xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Halo Sucks. Get Over It.  (Read 581 times)

deathx88

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2004, 05:28:00 AM »

who cares if he hates halo
i sure hes not the only one

yes, halo is a good game an excellent game but, it got real boring real fast
i would prefer playing hitman 2 over it. im more in to the games where you get modern day guns i really don't like alien guns, and your in a city,  not a spaceship

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2004, 05:28:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

I have never gotten more of my moneys worth out of a video game, then i have with halo.  I'm still playing it regularily after it's been out for almost 3 yrs.

cityson

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2004, 06:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (JBNinja99 @ May 15 2004, 11:48 AM)
they are all great games. but what is the replay value of them? i've beaten all of them...what do you do with them now? play them again?

<:-0)

Arvarden

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2004, 06:23:00 AM »

smile.gif

Imo it still  the best online fps for consoles.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2004, 06:35:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

lebriznon

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2004, 07:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (Arvarden @ May 15 2004, 07:23 AM)
I thought you could kill with 2 shots with the pistol, 1 shot for the shield another thru the visor?

it takes 3. two in the body (or wherever you find its easiest to hit) and one in the head.  under normal circumstances, they'll die.  just keep in mind you dont hold down "fire" but rather hit it for every shot.

ravage73

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »

and this topic could go on forever and ever. the point is, those games are good but, halo is the reason xbox has been succesfull.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »

dry.gif

ravage73

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ May 15 2004, 11:56 AM)
Well I have realised the fact that I tried to have a mature discussion with members on xbox-scene stupid. I don't think there is anyone here that can actually hold one  dry.gif

calling people stupid is mature? what i said about xbox's success is a fact. killswitch is good, ninja gaiden is great, manhunt is good, but halo has sold millions for a reason.

rgtaa

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2004, 09:07:00 AM »

I bought the xbox 2 times!
I first bought it and played halo and thought xbox sucks and I hate the controlls ... I was used to Mouse LOOK and keyboard for first person shooters.

Then xbox modding came out and bought the xbox again and modded ... and played halo again with smaller controller and on easy level ...and after a week learning curve ... really got into it.

Anyone coming from PC to xbox has to be open about the learning curve ... but once you learn one shooter ... you can play all of them.

Since I'm playing others with the same equipment we all suffer or enjoy the same limitations.  Nobody else is playing with mouse and keyboard ( hopefully) ... and multiplayer has so many options...

So I can understand the LOVE and Hate thing with halo ... first coming from a HATE point of view to a Respectful point of view.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (ravage73 @ May 15 2004, 05:05 PM)
calling people stupid is mature? what i said about xbox's success is a fact. killswitch is good, ninja gaiden is great, manhunt is good, but halo has sold millions for a reason.

sad.gif This actually underlines my point, pelase re-read my post, you must have read it wrong:
Well I have realised the fact that I tried to have a mature discussion with members on xbox-scene stupid. I don't think there is anyone here that can actually hold one

I was stating that the fact that i tried to have a mature discussion on this site was stupid of ME.
Will a moderator please close this thread. A lot of stupid shit is goin on that doesn't need to be said. Halo battle, verbally, is DONE.

What do you mean? I don't understand what you mean, the halo battle is done? There haven't been any true reasons as of yet that i've seen (although I may have missed some.) And I don't see any stupid shit that is going on  rolleyes.gif

muerte

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

wait... we're arguing over an OPINION.  shouldn't we just leave it at that?  an opinion?

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »

unsure.gif
But I simply want to know why people flamed him for an opinion, and what reasons they have to say in their opinion why it is so great  unsure.gif

Mattssogay

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ May 15 2004, 03:35 PM)
1. The AI isn't as good as it could be, Kill.Switch has already been mentioned in this thread before and I must say the AI in Kill.Switch is immense when compared to Halo's. I would also prefer single player Kill.Switch to Halo anyday.

2. The multiplayer, sure it is very very good but still not the best I have seen, personally I preffer the multiplayer in games like Timesplitters and Goldeneye (N64) because at least they had bots to make it very interesting.

IMO
Chillin you make some good points in your first post.

1. I also think the AI could be better but i think that has been mentioned many times before.I do however think its pretty cool that there is an immense difference when your dealing with a covenant Grunt and a covenent Elite (AI Wise).
In later levels though when you start dealing with the flood I dont think it would be possible to turn up the AI. Not that i think it cant happen just that i dont think it would work out.When your dealing with enemy AI for an exceedingly large group like that you have to be careful where you set the level of AI. For example if you have ever played the library level on Legendary things get very crazy.If you turn the AI up on those characters it would just be impossible.

2. Although I love GoldenEye and have logged many hours on it. Its just not the same after playing later generations of FPS's.

wait... we're arguing over an OPINION. shouldn't we just leave it at that? an opinion?

Yes we should just leave it at that. Some people like country music and some like rap some like both.
To Chillin and Rhohan and everyone else who doesnt really like Halo I respect your opinion. To everyone who loves halo I can respect that opinion too.

RevoNole

• Archived User
Halo Sucks. Get Over It.
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

Rhohan, they may not be fanboys...everyone has their own taste in games.  I'd get ripped for saying NFS: Underground is my favorite game.  I love it cuz I'm a car guy and it satisfies my needs for that.  Some people just LOVE Halo the way it is and just can't get enough of it cuz it's their style.  We've been trying to moderate the criticism you've gotten for what you said...so just try not insulting back.  Everyone has an OPINION, insulting an opinion is pointless.

If you love Halo, congrats, you love Halo.  If you love Manhunt, you love Manhunt, good for you...Everyone is gonna have their own opinion...so stop FLAMING each other over it...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7