xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can Someone Explain?  (Read 146 times)

orko007

• Archived User
Can Someone Explain?
« on: September 12, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »

So this has happened to me a few times in the past week or so of playing TS in matchmaking. I usualy hover around low to mid 20's nothing special. But I have played in several games where all the people on my team are in the 20's and the other team we get 24, 22, 22, 1 and the guy who is a 1 just owns everyone. Afterwards i check his id from the recent players list and  he's like a 39. WTF is up with that? is this just someone who leveled down to a one in TS or is it some kind of hack to help other players level up?

DCOtter

• Archived User
Can Someone Explain?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »

Maybe he is a 39 on something else such as Rumble Pit or Double Team and doesnt play slayer

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
Can Someone Explain?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »

Yeah its not that hard.  I'm a 31 in TS, and when people look at my name that is the number they see.  But if i go into a Head to Head game i am only a 1 because i have never played that playlist before.  The number you saw was his highest rank in his best playlist type.

DCOtter

• Archived User
Can Someone Explain?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 04:39:00 AM »

However it is very rare you see a level 39 in rumble pit unless they mod

orko007

• Archived User
Can Someone Explain?
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 07:20:00 AM »

Anything is possible I guess, i just thought i was kind of odd tht he was a 1 in TS and a 39 in something else since most peoples highest rank is in TS. I guess i was just wondering if there was some kind of hack out there he could have been using, guess not.

fezzman

• Archived User
Can Someone Explain?
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

I've got somebody on my friend list who's highest level is something like an 18 or 19.  However, it shows as a 1 next to his name.  The last game he played was in a playlist that he was a 1 in.  for some reason his rank stuck like that...he's not played Halo since then so it has stayed that way.

pingrr

• Archived User
Can Someone Explain?
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »

I'm not sure why but somtimes it will show a rank that is lower than someones highest rank.  I think it probably shows the rank of the last game someone played if they are not signed in.  But that is just my guess.

DCOtter

• Archived User
Can Someone Explain?
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 04:37:00 AM »

My highest lvl is in Skirmish