xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Stupid "network Error"  (Read 118 times)

fezzman

• Archived User
Stupid "network Error"
« on: September 01, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »

Recently I started having problems connecting to games with people in my clan.  I've even had a few of them get added to my friend list and still can't connect with them...doesn't matter who sets up the game.

While this error is nothing new, per say, it is new to happening with me.  Can something suddenly happen that makes my xbox/router/etc. more likely to encounter this error.

I've got a pretty healthy cable connection.

Anyways, from what I understand, there is nothing that can be done to fix this.  I guess I am basically just venting.  :grr:

esc1

• Archived User
Stupid "network Error"
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »

You can try changing your router or isp if possible.  I used to get the prob a lot on shitty cable back at college.

DCOtter

• Archived User
Stupid "network Error"
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 07:23:00 AM »

Actually the problem is to do with your NAT Settings apparently if you change them to low you can play with anyone however im not particually sure it eplains it on xbox.xom

fezzman

• Archived User
Stupid "network Error"
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »

Yeah, I've already read up on xbox.com about NAT.  I was not aware that this is something that can actually be changed.  I guess I need to dig out my router book and do some reading.  I ran the little test and I have a NAT of 3...which is the worst one to have.  I've never had problems before so something must have changed it to 3.  In fact, when I bought this router it said that it was xbox friendly right on the box.  I've been using this same router for over a year now.

DCOtter

• Archived User
Stupid "network Error"
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 04:37:00 AM »

I think its something to do with BT Help heck I dunno I have the same problem

kizaaa

• Archived User
Stupid "network Error"
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

hi i have the same problem what if  i was to change my NAT settings to a different setting would it mean a worse security setting ?

DCOtter

• Archived User
Stupid "network Error"
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 07:18:00 AM »

Probably