xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Melee  (Read 504 times)

Xboxplaya978

• Archived User
Melee
« on: February 06, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

What is a melee attack?  Also, do you think its cheating to put in a crouch switch?  Do you think its cheating if you look at another persons screen in multiplayer?  I did screen look but I dont anymore and my brother gets really pissed if I see him moving across the board and I kill him with a sniper rifle(he always says Im screen looking now).

taikwondoejoe

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

Melee is when you hit them with your weapon.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

and yes, the screen look is cheating... croutch switch, not so much as most people who are any good can play without radar so it doesnt matter anyway...

Xboxplaya978

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »

How do I install the switch?  I cant find the tut anywhere.   The search feature really went downhill.

EDIT: I found it, here is a link  Crouch Mod

This post has been edited by Xboxplaya978: Feb 7 2006, 02:15 AM

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »

I dont think screen watching is cheating if you both can do it.. I mean, how can u not?? I could never help it back in the halo1 days..

as for the melee.. try to master the button combo referred to as 'bxb' push b to melee, imediatly after making contact press x to canel the animation, then push b again to melee again quickly.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

screen look is cheating just as glasswalls is... you arent supposed to easily know where your opponent is at all times...

CattyKid

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Feb 6 2006, 09:47 PM) View Post

screen look is cheating just as glasswalls is... you arent supposed to easily know where your opponent is at all times...

Glass walls??
Anyway, although I try not to, it's so damn hard.  When you're used to playing fullscreen by yourself, you tend to take in everything.

Xboxplaya978

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »

I havnt played full screen in a while so I am used to split. Some times you can tell if someone is aiming at you if they have a sniper rifle or something.  If I make any sudden turn arounds or jumps while being aimed at they yell at me.  I try not to but once in a while I do catch a glimpse.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »

glass walls were a mod peope used on xbc with halo... itd give walls/objects/anything you cant be seen behind a transparant shade... some people would also make opponents show as needler bolts or something similar to contrast more with the background...

Maertz

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »

i tihnk screen watching is cheating i mean a good player usually knows where they are anyways. as for a croutch switch not really benficial but adding buttons to do more is moddifying the game to your benefit (such as adding the other br buttons) just get good on your own. also crouching is more than just walking around undetected its how you avoid danger as grendaes,it also helps if your in a br duel and you croutch when hes shooting you. also jumping and crouching can help you get out of a ad situation when being sniped at until you cna get cover.

This post has been edited by Maertz: Feb 7 2006, 04:27 PM

gcskate27

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »

but you wouldnt use a croutch switch in those situations would you?

Xboxplaya978

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

Sometimes I find a spot out of sight and sit there with a sniper rifle.  If I crouch people cant see me as good so that takes away from the extra button holding down.  I didnt think of it too much, but I was playing vice city real quick and the switch is useless in probably most other games.  For vice city its the car horn.

Maertz

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Feb 7 2006, 03:13 PM) *

but you wouldnt use a croutch switch in those situations would you?

no id play fair and use the left thumbstick click and own.

CattyKid

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Maertz @ Feb 7 2006, 10:11 PM) View Post

no id play fair and use the left thumbstick click and own.

Well, I don't think it's "unfair."  Anyone can do it, it isn't illegal code or anything, even the average player can do it if they invest the time or anything.
Not that I think it's necessary or anything.

Maertz

• Archived User
Melee
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »

i agree with you i dont see it that benficial with a crouch button but you could manipulate it to your advanatge if you tried.
Pages: [1] 2