xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Iran Deadline Today 4/28/06  (Read 585 times)

Chook

• Archived User
Iran Deadline Today 4/28/06
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 02:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Apr 30 2006, 12:05 PM) View Post

True.....but the whole interpretation of jihad allows you to kill everyone....
It would be kind of like saying that Jesus loved the rich and greedy.....

Reminds me of those really big ass church's I hate where the minister is a millionare

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ May 1 2006, 04:53 AM) View Post

Actually....they arent....thats what im trying to say....
They dont ignore the rules and teachings....as much as they drastically reinterpret the rules and teachings to justify their own actions....

same difference - but i guess all religions have that problem.  the primary difference being that there reinterpretation justifies killing children and basically anything else in the name of allah

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Apr 29 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

Yeah...the only bad thing is that a nuclear weapon would violate the rules of jihad....
The terrorists are already stretching the limits of a lesser jihad with their attacks....

Could you post a link to the rules of Jihad. Are they up with the board rules.

LMAO

A nuclear program is also incredibly expensive....Iran has some money...but i think a nuclear program would actually weaken their country.

They already have a nuclear program, hence the word "halt" nuclear actvities. And in case you missed it they control a considerable fraction of the known oil reserves.

Weaken  uhh.gif, they just told the remaining super power to bugger off, and frag themselves.

@Cattykid
Are you going to sign up grab a rifle and go fight in some desert?

@CockSr
Are you?

@Damaan
You?

Iranians were the ones who started calling America the "great satan".  BTW...it wasnt for religious reasons either...the USA has f*cked over Iran pretty badly in the past.  Its our fault...and for our own good...we should stay the hell away from the Iranians.

It was Ronnie and George Sr that armed the Iraqis to checkmate Russo/Iranian threat. Now we are all taking a bite out of the sh*t pie.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 09:10:00 AM »

Iran threatened on Tuesday to attack Israel in response to any "evil" act by the United States

http://today.reuters...UCLEAR-IRAN.xml
I don't see how it relates. But, their leaders belong in an insane asylum anyways.

xess

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

Why shouldn't Iran be allowed to build nuclear power stations? The UK government is in the process of sweetening the population to build more stations because natural resources are going to run out. Is Iran to sit back and do nothing and let hundreds of thousands of people die when all the resources are gone? I don't think so. The US doesn't want them to go nuclear because that means the US can't attack them at a future date. The US doesn't fuck with other nuclear powers, and if you didn't know bush/blair read report after report how Iraq had no WMD, was zero threat to the west, had no connection to Bin Laden and how much more badly they would inflame the situation in the middle east. With that in mind a lot of third world countries look at nuclear weapons as a DETERRANT to the US! They know if they have nukes they can actually protect themselves from america and insure against invasion!
Remember when Iraq had all its nuclear power stations bombed? The attack was carried out by Israel who is very heavily funded by the US. Iraq used to have protection from the U.S.S.R., thats why the US got Israel to do its dirty work. The same thing will happen with Iran- sooner or later Israel will bomb the plants.
Sorry for going on...

PS- The US is also the cause of the Israel/Palestinian conflict. A peace agreement was apparently reached TWENTY FIVE years ago and every country on the globe agreed it was the best solution, apart from the US who has blocked it every year since.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 04:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(xess @ May 4 2006, 06:27 PM) View Post
Why shouldn't Iran be allowed to build nuclear power stations? The UK government is in the process of sweetening the population to build more stations because natural resources are going to run out. Is Iran to sit back and do nothing and let hundreds of thousands of people die when all the resources are gone? I don't think so. The US doesn't want them to go nuclear because that means the US can't attack them at a future date. The US doesn't fuck with other nuclear powers, and if you didn't know bush/blair read report after report how Iraq had no WMD, was zero threat to the west, had no connection to Bin Laden and how much more badly they would inflame the situation in the middle east. With that in mind a lot of third world countries look at nuclear weapons as a DETERRANT to the US! They know if they have nukes they can actually protect themselves from america and insure against invasion!
Remember when Iraq had all its nuclear power stations bombed? The attack was carried out by Israel who is very heavily funded by the US. Iraq used to have protection from the U.S.S.R., thats why the US got Israel to do its dirty work. The same thing will happen with Iran- sooner or later Israel will bomb the plants.
Sorry for going on...

PS- The US is also the cause of the Israel/Palestinian conflict. A peace agreement was apparently reached TWENTY FIVE years ago and every country on the globe agreed it was the best solution, apart from the US who has blocked it every year since.

it has nothign to do with nuclear power stations, its about trust, they dont trust that iran will only build nuclear power plants, they feel they will purify the uranium further to make nuclear weapons

if they just want power plants thats fine with me, but i dont want them having the bomb (i dont even want us having the bomb)

xess

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ May 5 2006, 12:01 AM) View Post

if they just want power plants thats fine with me, but i dont want them having the bomb (i dont even want us having the bomb)

agreed

jha'dhur

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

The Christians have a bomb, the Hindus have a bomb and the Jews have a bomb. And now so shall the Muslims

Pakistani scientist, Al Qaeda sympothizer

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(PhatIrishBastard @ May 2 2006, 10:20 AM) View Post

@Cattykid
Are you going to sign up grab a rifle and go fight in some desert?

Not sign up... but if I'm drafted when of age you can bet I'd go.

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »

^^ you might change your mind when the guy beside you looses half his head.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 06:12:00 AM »

My grandfather served in WW2 and in the Suez Crisis.  He didn't go insane neither did alot of his mates.  Sure a miniroty have a difficult time but the majority get stuck in and get the job done.

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

are you sure?

Talk to him about it...

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »

Arvarden....I didnt say that anyone who goes to war goes crazy....
I said almost anyone can go crazy from war....

Your grandfather had a high threshold.....but if he would have spent 20 years....he might have gone crazy too
I was just saying that the carnage and destruction of war is outside the realm of normal human understanding...

Let me ask you a question....do your grandfather ever tell you how many people died or were injured, not by bullets, but by bodyparts?  
Did your grandfather describe in detail the carnage...the death...the human bodies that were almost unrecognizable?

Im willing to bet that even your grandfather supresses memories.....
But I might be wrong.....I didnt fight in WW2...so im just guessing from the accounts of other people

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

@Puck
you could go by my grandfather, although I do think he is somewhat of an extreme.  He liked war so much he became a mercenary after WWII for a while.  One of his favorite stories that i heard often growing up was about how he killed three japanese soldiers with his bare hands.  My other grandfather may have had PTSD.  the fam likes to blame his post WWII alcholism on PTSD and ignore his prewar alcoholism.  Most of his rambling about WWII lied with his belief that his commanding officer hated the irish and therefore refused to promote him.  I have no idea if this is true or not, but he never really talked about anything else concerning WWII.  Interestingly enough they were both in the field in the pacific and so likely experienced similar stress levels.

Suffice to say, PTSD does not effect everyone.  I believe the VA puts it about 30% for soldiers in combat and for most of those people it is short lived when treated.

@PhatIrishBastard
i tried to join twice, now that i have a kid i wont give them a third chance.  but really for me it does not mean the same thing as it does to the others you posed the question too.  which i am sure you will quickly point out.

@jha'dhur
If the paki's have the bomb, doesnt it also follow that the muslims have the bomb?  Or are they not muslim enough because they wont give the technology over to Al Quaeda?

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(_iffy @ May 4 2006, 08:44 PM) View Post

^^ you might change your mind when the guy beside you looses half his head.

I can't argue with that, PROBABLY would, but as to the ORIGINAL question, Puck put it well:
It doesnt matter if he changes his mind when he gets there....everyone regrets decisions when they are difficult
Its a matter of his original intent and his resolve to finish

Yeah, I'd go.  Not sure how long I'd mentally be able to STAY there... in combat, with bullets whizzing by me, killing others and seeing my friends (even enemis) die... knowing any second that could be me... an inch, a centimeter, a hair... and everything could be over.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5