xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PS2 Price Cut Announced, Will Microsoft Cut Next?  (Read 139 times)

spitron

• Archived User
PS2 Price Cut Announced, Will Microsoft Cut Next?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 01:13:00 PM »

Xbox 1 is now on sale for 99.99 euros in germany =)
Thats what i call a good offer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif))

Now lets wait for the 360s pricecut!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)

dohopoki

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(liv2ride @ Apr 20 2006, 01:43 PM) View Post

yea what happened to just selling the xbox itself with no gimmicks... god i'd love that hehe.. and m$ won't price drop x360.. its already well priced.. it could of been more.. but m$ decided to put it at a reasonable price and well keep it that way for a while... just think of when the xbox first came out.. cost like 700 $ .. that was an insane price.. but they should def look into pricing down the original xbox. !! biggrin.gif

huh.gif  When was the Xbox $700 ?

pholly

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

Maybe when it first came out, when it was hard to find like every other console that comes out now. Why a $20 price cut, that's nothing. It should have been $50 like every other cut they've done, the only did 20 because they know ms won't go below $149 at least not until they're done with it and are ready to kill the original xbox totally. There may be a gc drop but don't hold your breath for a xbox drop, bank on it  cool.gif

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(spitron @ Apr 20 2006, 08:44 PM) View Post

Xbox 1 is now on sale for 99.99 euros in germany =)
Thats what i call a good offer smile.gif)
That's a nice Media Center for the playback of all your movies. Sell the included game controller, buy the official remote control, add ~$/€ 10 of the money you still have left after selling the controller and buy the video pack you need. Softmod the Xbox, backup the EEPROM, put Xbox Media Center on it and plug it in the network of your home. smile.gif

MC2829

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

Funny how MS raises it's price to $160 and it forces you to get Forza.

I have not seen an original Xbox, I only see the Forza Bundle around for $160.

bdto

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »

Is MS still selling 360's in two different configurations?  I think that's going to go away... the "basic" kit will probably be dropped and the hard-drive deal will be the only one available, and probably at the lower of the two price points.

-bdto

Ace25

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 07:05:00 PM »

Well here's to hoping. After waiting 10+ hours overnight in the cold for a PS2 when it was released and then being utterly dissapointed, as well as seeing every person I know who does have a PS2 having gone through at least 2 since its release due to failing DVD drives (Most people I personally know have gone through 4 PS2s and these are non-modded!). I no longer have any faith in Sony at all. Yes, there are some really nice titles for the PS2, I won't argue that, but every piece of Sony hardware I have bought since the PS1 release has failed within 2 years. This includes VCRs, DVD players, and 5.1 Audio receiver so it's not limited to just their console hardware. My original 7501 PS1 still works perfect to this day as well as my PSOne. My mini component sony stereo bought in '88 also works flawlessly to this day. That has to say something about QC since the mid 90's at Sony.

As far as the Xbox, I have modded over 500 and have only had 3 failures (2 Motherboard and 1 DVD-Rom). I think MS has much better quality control than sony in regards to hardware. I have modded only about a dozen PS2s and every one of them has had their DVD-Rom fail and were just tossed away with the chip still installed, including 1 slimline.

I would still like to pick up a couple more Xbox's myself, and actually thought they would drop in price when the 360 was released, only to find the exact opposite happen. If/When they hit under $130 for a new one I will pick a couple up as spares. (I have 1.2TB in my Xbox and if it ever failed I would like to be able to use those 3 400GB HDs in another box, none are locked).

O9Balla

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »

^ you must have EVERY game ever released and some betas on there to need 1.2 tb on an xbox. lol. but seriously, why do you\would you need or want to spend that much money and space on that. jw

DCFluX

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

Wow, Wal-Mart already has them at $129. I might buy a slimey now that they got the bugs worked out.  Makes you wonder what it will do to the cost of used consoles. I could sure go for a $70 SCPH-50001.

Knowing MS they will change the bundle to Halo 1 and 2 and make the price $200.

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

i would only pay $50 for a ps2 and it would have to be new.  i'd pay 100 for an original xbox though just because of the extensive modding capabilities.  (i do have 2 original xboxs modded, can't hurt to have more though)
Pages: 1 [2]