xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Halo 2 Widescreen  (Read 342 times)

rastetter

• Archived User
Halo 2 Widescreen
« on: August 12, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »

My Tv is 52" by 30"

with a vertical split that makes each screen 26" by 32"
with a horizontal split it makes each screen 52" by 15"

I would rather have the screen wider than tall, as most levels it is better to be able to see around then up and down

Is there anyway to switch this? (i think if i set the xbox to STANDARD it does this, but i do not want to do this)

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Halo 2 Widescreen
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(rastetter @ Aug 12 2006, 02:50 PM) View Post
My Tv is 52" by 30"

with a vertical split that makes each screen 26" by 32"
with a horizontal split it makes each screen 52" by 15"

I would rather have the screen wider than tall, as most levels it is better to be able to see around then up and down

Is there anyway to switch this? (i think if i set the xbox to STANDARD it does this, but i do not want to do this)

Nope. Setting it at a 4:3 aspect ratio is the only way. 16:9 makes halo2 split vertically

rastetter

• Archived User
Halo 2 Widescreen
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 03:08:00 PM »

yes but is there a way to disable 16X9 so i dont have to switch settings when i wanna play halo

maybe is there a file i can delete in the game that would disable 16x9

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Halo 2 Widescreen
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(rastetter @ Aug 25 2006, 04:15 PM) View Post
yes but is there a way to disable 16X9 so i dont have to switch settings when i wanna play halo

maybe is there a file i can delete in the game that would disable 16x9

I wish there were. I don't think there is. If there is pm me and let me know because it would really help me out a lot too. At the end of the day I think that it was just a poor decision in the development cycle and we're stuck with it. Hopefully they will get it right in Halo 3.

Grentz

• Archived User
Halo 2 Widescreen
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »

Frankly I hate it when the screen is split horizontally, when its vertically split its like each player has their own tv (at least when playing on a widescreen larger tv).

It would be nice if they gave the option though.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Halo 2 Widescreen
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Grentz @ Sep 13 2006, 06:40 PM) View Post
Frankly I hate it when the screen is split horizontally, when its vertically split its like each player has their own tv (at least when playing on a widescreen larger tv).

It would be nice if they gave the option though.

To each their own. All of my tvs are widescreen Hi-def but the aspect ratio is not the same so when split vertically a great deal of peripheral vision is cut off. I can't deal with not having peripheral vision. Split horizontally is my view of choice due to that fact. The Fov is already small and you have tunnel vision in Halo2, I can't STAND it to be any less due to a vertical split. I would get beat by a mentally challenged chimp on Meth with a strong arm and lazy eye if I had to play that way.