xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Halo 2 Players Pissed At Dlc Fees  (Read 801 times)

Blackcat

• Archived User
Halo 2 Players Pissed At Dlc Fees
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »

But nobody else charges for content on Xbox Live...

Actually, almost everyone charges for downloadable content on Xbox Live. Some of that content later becomes free. That's where our plan falls into line. The simple fact is that it costs us money to make the content - resources, staff, snacks, even rent. This is not designed as a massive profiteering exercise, rather it's simply a way to get our maps in the hands of everyone, recoup the costs and justify the production of a significant project. At the end of the Summer, all of the content will be free for everyone to enjoy, and that's what matters most to us.

Games with free Downloadable content:

Amped 2, Armed and Dangerous, Brute Force, Conflict: Desert Storm 2, Counter Strike, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, Ghost Recon: Island Thunder, Knights of the Temple, MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf, Midtown Madness 3, MX Superfly, NBA Inside Drive 2004, NHL Rivals 2004, Ninja Gaiden, Outlaw Volleyball, Rallisport Challenge 2, Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War, Secret Weapons Over Normandy, Sega GT Online, Soldier of Fortune II, Splinter Cell, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, S.W.A.T.: Global Strike Team, Toejam and Earl 3: Mission to Earth, Ghost Recon 2, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, Vietcong: Purple Haze.

Games with both free and premium content:

Links 2004, MechAssault, Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow.

Games with Premium content only:

Dancing Stage Unleashed, Phantasy Star Online: Episodes I and II(Paid for with Hunter's License), Project Gotham Racing 2, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.

Total games with free DLC - 29

Total games with free and premium - 3

Total games with premium only - 4

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »

M$ has some brilliant marketing strategists. Within one years time look at what you'll have to pay to keep up with the Halo trend.

$50.00   Halo 2
$50.00   XBL Subscription
$20.00   X-Pack

$400.00  Xbox 2    
$50.00    Halo 2.5  
$50.00    XBL Renewal

Close to $650.00 within one year. Man, no wonder M$ has billions.

Every Halo player is gonna want Xbox 2 ASAP if Halo 2.5 is released at the same time.

I wonder if there's gonna be a Halo Mastercard coming out?

chittnp

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 12:42:00 AM »

not to mention that I'll probably have to buy the DLC maps again when I get an Xbox next and halo 2.5

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2005, 06:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(nagmine @ Mar 27 2005, 01:54 AM)
maybe this is all a big plan to get little kids off halo2 ... bungie knows they annoy us really bad.

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2005, 08:40:00 AM »

laugh.gif

Face it.  Master chief is the Mario of the early 80's.  Its the driving point behind the console.  You could have seen this coming.  

The thing I can say I'm pissed about the most is the amount of time it has taken for everything to fall into place.  You can see they are clearly stretching this out until the release of the next Xbox.

I just got back from spring break and whats in this thread is about as much as I know about all of this, besides the few screen shots I have seen of the maps.  THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME.  I see nothing epic about this, like Bungie was toting.

MaxMuscleWear

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2005, 09:10:00 AM »

Esc 1 is right about halo  being the mario of this time. Just plan on seeing Halo for a long time. I just want to see how theyre going ot develop the story in order to release more titles.

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Mar 26 2005, 10:24 PM)
You guys should be ticked M$ is chagrin even more money for a totally inflated game. How dare they re-organize existing code, then slap a $20.00 price tag on it to get more money for little effort. And don’t go blowing smoke up my ass with “these maps will be free come summer.” Anyone saying that must be a M$ droid. Do you think a dedicated Halo player is going to sit by three months, watching everyone play the new maps, and wait for them to be free? Hell no! M$ knows this, but they state they’ll be free so one can bitch that the original issues cost money.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(h34d5h0tz @ Mar 27 2005, 03:33 PM)
do u seriously think it cost bungie nothing 2 develop these 9 new maps? how many maps does halo2 have alrdy? 12? plus these 9. 21 total maps. how many other games have 21 maps.

CamdogXIII

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

Theres no other game on the market that sets a realm of competeive skill as Halo.

yep standby is a challange isn't it? but anyway why should the maps be free? it costs money to run the XBL servers, it costs money to develop maps, cheat fixes and everything else, they deserve payment for what they make. believe it or not MS is a normal company, they want money for what they make.

Blackcat

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(CamdogXIII @ Mar 27 2005, 10:36 PM)
yep standby is a challange isn't it? but anyway why should the maps be free? it costs money to run the XBL servers, it costs money to develop maps, cheat fixes and everything else, they deserve payment for what they make. believe it or not MS is a normal company, they want money for what they make.

Statecowboy

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »

Fellas,

It's a business!  I agree that it's a week move to make us pay for DLC, but think about it!  Supply and demand.  Look at the demand for these maps!  I'm sorry, I would charge too...it's only $20 for 9 new maps, there aren't that many people who are going to boycott and wait til it's free.  I don't think you are selling out or being spoon fed by MS if you pay for them, you are just paying for something you want.  It's like saying that the next Pearl Jam or (insert band) album should be free cause you're a devoted fan.  BIG DEAL...$20!  Why are they obligated to give us free stuff?  We can all sit around and piss and moan, or we can support the developers and M$ and hope they keep cranking out awesome shit for us to pay and play with.

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »

Flame On!!!

Screw any and everybody that is saying get a job 20 dollars isn't a big deal yap yap yap we're paying so others without xbl can have these maps too, (boy your pretty ignorant and gulible ... and with that said you all will most likely be the ones that purchase Madden now that there isn't any other competition from other developers at whatever price EA would like to rape you with.

I thought the whole reason for xbl was for online gaming and the download content that come with that.

If someone doesn't have xbl let them pay for the cd's.

I have put my 53.00 for Halo (which sucked)
I have put my 85 for live
I have put my 189.74 for my xbox

Live content should be free (I can't recall them having any other download content for any other game for sale on cd "so the people without live can get it"

It never was about being able to afford 20 for the content

and most of you assholes are fucking brainwashed and the reason why shit is unafordable or out of hand ... willing to roll over and take whatever comes your way.

Fuck that .. I will grab the free dl shit and copy a buddies cd when he decides to buy it.

When I go into business for myself selling whatever bullshit... I will market it to most of you all because I see you are willing to pay for anything at any price No questions asked... dumbass's!!!!

Hats off to everyone else who knows this is not fair and feels we contributed to helping m$ millions already and a little customer appreciation would be nice.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(h34d5h0tz @ Mar 27 2005, 02:33 PM)
remember anthrax wus talkin about LOGIC?

why does everyone confuse me with anthrax?  wink.gif

*wait, its just headshotz... i'm me buddy...  wink.gif

Statecowboy

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

I hear China is still into communism, why don't you move there while us "brainwashed" people pay for what we want to and support capatalism.  Pirate.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Statecowboy @ Mar 27 2005, 06:58 PM)
I hear China is still into communism, why don't you move there while us "brainwashed" people pay for what we want to and support capatalism.  Pirate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8