xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Update Failed ...  (Read 143 times)

Areohbe

• Archived User
Update Failed ...
« on: September 29, 2005, 06:57:00 AM »

I have the mappack disk, retail from store. I put it in and go to "update", the red bar starts filling up and then a message "UPDATE FAILED   PRESS A" pops up...I tried again and again...is there a reason for this ??

esc1

• Archived User
Update Failed ...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »

Does your drive ever have problems reading discs?  Any finger prints on the disc?  Is the disc ntsc, although I'm not sure if that would matter.

LinkWarrior

• Archived User
Update Failed ...
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »

I think this is the third tread of it's kind.

Make sure you some disk space on your hard drive. You can check by going into a game (this doesn't work on some), go into the save game screen, and make sure it says "50,000+ Blocks."
Make sure there are no big ugly scratches on the disk.
Make sure it's in the same language as your copy of Halo 2.

This post has been edited by LinkWarrior: Sep 29 2005, 08:20 PM

Areohbe

• Archived User
Update Failed ...
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »

plenty of room...same language...brand new disk...succesfully upgrade 4 other boxes with same game disk and same update disk...just not this box...???

CamdogXIII

• Archived User
Update Failed ...
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »

delete all your halo 2 save files, by going into the save manager and then going to halo 2 then hitting left and hit delete, that should get rid of all the halo 2 stuff, the try it again.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Update Failed ...
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 03:28:00 AM »

Have you had problems in the past with your dvd drive not reading discs, or dirty disc errors?

If that is the case, you probably have a Thomson dvd drive in your xbox (if your xbox is an older model); major piece of shit.  Good luck on trying to get it to work; should work 1 in 1000 tries.  My advice is get a new dvd drive; replaced mine with a samsung and have never had a problems since.

This post has been edited by Foe-hammer: Oct 5 2005, 10:31 AM

Mc Sicko

• Archived User
Update Failed ...
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 07:53:00 AM »

now why would you buy the map pack when all the halo 2 maps are free under content download. they were free on August 30 so u just wasted money no offence.

br0w

• Archived User
Update Failed ...
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mc Sicko @ Oct 10 2005, 03:28 PM)
now why would you buy the map pack when all the halo 2 maps are free under content download. they were free on August 30 so u just wasted money no offence.

maybe he doesnt have live? maybe he bought one for lans so when people come that dont have live they can get the maps.

MrBones

• Archived User
Update Failed ...
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

You don't have to delete anything.  I had the same problem on one of my boxes.  All I did was load up my game, played for a minute, and tried again.  It worked fine.