xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: NFC East  (Read 1528 times)

dmb062082

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »

bleh, view the next thread post, might as well have it all on one page...

dmb062082

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2004, 01:55:00 AM »

eagles played well, and the cowboys season is over in my eyes. Its cool though. Next season we will have more cap money than any other team in the NFL, going free agent crazy, lets hope mr parcells knows what he is doing.  We also will have not 1 but 2 very high draft picks, one from buffalo. To top it all off we might already have our quarterback of the future drew henson, as he is already on our team. Not to mention last years number one draft pick star running back julius jones who has been out all season due to an injury comming back next week.

So the rest of the dallas season will be set up on examination. If things turn out well we might not need a whole lot next season, letting us dedicate time and money in making our dire positions to be filled by the best in the business. As for vinnie tesdavardi he played well today, but keep in mind he is an old as man. I expect next season to be better, and thats what i am preparing for, that and the rest of the season as evaluation time. I was working tonite so I had to listen to the game on the radio, it was nice to hear all world tight end jason whitten had a good game, and from what I heard mr roy williams got a few real nice shots on people. At any rate the beagles played well, and i am man enough to admit that shit.

Later

oh yeah and owens is a head case, he created his own monster. It is only a matter of time untill things start to not go his way, and he pisses everyone in his orginization off. That much I can gurantee. What will happen from there is still undecided.

dmb062082

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2004, 07:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Nov 16 2004, 01:43 PM)
http://www.nfl.com/g...0041031_BAL@PHI

Granted the secondary is great, but the ravens cornerbacks, (the dudes that lined up against owens and company 10+ yards past the line of scrimage) were nothing special.

Deion = old, lost many steps, now concidered sub par when it comes to man to man coverage.

nemt

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »

I've already admitted I predicted incorrectly about the Cowboys, I had no way of knowing they'd lose multiple corners and Julius Jones.  The Cowboys having a bad season doesn't make the Eagles any better, though...they still can't perform in the post season.  They can't beat Atlanta, and even if they could, they can't beat Indianapolis or New England (or Pittsburgh).

dmb062082

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Nov 16 2004, 08:02 PM)
I've already admitted I predicted incorrectly about the Cowboys, I had no way of knowing they'd lose multiple corners and Julius Jones.  The Cowboys having a bad season doesn't make the Eagles any better, though...they still can't perform in the post season.  They can't beat Atlanta, and even if they could, they can't beat Indianapolis or New England (or Pittsburgh).

and darren woodson, ill also throw in losing quincy carter in there for shits and giggles. Keep in mind if darren woodson was playing, roy williams would be able to join up in the box rushing the qb more.

Why was the defense so dominating last season? All of our big plays came from blitzing.

Last season we blitzed 27% of the time and out of that 27 percent roy williams was in the box the majority of the time (in the box means at the line), hell even woody was there at times to put lots of heat on the quarterback.

Darren woodson being injured forced a piece of shit saftey to take his spot, and roy williams to drop back almost every play, even on blitzing schemes, what this means is there is no big dallas cowboys pass rush, like last season. The defense is no longer a dominating force, not just because of our left cornerback being out, but a very important man by the name of darren woodson, he was the glue that held the defense together, its a fact. We need him.

getting at and in the quarterbacks heads were why the boys d played the best in the nfl last year.

nemt

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

The only thing left to do is swap in Henson so he gets some game experience, and try to pick up some good OLine guys next season.

nemt

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2004, 08:16:00 AM »

History means a lot, the Eagles don't perform in the post season...it's not some stupid curse, and it isn't based on a specific rival...they just fall apart in the post season - every year.

dmb062082

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Nov 18 2004, 05:19 PM)
History means a lot, the Eagles don't perform in the post season...it's not some stupid curse, and it isn't based on a specific rival...they just fall apart in the post season - every year.

user posted image

Sometimes my friend, a picture speaks a thousand words, and tellls alot about a franchise that has been around for quite some time.

dmb062082

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2004, 12:29:00 AM »

in the cowboys blowout loss against the ravens...

The Ravens then lost backup running back Musa Smith, who broke his right leg while being tackled by Roy Williams on a 12-yard run late in the first quarter. Standout running back Jamal Lewis left the game in the first quarter with an ankle injury and did not return, although he could have in the case of an emergency. Third-string tailback Musa Smith suffered a compound fracture to his tibia shortly after Lewis was injured. He was rushed to Shock Trauma and will undergo surgery.

At least its good to hear roy williams is still breaking things.... somethibg to build on for next season, btw all that damage was done by one man.

enderandrew

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »

Who says Philly can't perform in the post-season?

Apparently making three straight NFC championship games means nothing while other teams choke in the first round, or miss the post-season completely.

Philly is the most complete team in the NFC right now, and they are firing on all cylinders.  Occasionally McNabb gets in a funk and can't complete a pass (see most of last year), but when he's on, he's on.

I can see Atlanta being a spoiler if the offensive coordinator can pull his head out of his ass.  Otherwise, I see Philly continuing to roll to a fourth straight NFC championship game, and quite possibly the Super Bowl where the AFC will prove it's dominance again.

sstrasser86

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

EAGLES?!?!?!?
i was right from the start.....!!

enderandrew

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2004, 08:46:00 PM »

Well, it's official.  The Eagles won the NFC East.  They did it in 11 games, which is pretty impressive.

I thought Parcells would keep on improving the Cowboys.  Oh well.

I think Philly is more interested in getting to the Super Bowl than winning the East however.

nemt

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (enderandrew @ Nov 26 2004, 05:41 AM)
Who says Philly can't perform in the post-season?

user posted image

nemt

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »

Hey...you asked about post season performance and you got your answer.  The Eagles can go to all the NFC Championships in history, but they'll never be remembered as a great team.

makaveli91

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

Philly takes the superbowl. Hands down.  nuff said, bub.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6