xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Super Bounce  (Read 194 times)

Anikan

• Archived User
Super Bounce
« on: May 01, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

Is there only one super bounce on relic, the one that is to get on top of the really tall thing?  Reason im asking because i saw someone on the thing in the very back of the base, like looking down on the teleporter.  Is there a super bounce there or did they just use grenades or some other method?

I Moose I

• Archived User
Super Bounce
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »

Nah, there lots of superjumps there. And I don't think that theres one superjump, alone, that can take you to the top of the relic. The only way I know is a complicated, triple jump.

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
Super Bounce
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »

66Nicks

• Archived User
Super Bounce
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »

Didn't want to start a new thread,

I've been trying like mad to get ANY superbounces to work.. and recently I'd heard a rumour
that they only work on US or UK versions of the game (mine is Canadian) any truth to this?
I'm fairly inclined to believe it because I've watched/read a ton of tutorials and I'm sure I'm doing it right..
but no superbounces...

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
Super Bounce
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 03:53:00 AM »

it will work for you.. its just technique.. I had the same question/problem as you too.

send me a fr and I will baby step you thru a couple of super easy ones.

Xx Replica xX  or
x Killradius x

CamdogXIII

• Archived User
Super Bounce
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(66Nicks @ Jul 19 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

Didn't want to start a new thread,

I've been trying like mad to get ANY superbounces to work.. and recently I'd heard a rumour
that they only work on US or UK versions of the game (mine is Canadian) any truth to this?
I'm fairly inclined to believe it because I've watched/read a ton of tutorials and I'm sure I'm doing it right..
but no superbounces...

the super bounces only work on xboxes that run at a specific refresh rate, 60 or 50 can't remember, whatever NTSC runs at.

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
Super Bounce
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »

lol camdog that invade canada link in your sig is hilarious..

"There will be four teams (Quite possibly Little League Teams if they don't already have a game scheduled that weekend) that will move into Canada"

flood_killer

• Archived User
Super Bounce
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

there's a uk and canadian version? huh. i had no idea

66Nicks

• Archived User
Super Bounce
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 03:24:00 AM »

well i didn't know there were diff versions of the disc either.. I assume if you buy it in canada its a canadian version of the disc though. Have no idea if it really is any different than the u.s version.

What I was thinking though is halo 2 had a ton of glitches that were "Fixed" by XBlive patches/updates like the increased melee attack etc. I was thinking that maybe those patches were why i can't superbounce but then I see ppl on live doing it all the time so it can't be that.

I appreciate the Friend request offer to help but I'm not currently using Live.. I accidentally left my modchip on when I was playing halo 2 and got my xbox banned.. don't feel like getting a new hard drive/eeprom.(shitty thing is I wasn't even cheating or anything)
So I'm just using XBconnect/Xlink Kai mostly.  My roomate has live still so thats where I see the superbouncers.

"The super bounces only work on xboxes that run at a specific refresh rate, 60 or 50 can't remember, whatever NTSC runs at."
My box is NTSC (60 hertz btw) I've watched tutorial videos over and over and I'm sure I'm doing it exactly right.. still doesn't work.
Someone somewhere mentioned that there are two version of the default.xbe file halo 2 uses.. V1.1 and V 1.2 depending on when you bought the game.. apparently that might be the reason I can't superbounce.. I have to try and find a copy of that .xbe file

CJLee89

• Archived User
Super Bounce
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

the only way i know of getting on top of those two towers on relic is getting one of those tall shields over there. having an OS and rockets, stand where the shield makes a "T" (the thing that helps it stand up) and aim the rocket so it will hit the tip-top of the shield. fire and u should go flying into the air. move the joystick so u land on top of the towers.