xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Network-cable Causing Lockups In Games Etc..  (Read 53 times)

Darth MToffy

• Archived User
Network-cable Causing Lockups In Games Etc..
« on: January 30, 2003, 04:03:00 PM »

I have this weird problem and I have heard other people has the same problem as me, but i havent found any solution to this problem:

Whenever i try to play a game or use a program(i.e xbmp) AND the network-cable is connected the xbox locks up at random points/times...
But strangely when i disconnect the cable everything works fine :uhh:

Does anyone know a way to fix this, or is this something that I just have to live with? Its getting really frustrating disconnecting/connecting the cable everytime I wanna use my xbox :(

pilotz69

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 04:49:00 PM »

What version of XBMP? And your xbox is getting good ventilation right? Also version of bios?

This post has been edited by pilotz69: Jan 31 2003, 12:50 AM

Darth MToffy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 05:16:00 PM »

Im using the latest cvs-build of xbmp and the box is well ventilated. Using the latest evox-bios(EvoX D.6 EjectFix).

Im pretty sure this isnt a heat issue since the box is 100% stable when the network-cable is disconnected! I can play for hours, and if i reboot and insert the cable every program or game will freeze within 10mins:-(

I have replaced the original hdd with a samsung 120gig 5400rpm drive! But the same problems were present with the original hdd also!

Darth MToffy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 08:57:00 AM »

Please help me someone!!! This is really annoying:-(

Scimmia

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 10:54:00 AM »

This was an issue with an old version of the EvoX dash. upgrade to 1.8.3285 if you haven't already.

entertheduck

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2003, 05:11:00 PM »

Well if it was an old issue then it is now a new issue. I have the 4794 x2 bios and evox 1.8.3285. The system runs fine without the network cable but runs into problems with the network cable installed.  Lockups can usually be guaranteed when doing an igr ( x2 igr not evox igr ); otherwise the system runs great.

Note 120G Maxtor 7200 locked drive.