of Peragus).

A good mod can be found here.

This post has been edited by darth_turtur: Oct 23 2006, 06:45 PM

CyberAxe

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »

has anyone tried installing the pc version installing the latest patches and then copying over the files from the pc ver to the xbox ver (obviously only the files that is common between the 2 versions)]

ive been planning on doing this but havent got hold of the pc version yet

SphtKr76

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »

The.ini fix did not work for me either, cleared all the caches also, no go. I ended up ftp'ing the files back to my PO, creating an ISO with C-Xbox, and then burning it to a DVD, the game works great now.

Art2Fly

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »

I think this might have to do with the way that you backup the game like from a backup or the origonal CD -or- maybe it could be the fact that your hdd may be too slow because i am still haveing the same problem even with the modified ini PLUS later on at Telos MOZA doesn't speek the droid doesn't beep and a lot off wird things happen also ewhen you get off of Telos thats it you stay on the ebon hawk forever pls HELP! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)

Lunar Aura

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(SplinterJim @ Nov 4 2005, 01:57 AM) View Post

The TSR fix worked for me.  Thanks.

beerchug.gif

As did my friend's (also after editing the .ini). Thanks for the fix, guys! This problem was a real mother.

ReRuss

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »

I couldn't get it to work , note the bold , and pretty sure it was new game , not sure about cache

CODE
[Alias]
HD0=f:\
OVERRIDE=f:\Games\KOTOR2\Override
ERRORTEX=f:\Games\KOTOR2\Errortex
TEMP=z:\Temp
MODULES=f:\Games\KOTOR2\Modules
LOGS=t:\Logs
LOCALVAULT=f:\Games\KOTOR2\LocalVault
DMVAULT=f:\Games\KOTOR2\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=f:\Games\KOTOR2\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=f:\Games\KOTOR2\STREAMMusic
TEMPCLIENT=z:\Tempclient
SAVES=u:\
CURRENTGAME=z:\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=f:\Games\KOTOR2\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=f:\Games\KOTOR2\StreamWaves
GAMEINPROGRESS=z:\GAMEINPROGRESS
REBOOTDATA=z:\rebootdata
LIPS=f:\Games\KOTOR2\Games\KOTOR2Lips

Then I looked at chefelfs and noticed this , so I changed it to

CODE
[Alias]
HD0=f:\Games\KOTOR2\
OVERRIDE=f:\Games\KOTOR2\Override
ERRORTEX=f:\Games\KOTOR2\Errortex
TEMP=z:\Temp
MODULES=f:\Games\KOTOR2\Modules
LOGS=t:\Logs
LOCALVAULT=f:\Games\KOTOR2\LocalVault
DMVAULT=f:\Games\KOTOR2\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=f:\Games\KOTOR2\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=f:\Games\KOTOR2\STREAMMusic
TEMPCLIENT=z:\Tempclient
SAVES=u:\
CURRENTGAME=z:\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=f:\Games\KOTOR2\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=f:\Games\KOTOR2\StreamWaves
GAMEINPROGRESS=z:\GAMEINPROGRESS
REBOOTDATA=z:\rebootdata
LIPS=f:\Games\KOTOR2\Games\KOTOR2Lips

Crossed my fingers hoping I could go through this game on light side without that bug , and it worked...

I have an NTSC version , tried this using a 8x Ritek DVD-R , and copied to HDD (so from original , to DVD-R , to HDD)

Xbox v1.0 (TSOP w/ X2 5035)
Samsung 616T
80gb WD800JB (7200rpm/8m cache)
Launched with EvoX (IGR Off , the other thing on default)

TechKing

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »

no luck with any of the tricks mentionned

This post has been edited by TechKing: Apr 2 2008, 03:17 PM

Fizd

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2008, 08:53:00 AM »

After days of trying out a bunch of different fixes, I am still getting nowhere further.
I'm playing it from the hd.

I tried all of the following:

-Edited the .ini to several configs.
The xbox hdd-path is : \F:\Games\Star Wars KotOR II\

Tried to edit the ini to these configs:

HD0= f:GamesStarWarsKnightsoftheOldRepublic2
HD0= \F:\Games\Star Wars KotOR II\
HD0=d:\
HD0=f:\

-Watched several movies right after the infamous 'save'. Loaded both the autosave, aswell as one self created save right before the terminal

-Cleared the cache

-Deleted the game and transferred a fresh iso through qwix, started a new game. And tried the first two steps again after that.

-Changed between PAL and NTSC

-Unfortunately I can't try the telnet fix, since I'm running Avalaunch. Does anyone know of a way around this?

-Now, just like Nalixor mentioned about his version. I don't have the /Errortex/, /Override/, /LocalVault/, /ServerVault/, /Texturepacks/ or /StreamWaves/ directories installed in my version either. Does this have any affect on the .ini files?

-I've tried the 'Skip peragus mod' which darth_turtur mentioned. Although it seems to be created for merely the PC version?

Anyhoo, when I transferred the Override dir which is in the mod, to my KOTOR2 dir, I played through completely different direction in the game. Instead of going through with your own character, you just continue where you were with T3 droid and are now able to access the Hangar bay into the Ebon hawk. All seemed well, up until the part where you have to take control of the gun turrets and shoot down the attacking flood of Sith.

the game keeps freezing when loading into the next screen after that. So I deleted the Override 'mod' folder again from my KOTOR2 dir after that.

-Tried several HDD-fixes. All without any luck.

I'm quite close to just giving up, since it's just real frustrating.  cool.gif
Are there any methods left which I can try however? Would be a great help!

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »

As I recall,  this problem is a timing issue (and was confirmed as such by an Obsidian dev). Running the game from the HD accesses the cutscene faster than it does when reading from the disc, and this jacks up the timing leading to the game going buggy (in other areas of the game as well).

Of course, this doesn't explain why some people are plagued by this problem and others never see it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)  Nor does it explain why the endless stream of "fixes" work for some, but not for others...

NO fix is a 100% certainty, unless it bypasses this part of the game entirely.

The other issue of the game freezing after the turret minigame... I did have this problem once myself, but was never quite sure why. It's likely that it happened because I had been using warp scripts (and a few other tools I was addicted to at the time) to jump around the game before reaching the hangar. It's possible that in doing so, I missed a couple of checks, and there were unset flags required by the game to progress (I saw that problem a lot while I was jumping around like a fool).
In other words, bypassing part of the game is okay if the checks are addressed (usually by scripts), but you may find yourself at an endless loading screen if they aren't.

I'm not sure any of this is going to help you, but this is what I recall from several years ago.

This post has been edited by VoxAngel: Jul 21 2008, 08:19 PM

Fizd

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »

yes it's quite a mystery why theses fixes work for some people, and for others absolutely not

What you said about the timing issue makes perfect sense. I've noticed several lags in the loading screens and such.

btw, I came across this on a site regarding the black screen issue:

Q. I'm still stuck on Peragus, when T3 gets to the computer that lowers something down, he logs off, and gets fried. After this, the screen goes black.

A. I have found that this happens because the droid deflector Mark 1 was active. I waited for it's effect to dissipate, and the game continues on as it should. (Thanks Om Prakash N.)

I'm not sure what they mean by 'waiting for the effect to dissipate' though. Unequip it?
Well...tried that. But no luck.

Anyways, thanks for the reply VoxAngel! That way we'll atleast keep discussions alive on this problem, since even after 3 or so years there still doesn't seem to be a 'perfect' solution out there yet.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

This post has been edited by Fizd: Jul 21 2008, 10:32 PM

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »

One thing I forgot to mention. Sometimes, getting past one of these glitches can be as easy as popping in the disc and playing through the problem area... dry.gif

ikno2much

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »

I just ran in to this issue with my backup and followed the directions for editing the ini file and clearing the cache. After deleting all of my saves I tried starting the game over to see if it worked. To my surprise it DIDN'T, however because I'm such a noob at this stuff I wanted to make sure that I had done everything correctly and what I realized is that I messed up when clearing out my cache. Now for someone like me this is an easy thing to screw up so I wanted to clarify the process for anyone else that might be dealing with this issue. When you go to clear out the cache files on your xbox hdd here are the steps:

1. FTP into your xbox
2. access the e:/cache file and delete everything inside it

Now the next three steps are where I messed up. Each of the dives (X, Y, Z) have a cache file in them. If you only empty out what is in the cache file on these drives then you are not actually clearing your entire cache.

3. access the x: drive and delete everything on it (this is a cache drive unless you set it up as something else)
4. access the y: drive and delete everything on it (this is a cache drive unless you set it up as something else)
5. access the z: drive and delete everything on it (this is a cache drive unless you set it up as something else)

After remedying my mistake and deleting all files on the X, Y, and Z drives I rebooted my xbox, loaded KOTR2 and then loaded my saved game from just before T3 accesses the computer and bingo it worked like a charm. Now I'm not saying that this will work for everyone but if you made the same stupid mistake of just deleting the files in the cache folders on X, Y, and Z then this could be your fix.

johnnyxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2009, 02:35:00 PM »

hey all i think i found a solution to the problem...i haven't looked through all the pages of this forum so i apologize if someone already found this fix.
the good thing about this is that you can do it anywhere before the black screen.

run the game from the disk (i'm not sure if this had anything to do with it but it was running from the disk so i'm going to include it)

on the main game screen unequip weapons on t3-d4 (whatever his name is)
go into the inventory screen and unquip everything

now go ahead and play as normal from the hard drive...works like a charm!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]