xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Halo 1 Or 2?  (Read 375 times)

MWTBDLTR

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »

I really think it depends on what the person likes.  Play with yourself go for Halo.  If you like team play, Halo 2.  But i think most everyone can agree the first one was much better if you dont take the multiplayer into account.  I like the first halo myself but then agian im on dial up, but if i had high speed, XBL, and a good computer, i would probiably play the first one online more.

poogles

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 07:01:00 AM »

I think the major problem is that die-hard Halo 1 fans expected Halo 2 to be a similar experience just with added weapons, maps and an updated graphics engine.

However, this isn't the case. There are similarities between the two but Halo 2 was made to be more accessible to the general public. ItÂ’s the game that made/makes xbl. It has to be user friendly and it has to appeal to the mass market. Therefore the learning curve is dumbed down and inevitably (and yes, sadly) the skill-level gap between casual gamers and professionals is shortened.

I love halo 2 but like all games it has its faults. But comparatively speaking it's only on its second release - compare this to the fifa series which has had almost ten years to refine itself - and that is still laughably shite. Ok, different genre, but give the game some credit.

If you want a laugh play unranked games or some home made creations. (People are generally less uptight and more fun when stats aren't invovled) If you want a Halo 1 experience apply some of the obvious settings (no radar, change default weapons etc.) Either that or play Halo 1.

P3ST4

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »

Halo 1 = Individual skill
Halo 2 = Team skill

p345t but you sound like your addicted to MatchMaking. Rank really isnt that important. Just do customs with mlg settings and stay away from MM.

Also if you like halo 1 so much... why stop playing it? Especially if your so pro grade you should have plenty of boys wanting to lan h1.

i do customs once and a while....ppl play matchmaking..they dont wanna spend all day doing customs......and about playing halo 1...i WOULD play on XBC or XLK, but my computer suks hardcore and its too slow to run either...i have a fast connection though....there is no halo 1 LAN parties around here anymore...mainly halo 2....i dont waste my time arguing with the 8 year olds over XBL....i just get pissed off...and lots of them are older

P3ST4

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »

when you make a sequal to a game, you dont change the way its played.....you improve on things than need to be improved...look at splinter cell.....gameplay hasnt changed one bit since the original...graphics improved, new weapons, new missions, blah blah blah....get my point?

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2005, 10:32:00 AM »

They are both crap games, neither of them was anything of revolutionary in the First Person Shooter world. Overhyped and made out to be something they are not, just like the Gran Turismo games. I had more fun with Descent than Halo. At least when it came out they offered a new style of game, the first FULLY 3d FPS game engine. Halo had, wow I can get into a vehicle and drive............blah, C&C Renegade let you do that. Graphics mean so much in the FPS world let me tell you, as if your standing still long enogh to notice, if you are go get help.

Sorry but HALO is crap and always will be. Outdated game engine just like DOOM3. All GFX and no true interaction to your surrounding enviroments.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(P3ST4 @ Apr 20 2005, 06:09 AM)
i do customs once and a while....ppl play matchmaking..they dont wanna spend all day doing customs......and about playing halo 1...i WOULD play on XBC or XLK, but my computer suks hardcore and its too slow to run either...i have a fast connection though....there is no halo 1 LAN parties around here anymore...mainly halo 2....i dont waste my time arguing with the 8 year olds over XBL....i just get pissed off...and lots of them are older

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(I Want More CowBell @ Apr 20 2005, 11:43 AM)
crap games...i guess some people can have there on opinion but i never heard anyone refer to halo as a crap game...im sorry halo isn't no dungeons and dragons

gcskate27

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Apr 20 2005, 09:57 AM)
Most PC gamers are the ones that call it crap, I know plenty of them as I am one. The game engine is outdated. I could play an 8 year old first person shooter online for FREE(no xbox live bullshit) on the computer and download mods to have more games. Hell, my best friend and I used to play Duke 3D over the modem(not online) when we were young, ahhh those were the days.  beerchug.gif

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

I Want More CowBell

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »

i bet he doesnt even have 5

gcskate27

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »

Since I was using a PC game at that time to compare to other PC games then how can I not compare them?

you can compare halopc to other pc games, with the stipulation that it was originally intended for a console (and yes i know about its very early stages being for comps)... but you can only judge haloce and halo2 against other console fps'... anything else is not a true comparison as they are made for different things...

gcskate27

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »

would you rather no team chat? or no talking to opponents, thats the only two options of having no button chatting...

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Apr 20 2005, 04:57 PM)
Most PC gamers are the ones that call it crap, I know plenty of them as I am one. The game engine is outdated. I could play an 8 year old first person shooter online for FREE(no xbox live bullshit) on the computer and download mods to have more games. Hell, my best friend and I used to play Duke 3D over the modem(not online) when we were young, ahhh those were the days.  beerchug.gif

P3ST4

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »

so youre this super awesome halo player yet you cant play online and nobody around you plays... yeah, that adds up...

lol...wow...i barely ever play halo 1 anymore...once and a while ill get LAN parties goin...but thats about it.....my friends used to play ALL THE TIME on a LAN, or i went to my friend marcus' to play on XBC...and i am a super awesome halo player by the way....when i get my new comp and XBC, ill hafta show you  ph34r.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
Halo 1 Or 2?
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »

wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7