xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Forza Vs Gt4  (Read 840 times)

mrright01

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

i'll prolly get both. i bought an xbox  over a ps2 b/c i could mod it, and have so far been dissapointed with it's racing "sims" - what few of them there are.

i can't wait till forza comes out, although the more i read about it, the less i like. the car list is starting to look sad IMO. later this month i'll prolly get a ps2, gt4, and wheel and pedals.

and i hate when people compare replay screenshots, because that's never how it looks while racing. i could care less how pretty the movies are, i want to see what it will look like when i'm driving in 3rd person

bigshooter13

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »

To everyone complaining about no racing wheel for Forza. This video clip on Gamespot has been posted since January 10th. It is a demo of the Speedster 3 FORCE FEEDBACK racing wheel which is being precision tuned by MS for Forza. Go to the 4th video down: Developer Interview: Donald Rottiers of Endor describes the advantages of the Speedster 3 driving wheel.

Forza Motorsport on Gamespot

Tyfrase

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

smile.gif

DaNiceOne

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »

Herd that FORZA is gonna have same/better quality of graphics like GT4 plus alot more customization and upgrades then GT4, plus GT4 has way to much cars to choose from

Tyfrase

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaNiceOne @ Mar 8 2005, 06:45 PM)
Herd that FORZA is gonna have same/better quality of graphics like GT4 plus alot more customization and upgrades then GT4, plus GT4 has way to much cars to choose from

Mr_Metabolism

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »

Why would GT4 run at 60fps when tv's only support 25-29fps?

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »

I have Gran Turismo 4 and it is totally addicting. I have tried the Forza Motersport demo and it is very nice not sure if it is a better game since it is far from release yet. I wonder why it was even pushed back in the first place? I has all the makings of a good sim racer. My money is going to be on GT4 since it has proven it self since it's first release on the playstation 1.

FoeHammer05

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

Forza

Pasta Dude

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

I think GT4 will trump Forza in graphics and drivability. GT4 drives more realisticlly thanks to the Pro Force. I think Forza will dominate in car selection (a sore spot in my GT4 heart. The inclusion of 100 Nissans kills you) and the customization is nice, but not required. I think that should be left for street racing. However, I think that if PGR were to do that and take some mechanical features into account it would probably be better the Forza. By that I mean make some street based courses to this game and you'll have a REAL winner. I must say, the street courses in GT4 are a real nice touch. Something no other game until PGR took advantage of. GT this time around has some really nice street courses and I think courses like this (maybe a San Fran course?) would be a perfect addition for Forza. Oh, Forza can also trade PARTS!! not just cars but parts. PD, I am waiting for the online version to see what you have to offer.

Final verdict:(from a diehard GT fan)
Physics: GT4
Graphics: GT4
Cars: Forza
Multiplayer: Duh, Forza
Customization: Yet to be determined, I like tinkering with gear ratios and I don't know if Forza offers that
Replay: Tough to say also. GT4's super realistic feel can make lapping 1 car around a carboard box fun.
Novelity:I'm going to reach out on a limb and say Forza. A new enviornment helps. (GT4 is familar to fans, but new still)
Features: GT, that Photomode sure is fun.
Overall: Yet to be determined, but it WILL be tough.

Tyfrase

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »

EDIT: Weird double post error, sorry.

crobar

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

ok before anyone posts on this game they should first know
its not out yet lol
pasta dude much of what you state is bs from what we have all seen and are rumored to expect from forza
forza will in fact have street courses
forza is based on a very similar engine to pgr
forza has a force feed back wheel with set up

oh and gt4...photo mode sucks balls what are you ten and entertained by flashing colors

either way
the game still isnt done
but i keep seeing sick progress int he screen shots and its looking hot

this game is causing alot of talk

Ewout_vB

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »

Well I haven't really been a fan of PS2 games, but I liked GT4 when i played it. Forza however, might not look as good as GT4, although the AA and AF might help on the xbox hardware.

The simulation of driving however, might be more realistic. Also I just found out that the demo of Forza is 1 or 2 years old, and they haven't released any RECENT screenshots of RECENT builds... So it's kind of hard to judge, however guys check this out... it's impressive!

http://www.vwdiecast...za_article.html

5 seconds faster because of the scare factor, plus ofcourse it might be off a little bit, but that's way better than GT4 no?

monaro_man_91

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2005, 04:12:00 AM »

Now Rassilon666 u need to say something nice about forza for once, your so one sided.

crobar

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

yes I have played gt4...
great graphics
same game play (for the most part) of gt3
and
oh look
photo mode!!!
oh sweet
what other game had a photo mode
ohhh I know that really shitty pokiemon snap  game

Rassilon666 you must be a ten year old to defend such a gay feature

yes I have played the game, and I don’t talk out of my ass
I’m not a poster who likes to slam something because I’m a fan boy
gt4 has its ups and downs, so will forza
but forza will from what i have seen and read crush gt4

Stop talking shit and talk sense

Doiron

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »

sad.gif

First GT4 has great graphics and so does Forza...Yes GT4 has more tracks but they don't have real physics...on the other hand forza has less car but more life like physics...to me both games are equal! It just depend of your preferences!
Me I always dreamed o0f a racing game with car modding...and real physics where temperature of the road affects how your tire will grip or how well the engine is going to run...Being a fan of most of the racing games out there I would say that forza is quite groudbreaking cause it uses cutting edge simulation that has never been seen before! And GT4 is also an amazing game with all its vehicule tracks and its features not available on Forza! I would say that any racing fan should stick with both titles! tongue.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9