xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Kotor I I - Peragus - Black Screen / Broken T3 Fix  (Read 3615 times)

superjiho

• Archived User
Kotor I I - Peragus - Black Screen / Broken T3 Fix
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(ether99 @ Feb 18 2005, 07:06 PM)
I dont know if you guys have tried this fix, but it did work for me first time.  This is the quote from the backups forum, posted by Shakaru:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...327160&hl=kotor
Now, I do have problems with the audio - I'm getting jittering and slowdowns whenever characters speak and when I'm just running around. I erased all the cache folders on Z, Y, X and E and this works for the first time I load it but just returns to the jittering the second time I load... I'll keep working on that

awesome got it working on first try!!!  Thanks a million!!!

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

How can something like this beat us?

Someone must be able to create a patch or something.

McGeyser

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2005, 02:19:00 AM »

I just started playing this game and have come to the same crash as everyone here. Tried all steps, no avail. The game was just getting good too, must be a media check right? Will somebody please bust out the hex editor, I'm hex illiterate. This is a pinned problem FFS, be a hero, please?

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »

Ok I'll atempt hex. It can't be any harder then using the old action replay carts for N64 to find the right code, right?

Find the value of the Hex codes when the game crashes and when the game runs off the disc and just isolate the right code(s) to preven the crashes and make a patch to fix the hex value.

Probably wrong and I don't know how to do it on xbox but my futile atempts won't go unnoted.......I hope.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

Ok can't do it just buy the frigging game like I did in the fist place.

rattlerHiPo

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »

same prob here did d:rive patch still blackness. did the telnet work like a charm. pain though xbox at otherside of the house then computer i put the controller on the table and when the noise of the controller stoped i hit enter

fattchris

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

I also am having the "no matter what I do my attacks miss" thing. It only happens with the main charactor. Any suggestions?

In regards to that Black screen of doom when ou are using T3, I did the "telnet, fr, uf" thing and it worked 2nd try.

navyfam1

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2005, 11:48:00 AM »

Hey, I ran into the same problem and turned to these forums for help. There were a lot of good ideas. I only had to try one of these though and it worked.
Turn TSR to "DEBUG" and make sure IGR is "OFF". This will make the game lag, and cut-scenes are extremely choppy. But I was able to get through it. After the next scene when you turn back into your JEDI, go through the cutscene and then save. Go back and turn TSR back to "NORMAL" and IGR can be turned back on. This worked for me. I'm running and Xenium chip with EVOX 3935. I have the game on my HD and never had to use the disk.
Just giving feedback. Thanks for all the help.

THE MAD TWEEKER

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2005, 12:31:00 AM »

Why even bother going through all the fuss of the above methods, just erase all your games then clear your cache. Now start a new game and play straight through without saveing and you will be fine. (takes like 10 min don't worry about serching for every little thing you can go back later and get stuff).

kouza

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but not a newbie to fooling around with the xbox.  The Telnet fix worked like a champ.  Just wanted to say thanks for all the great suggestions.

XBoxFan#999

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »

I just wanted to add that Chefelf's original fix does work, but I think it depends entirely on your XBox make and model more than anything else.

I have a 1.6 XBox with Evox 3935 Bios AND I ripped the game to the HDD from my original disc using the LATEST version of DVD2XBox and that also might be a factor as well.

Also, as stated but not emphasized, right after you rip the game to your HDD, go to the e:\CACHE folder and delete the two .bin files. I think this is what makes the media check and is what is causing everyone problems.

After doing these things, I can play the game without a hitch and don't have to put my disc back into the box to get past it, or Telnet into it in debug mode.

What I do is roll up to the console with T3, save IN A NEW SAVE SLOT just in case, access the terminal, T3 gets blasted and everything goes all right from there as if the disc was always in the drive.

This post has been edited by XBoxFan#999: May 7 2005, 09:56 PM

yeknom

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »

If u have the original disc still or access 2 one, try just playing through the t3 black screen bit off the disc, then when u get through the t3 getting blasted bit and the game loads back 2 ur main character at the Admin console with Attor save the game, then u should be able 2 play from there off the hdd. Anyway worked for me so far and im about 6 hours past the t3 crash bit and no probs.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(yeknom @ May 23 2005, 09:31 AM)
If u have the original disc still or access 2 one, try just playing through the t3 black screen bit off the disc, then when u get through the t3 getting blasted bit and the game loads back 2 ur main character at the Admin console with Attor save the game, then u should be able 2 play from there off the hdd. Anyway worked for me so far and im about 6 hours past the t3 crash bit and no probs.

Great suggestion!  I did this too and it worked fine.  Someone said that the unofficial evox trainers were the suspect to these crashes.  Well I've been using the trainer all throughout Telos and I haven't really ran into any problems.  Quick thing though, the first time I ran it off the disc, I still had the black screen.  If this has happened to anyone, make sure you delete your cache (either in the E, X, Y, or Z drives) then load it back.  I was able to continue my loaded game after I cleaned out the cache folder.

thesideinguy

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2005, 01:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(ether99 @ Feb 18 2005, 12:11 PM)

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...327160&hl=kotor
TSR Mode - WORKS
For Evox users, just follow these easy steps.
1) Go into you Settings tab on the Evox Dashboard and find the option for TSR. Set this to Debug (Not normal unlike many thought) Save, restart evox and then open Kotor 2.
2) get to the part right before you access the terminal that opens the administration level before the cut scene and save.
3) In Internet Explorer type "Telnet:100.100.100.100". The 100's are obviously for your xboxs ip.
4) Then type in the new window that poped up "FR" but do not hit enter. You are doing this to get ready for a quick shot.
5) Now do the whole terminal thing and right as T3 gets zapped and the screen starts to fade, hit ENTER on your keyboard. You xbox should freeze.
6) Next on telnet just type "UF" for un freeze and the game should continue on and autosave and load the next part.
Your timing is all important as for the window of opertunity is short. If it dosent work, go back and try again. Took me 2 trys for this.

had to add to that a litle because i could not get the timeing right.
if your like me and cant get that perfect freeze, do this.
as soon as the droid gets zaped, it FR enter. then UF enter follwed by a verry fast FR enter again. keep doing that until the game auto saves and reloads.

Cheif, the ini thing didnt work for me either.
i deleted all cach turned off igr and everything.my ini looked like this

[Alias]
HD0=f:\HDDLoader\PxGame28
OVERRIDE=f:\HDDLoader\PxGame28\Override
ERRORTEX=f:\HDDLoader\PxGame28\Errortex
TEMP=z:\Temp
MODULES=f:\HDDLoader\PxGame28\Modules
LOGS=t:\Logs
LOCALVAULT=f:\HDDLoader\PxGame28\LocalVault
DMVAULT=f:\HDDLoader\PxGame28\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=f:\HDDLoader\PxGame28\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=f:\HDDLoader\PxGame28\STREAMMusic
TEMPCLIENT=z:\Tempclient
SAVES=u:\
CURRENTGAME=z:\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=f:\HDDLoader\PxGame28\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=f:\HDDLoader\PxGame28\StreamWaves
GAMEINPROGRESS=z:\GAMEINPROGRESS
REBOOTDATA=z:\rebootdata
LIPS=f:\HDDLoader\PxGame28\Lips

but it would not work at all.
i'm runing a 1.4 with a smartxx v2 with a x2 bios.
it looked like it should work. but it just wouldnt listen to reson.

This post has been edited by thesideinguy: May 29 2005, 09:00 AM

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »

If all else fail, Run the first part of your game via the original game disc.  After the switch from T3 to your Main Character, save the game, exit, clear the cache and reload your saved game from the Hard Drive.  I've been playing it from the HDD now for 11 hours and haven't had any problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6