xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worst Play Ever Called In Nfl History  (Read 568 times)

SigTom

• Archived User
Worst Play Ever Called In Nfl History
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »

Its not that theres a better team in the NFC, the Eagles just always choke in the playoffs. Whoever they play against, up to and including the NFC division title game, the Eagles will choke on one game and no Super Bowl for them, as usual.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

wink.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2004, 08:30:00 AM »

In the NFC there's only one team that has a good chance beat any other team in the NFL, and it's the Falcons, not the Eagles.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Dec 16 2004, 05:33 PM)
In the NFC there's only one team that has a good chance beat any other team in the NFL, and it's the Falcons, not the Eagles.

The Eagles aren't the team that look lousy every few games. I'm sorry, there's no way I'd bet on the Falcons. Having a novelty QB is nice I guess, but being capable of throwing the ball would help too.

The Falcons have won games, but a lot have been closer then they should be if they're that good. And they've lost to teams they shouldn'y have. Close games vs SF (21-19), AZ (6-3),  SD (21-20), NO (21-24) and NY (14-10). Come on, these are not victories that instill the idea that this is a great team to me. Most of these are narrow wins over mediocre or poor teams. Couple that with a loss to Detroit and being blwon out by both KC and TB and you can see my skepticism. I'm not claiming that the Eagles are the best team in the NFL. But compared to their NFC counterparts they are well above the others.

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »

You've got a point.

I think having Randy Moss throw the ball into coverage was by far, a worse play call.

You should take a shot into the end zone.  The play call itself wasn't so bad, as the QB's decision as to where and when he threw it.

As far as the Eagles go, Vick has a piss-poor completion ratio, and hasn't really impressed me.  Vick may turn into Barry Sanders, who was one of the most physically talented players to ever suit up in the NFL, and a whole lot of fun to watch.

Barry Sanders didn't win any Super Bowls, and I doubt this Falcons team will either, unless we're talking about a 3 year plan of growing in this offense.

The Falcons defense has been winning games.  Last time I checked, the Falcons offense isn't scaring too many people.

Where as Philly stomped the hell out of Green Bay, an elite team in the NFC.  Atlanta may pull the upset, but I'd have to put money on Philly.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2004, 07:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (revelashon @ Dec 17 2004, 12:55 AM)
Refering to top: How is passing the ball on 1st down a bad play call. At worst it was a bad pass. Maybe a bad adjustment on a route; perhaps a bad read by the qb. Either way they were trying to win instead of trying to not lose. There is no point in conceding a to a field goal on first down. You have to at least try and score a TD.

When you have one of the best running backs in the league, you don't need to take a chance on a wild pass.  Maybe on 3rd and long in that situation, but not 1st and 10, and you're a moron if you think otherwise.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »

You really want to risk anything on the eagles' defense?

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (enderandrew @ Dec 17 2004, 10:41 PM)
If you're playing to tie, then you're not playing to win.

The pass that was thrown was a bad call, but you HAVE to throw a shot downfield and go for the win on first down if there is more than 10 seconds on the clock.  Then on 2nd or 3rd down, you go for the field goal.

I wasn't implying they should go for the field goal, I was saying they should've kept it on the ground because they have a RB who is more than capable of getting first downs and TDs, especially that close...and why risk it with an inconsistent QB?  If you can't see that, maybe you should be watching soccer.

Spency234

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Dec 17 2004, 06:14 PM)
You really want to risk anything on the eagles' defense?

Yes

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Dec 18 2004, 09:30 PM)
Yes

Fine, if the Eagles and the Falcons play each other in the post season I'll bet you whatever you want.

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »

Nemt,

You've got a point.  If the running game is working, then I'm not against getting a first down on the ground.  It depends how many time outs you have, and how much time is on the clock.  I think most coaches just completely abandon the run once they are behind in the 4th quarter.  But you're only making life harder on yourself if the defense knows you're just going to pass.

If you run the ball, you might catch the defense off guard.
Pages: 1 [2]