xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Why Do I Keep Getting Booted?  (Read 401 times)

yaazz

• Archived User
Why Do I Keep Getting Booted?
« on: February 14, 2006, 12:34:00 AM »

Hey everyone, I used to play quite a bit of halo 2, and lately have gotten back into the game.

I had to download a bunch of update and stuff, and now when I play the game I get booted all the time, without killing any team mates!

What The Heck is wrong with my game??

ps: no I dont cheat

Maertz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »

i think its a glitch this has happened to me a few times also i dont know if there gonna fix it or not.

Denial Revisited

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »

It's no glitch...what happens is your getting matched up with bridgers that run software on there computer that displays the games players I.P..then they (the bridgers) block your I.P just as if your were getting booted..which displays the "Were sorry" prompt.

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 03:53:00 PM »

but why does it say i have been booted then?

GLiTcH

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

I've been kicked out of games where my team its winning... when i check on my friends they're still playing the game.. sometimes i'm in the game but everyone seems to have quit then it says game over takes you to the stats page.

Maertz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Denial Revisited @ Feb 17 2006, 09:39 AM) *

It's no glitch...what happens is your getting matched up with bridgers that run software on there computer that displays the games players I.P..then they (the bridgers) block your I.P just as if your were getting booted..which displays the "Were sorry" prompt.

thats completely incorrect if there bridging ull never get matched with them. it will just continue searching for someone that can match.

you could just be lagging out, also sometimes when standbying it will split the party in two, or sometimes the standbyer will lag out and possibly bring someone with.

but im pretty sure in your situation its like u betrayed someone and they boot u even when u didnt. its a glitch that i doubt they can fix.

This post has been edited by Maertz: Feb 18 2006, 07:06 PM

awal

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Maertz @ Feb 18 2006, 11:34 AM) View Post

thats completely incorrect if there bridging ull never get matched with them. it will just continue searching for someone that can match.

Not true, they can wait untill you are in the game, then lag out all or only some of your team. This way if you suck they could just beat you legitly.

Ive had it before where the whole game split. It was 3v3 and one of my teamate lagged out and two of their team did too. That left me and my brother and one from their team. After it was over, we found out that the other three still played each other.

Maertz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

they can wait until in the game and boot u not lag u out (it appears like lag as ur connection is blocked) but it will not say u were booted so once again its a glitch where the betrayal boot screen comes up and they boot u.

btw i seen your sig do or did u used to wrestle? if so what wait. just curious cuz i been to nationals back when kansas hosted them.

This post has been edited by Maertz: Feb 19 2006, 01:06 AM

sQuIsHyFaCe

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 01:01:00 AM »

this happens to me a lot. whats happening is  you accidentaly shoot your teammate even 1 time with a magnum, smg,etc and their shields go down. then someone kills them when their still hurt from your shot. Thats how youre getting booted

This post has been edited by sQuIsHyFaCe: Feb 19 2006, 09:01 AM

Maertz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »

exactly a glitch, although he explained it alot better. smile.gif

awal

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »

I did wrestle, but the season is over now (atleast for me). You wouldnt know me though, Im not very good.
I wrestled at 189 though.