xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What Do You Do When You Play Against A Cheater On Xbl ?  (Read 584 times)

EYOB

• Archived User
What Do You Do When You Play Against A Cheater On Xbl ?
« on: February 03, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »

Do you quit, continue to play, or maybe even return the favor ??

I do all 3, mainly in that order.

Sometimes I try to standby the standby-ers, so I can lag them out, but that rarely works.  I love playing modded maps, but only for private games, I hate it when ppl cheat on XBL.

http://www.bungie.ne...spx?player=EY0B

taikwondoejoe

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »

I usually report them and keep playing.  I dont like to quit, and have never used a modded map or anything of that sort.

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »

I just sit there, press start, go the the players list and constantly send a friend request to the cheater, then cancel, over and over and over again..

with the small hope that at least they might get annoyed by that msg popping up in the bottom corner over and over again. sometimes i can convince everyone to do it at the same time. tongue.gif

EYOB

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

At first, I tought you meant you were sending feedback on them, but I get it.  It might annoy them, but I doubt it will make em quit.

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »

lol yea i dont expect them to quit.. its just so annoying getting modded that perhaps its one way to annoy them back.

guitarfrk

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

i just bridge host  (not bridge opponants out...just make sure that i get host) so 1) most mods wont work if your not host...and 2) if they some how mod me or standby..GOODBYE..i return the favor and bridge them out

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »

can you bridge yourself host?? or only another player on your team?

it was my understanding you get banned for that anyway.

thats kind of also unfair as your team will always have host which we all know is a big advantage in itsself.

guitarfrk

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »

can you bridge yourself host?? or only another player on your team?

it was my understanding you get banned for that anyway.

thats kind of also unfair as your team will always have host which we all know is a big advantage in itsself.

1) you can bridge yourself host..but i was unclear...i give the host to our worst player

2) no..they have no way of knowing if your bridging host..bc its dealing with firewalls and they just cant really prove your cheating\

3) as said..it goes to worst player and besides..lets weigh the options ....  get small advantage of host......or get the s*#! modded out of u

however i see your position ..as i do hate cheaters and strongly disagree with cheating

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

hmm.. I think then if the same person is bridged host over and over again then they will be banned.. at least thats what happened to a friend of mine.

yea cheating sucks man its a fact. I've got an old xbox so i just listen to make sure i play an old map when i really care if im gonna be modded or not. Seems to help quite a bit.

At least its better than the old standby days..

guitarfrk

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »

yah i hear ya on the standbying....im jus glad they somewhat fixed it..

and btw ive been giving my friends host for months now and not a single ban..was ur friend maybe bridging people out of games..bc u can get suspended for that

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

not that I know of no.. it was only a temporary ban as well he said..

anyways as long as you dont abuse it I suppose its not all bad, but does your worst player suck tho? or is he slightly not as good as you? haha

I love when i get host..

guitarfrk

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 06:59:00 PM »

lol lets just say the host evens it out...

and yah if it was a temp ban that usually means he got suspended bc of bad feedback..not necessarily caught cheating

Maertz

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »

bridging equal cheating
modding equal cheating

by brigding to stop modding your only sinking to there level. you should only feel good about winning games that are played completely fair. by bridging you can boot people from the game and all sorts of cheats u dont get host ecause someone has a faster connection therefore you can cause the game to lag for everyone except you. also bridgin you cant match other bridges so it ruins matchmaking.you dont get modder that much unless you get to the 35 range. so by bridging your cheating if you dont get a modder wich you usually dont.

This post has been edited by Maertz: Feb 7 2006, 04:33 PM

guitarfrk

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

1) i do play with 35's and above

2) as stated .. i dont boot people unless they mod...and even then..i just boot the modder/ standbyer, not the whole team

3) trust me, the guy who gets host is on a good connection (t3) and lets say he cant really do much more bc he has host..

by brigding to stop modding your only sinking to there level. you should only feel good about winning games that are played completely fair.

i completey agree with the latter and thats all im doin this for..so i can get a fair game..not to "stoop down to their level"

also bridgin you cant match other bridges so it ruins matchmaking

no, MODDING ruins matchmaking..not forcing host

if you dont get a modder wich you usually dont.

trust me...i guarentee you that at least a good 45% of the games we get..ppl try to mod..but bc we forced host..they cant mod (note: you can still tell if they try to mod, not to mention they normally challenge you to a modded custom afterwards)

Maertz

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

the only reason you get modded 45% is cuz u play people 35s and above. once there live pretty much sucks.
even though u prolly got your 35 bridging.

so you think bungie would say bridging is fair? ur an idiot.

next your games arent fair if your bridging and everyone else is playing normal. your manipulating connection while everyone is playing fair, hence your the cheater, giving yourself an advantage.

and you cant say people bridging dont ruin live? what if everyone bridged? no one would get matched, live ruined.

i just wanna play a 2v2 against you to prove you retarted.(it wuuld make me feel better.)
Pages: [1] 2 3