xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ftp Speeds And Drives  (Read 153 times)

gmgriot

• Archived User
Ftp Speeds And Drives
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2002, 08:09:00 AM »

Using XboxFTp v.56 only get 80kb/s with cerberus ftp server?

Strange thing, pushing start "to get option menu" makes transfer faster? says 7000kb/s but really isnt that fast.

Still not as fast as total commander 5.50.

the_Watchers_eye

• Archived User
Ftp Speeds And Drives
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2002, 08:28:00 AM »

Differences in flashfxp made a differen for me.

I was using the old build 900. Upgraded to 902 and now 904 and the speed just got better. [all are version 2]

And present getting speeds of 2.5MB/s sending from pc to xbox. Using a temp cheap 40MB Seagate HD in my PC [got to order another one]

From xbox to pc I get about 9MB/s

Am happy with these speeds.

By the way I got a cheapy realtek nic card.

Muzzakus

• Archived User
Ftp Speeds And Drives
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2002, 07:29:00 PM »

It is definetly the Network + HDD.  

The HDD itself and the fatx file system is not the factor.  Rip a dvd using boxplorer to the HDD and it flies along.  So writing is spot on.  Do ftp writes to it and it's slow as crap.

I have 60 gig Maxtor 7200 rpm.

It all seem very very random.  I hope some wizes persever and can come up if not with a solution, then at least a solid reason so we can all stop tearing out hair out.

Muzzakus.

Joker-X

• Archived User
Ftp Speeds And Drives
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2002, 02:23:00 AM »

K need some help with this.  I am using flashfxp, I have windowsxp, I have a linksys 10/100mb card, evo 1.8.2182 and evox 2.6, and a wd 120gb 7200 in my xbox.  I connect to my xbox through a dlink router using two cat5 cables that are supposed to be used for high speed internet connection networking.  I seem to transfer files from my pc to my xbox fine.  Not sure of exactly speeds, but decently fast.  When I am transferring files from my xbox to my pc, however, I transfer at about 2kb a second.  Any ideas?

Joker-X

• Archived User
Ftp Speeds And Drives
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2002, 05:03:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

gainpresence

• Archived User
Ftp Speeds And Drives
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2002, 04:05:00 PM »

if i'm not mistaken (i could be), the Xbox HDD controller is UDMA/33 (33Mbps),  and the NIC is 10/100 Mbps.. 33 Mbps is 4.125 MB/s and 100 Mbps is 12.5 MB/s, so you shouldnt be doing much better than that...

Joker-X

• Archived User
Ftp Speeds And Drives
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2002, 01:52:00 AM »

biggrin.gif   I'm just happy it's not 2kb a second anymore.

inciter

• Archived User
Ftp Speeds And Drives
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2002, 08:10:00 AM »

Stock drive had high transfers, modded drive 120gb maxtor 7200 still fast speeds. DSL going to a linkSystem router then to an 8 port llinksystem switch. Two computers and the XB going into it. Get same speed to the XB with both computers.

Think someone should go over to ( dslreports ) and see if one of the tech wizards can come up with a good explanation. I guess the major problem is going to be so many users have differant setups that getting a universal answer is going to be hard

I have tweaked my settings and I get 1megabit over the internet with the dsl hookup. Mabey somewere in the tweaks lies the answer for these slow xfers some seem to have troubles with.

anyway not to over insult this board but dslreports is a very heavy tech visited site and not to head strong.

Pages: 1 2 [3]