xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anyone Else Disappointed... (Spoilers)  (Read 351 times)

yaazz

• Archived User
Anyone Else Disappointed... (Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2004, 07:11:00 AM »

tongue.gif
Best game ever

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »

noone here should  even doubt that there will not be a halo 3, this game was cut short to make money...
why sell you the whole thing for one price when they can cut the story up and sell it for more...
and wait till the halo 3 demo comes out and the hype starts again!
its marketing...

powercntrl

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »

dry.gif   Still, it was fun to play and I have no regrets about buying it.  I think a lot of people bought too heavily into the hype and wouldn't be pleased unless Cortana jumped off the screen and gave them a blowjob.   wink.gif

BlackRanger3d

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »

It still amazes me how video game magazines can give reviews that so different then the feeling of the general market.

H2 was got 9.9 and 10.

This is not a 10 game. More like a high 7 or low 8.

Oh well everyone has got an opinin.

RustAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2004, 02:38:00 PM »

why dont you guys bitch and complain some more, about a game the PUBLIC over hyped again and again

stuff always has to be let out, its the way things work

and the ending is bungies way of showing of a halo 3 to come, which could be very soon

This has nothing to do with hype, I worked at freakin EB for 5 years, I'm immune to hype - when you work anywhere in the gaming industry you learn to ignore everything you read because of the apocalyptic quantity of BS that gets printed about every new game that comes out. I judged this game based on my own experience from the first Halo, and the things I thought Bungie would be able to achieve with that as a base, 3 years of time to develop, and the level of talent I believed they had in their staff. I mean they didn't even include such a basic feature as automatic map rotation in MP, Unreal Tournament has had that for how many years now?? FFS, this is just lazy shite, hype or no hype, if this game was released on its own the reviewers and the gaming community would have torn it apart. Just because it's called Halo 2, all of a sudden it's the best game in the world. I'm gonna go tie a rock to a stick and call it Halo 3...I should be a millionaire by the middle of next week.
And the ending is not "Bungie's Way", I'm so sick of people referring to them like they're some sort of mysterious deity that will reveal its mighty intelligence later on and that the amazing complexity of Halo 2 is somehow not meant to be understood by us lesser mortals. The ending SUCKS BALLS, plain and simple - it wasn't mysterious, it was just like they ran out of money, time and care and just thought "Yeeeah, that's good enough, just end it there...we're gonna make millions no matter how shitty this is, so why bother?"
I mean, it wasn't even a cliffhanger...cliffhangers are well-written and leave you wanting more...this was like picking up the hottest girl in the world in a bar, driving her home for 3 years and then finally discovering in the middle of having sex with her that she's actually not a girl at all, but a giant rotting artichoke monster. Then she vomits red-hot nails into your face, dies, and explodes, covering you in rotten mushy artichoke slime which will never wash off, NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU SCRUB.

And powercntrl...

I think a lot of people bought too heavily into the hype and wouldn't be pleased unless Cortana jumped off the screen and gave them a blowjob

The only thing Cortana is getting from me is a DONKEY PUNCH  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

RustAngel

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »

It still amazes me how video game magazines can give reviews that so different then the feeling of the general market

Hate to break it to you, but you few people in this thread are not the general market.

mrmat2000us

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »

To be honest with you guys… I thought there was a problem in my copy!!! So this is the ending????? F*** Bungie….

pdottz

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »

i think the game was cool.
mp for me isn't as great as it was for halo1. but come on,  no one is ever going to get the same feeling from a sequel that they had from a game like halo1. that just flew out of nowhere and surprised everyone.

Halo2 was short i'll agree with that, but the story was pushed further. revealing more of the rings and why they are there. to tell the truth, i played the game for the story and wasn't disappointed except for the sudden cut off. kind of like reading a good book and then being forced to put it down to go to work or school or something important.

people have to remember, nothing will ever live up to awesome hype given to sequels. the matrix franchise comes to mind on this one.

spoils: the one thing that keeps me wondering is, how did that giant tentacle thing get ahold of the monitor and the prophet of regret. and why did 343 never mention it's existence.

ps. does anyone see the monitors as being over excited children that want to show everyone what they know. love the voices for them though. also about the voice acting, i think the arbiters voice was cool.

btw. what are the halo books called so i can read them?

RustAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (IheartHuckabees @ Nov 11 2004, 01:49 AM)
how dumb are you?

if you honestly knew bungie, youd know the ending is there way

youd know they could possibly be revealing a rampart cortana (as the books said would happen) that could possibly fuck over humans

youd know that a cliff hanger is always there style (after blowing up halo, your told its just started, which it was)

but i guess your all to dumb to realize this

just enjoy the game or shut the hell up

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. There was nothing personal in my post, you just made yourself look like a pathetic Bungie fanboy who has nothing better to do than sling abuse at people who disagree with him. Come up with some real debate, or get the fuck off the forums.

RustAngel
Pages: 1 2 [3]