xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Organized Religion  (Read 1244 times)

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »

While it may never be commonplace to transmute lead into gold, it is practical to obtain gold from lead ores. The minerals galena (lead sulfide, PbS), cerussite (lead carbonate, PbCO3), and anglesite (lead sulfate, PbSO4) often contain zinc, gold, silver, and other metals. Once the ore has been pulverized, chemical techniques are sufficient to separate the gold from the lead. The result is almost alchemy...almost.

A question for the village IDIOT, did they physically transmutate lead into gold at a subatomic level?

lordvader129

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

If we evolved from lower life form why have lower life forms not evloved into a human like form, if theses species are millions of years old.

i have to give you credit for the slightly more intelligent adaptation of "if we came from monkees and apes why are there still monkees and apes?"

however the reasoning is flawed, a similar argument can be posed "if i ate dinner last night, why is there still food in my fridge?" and the answer is obvious, i didnt eat all food in my fridge, and its also possible i went and bought more food today

please ignore the obvious evolutionary flaws int eh following statement, its for the benefit of people who know nothing of evolution
not all monkeed and apes evolved into humans, and while the ones who did evolved into humans, lower species were evolving into monkees and apes

and why some species exist much longer without major evolutionary changes can also be explained by the food in my fridge, why does the broccoli sit in the fridge so much longer than the apples? and why does the cereal in my closet take longer to spoil than th emilk in my firdge? not everything operates at the same speed, and from a standpoint of natural selection, not everything is as inclined to evolve and adapt, some are survive great just the way they are

stagnant evolution is not a failure of the process, but rather a success, creatures so well attuned to their environment nothing more needs to change or can be changed to make them better

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »

Controlled Environment vs The Real World

When something is observed in Science, 10 to 1 it is in a controlled evironment. A controlled enviroment is also know as a form of playing God. In a controlled environment, you have control over everything and they also lack very important factors such as chaos and randomness. In many controlled environments, the real world is replicated, but again there are certain things that can not be replicated such as chaos and randomness. Thus, the observation holds true in the controlled environment, but is nothing more than theory/fiction in the real world.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »

the very difinition of chaos is that it cant be controlled, even under laborotry circumstances, even experiments conducted in a lab are subject to chaos and randomness

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »

pop.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(nsfdheo @ Nov 10 2005, 12:13 PM)
Sure I would agree that the world as we know it now was alot different before the flood in Noahs time. Lots of Species all wiped out at once.  smile.gif

puckSR

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

If we evolved from lower life form why have lower life forms not evloved into a human like form, if theses species are millions of years old.

They did, they evolved into US.  Your question is similiar to the question...if we came from Apes, why are there still apes?

The answer is simple.  Evolution occurs to fill a particular need.  Organisms need to survive in a different enviroment.  They evolve to live in that enviroment.  If the old enviroment still exists, then the older lifeform will continue to survive in the old enviroment.  The older lifeform may still evolve, but not as drastically as the lifeform that had to adapt to the new enviroment.  i.e.  apes still exist because there are still jungles.  We exist because there were larger open areas(or something else that facilitated our existence)

What is your definition of adaptation?
What is your definition of evolution?

Lead into Gold
http://chemistry.abo...a/aa050601a.htm

As far as the silk purse from a sow's ear, that one is damn difficult to find, so let me repeal it.  Perhaps choosing an example where it is an incredibly common saying was not a good idea.

If you burn your hand on the stove and remember later not to touch the stove is that EVOLUTION, or adaptation.

No, but that called learning.  Adaptation would say that if you and several of your offspring constantly kept burning yourselves, you would develop incredibly callous hands that could withstand being burned more

DNA
sequencing proves that humans are not as old as evolutionist suggest necessary for valid evolution.

Really?  Where did you get this idea?
If it proves it, then you obviously have done the DNA research yourself and can post it, or your pulling this information from a reputable source, and can post the source.

According to the village idiot Pucksr evolution has conviently stopped, to lend credence to this bs theory that we can not observe in the era of written history.

I never said it has stopped, evolution does not stop.  I said that we have not had an incident of rapid evolution in recorded history.  We have also not witnessed an ice age, or a "global flood"(the flood in the bible was never written about by the witnesses), or a massive meteor strike, or any catastrophic event to the enviroment.

We have witnessed evolution occur with isolated populations in particular areas.  We have witnessed this repeated times.

Islands, Darwin's experience being one of the first cases of this, are incredibly strong examples of this.  Due to their isolated nature, difficult living conditions, and somewhat strange enviroments, we frequently see animals adapt in new and strange ways.

Uranus is a RELATIVLY small distance to earth when considering known space, the diffrernce between ape and man is on the same order, it is farely close
with all things considered, but it is essentially a nearly infinite distance in practical
terms.

This is both misleading and false statement.  Uranus is not a nearly infinite distance
Voyager visited Uranus in 1986, it was launched in August 1977.
Is 8.5 years infinite?
I would expect an infinite distance to take at least a decade to travel there
I guess your right, chimps are very different from humans
they dont use tools
they dont form societies
they dont teach their young
they dont have similiar anatomy
they dont have similiar internal structures
they dont exhibit emotion
they dont have a concept of language

Wow, you know a lot about chimps xmedia

nsfdheo

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(nsfdheo @ Nov 10 2005, 12:13 PM)

lordvader129

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee

but isnt that it right there? 2 of every animal? or are you just saying 2 brought 2 brids on board, and from those 2 birds all the difererent birds we have no came from? wouldnt that be evolution right there?

the second quote is simply further instructions for the "clean" animals, someone who has studied the bible would know the significance of that, i wont bother explaining sicne you clearly know more than me  tongue.gif

pug_ster

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »

The story about Noah's Arc is just as creative as Santa Claus going to every good boy's and Girl's homes and put presents under the Christmas Tree.

throwingks

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

There is no proof of a worldwide flooding. Only basis is most religions speak of a huge flood. There is nothing to say that the flood each religion talks about happened at the same time and was worldwide. To those people everything they could see was worldwide.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Nov 10 2005, 02:39 PM)
There is no proof of a worldwide flooding. Only basis is most religions speak of a huge flood. There is nothing to say that the flood each religion talks about happened at the same time and was worldwide. To those people everything they could see was worldwide.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 10 2005, 05:22 PM)
correct, science shows a worldwide flood would cause weather patterns to deteriorate, water vapor in the air would increase the temperature to a point of being uninhabitable (ark or not) also there would be so much water vapor in the air youd drown just by breathing

lordvader129

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Nov 10 2005, 03:26 PM)
And I'm pretty sure the creator of this Earth can control things that are out of the realm of Science rolleyes.gif

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 10 2005, 05:32 PM)
the same circular logic all your arguments will eventually fall to, using evidence of the bible to support the claims of the bible
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15