xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How To Use Custom Soundtracks In Games  (Read 337 times)

Heet

• Archived User
How To Use Custom Soundtracks In Games
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

Both editors are hugely buggy.  Redjoons soundtrack editor is better than Virtual xbox cd ripper (usually an error before I can even get back to the xbox from the pc), but is still pretty damn buggy.

Just a heads up before anyone rams their head into a wall trying to use them.

Big Cheese Make Me

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »

What are the names of the files in E/TData/fffe000/music?
I used to have MS dash, but not anymore, on this XBox,
The idiot transferred it wrong...

If my memory recalls me correctly, I used to be able to just go into there,
and send in files anyway, given I renamed them with numbers...

If I had one file name, say to a track,
Then I could use said file name to try to do this...

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2003, 12:48:00 AM »

Update: I have changed the tool I recommend for MP3 to WMA conversion. I have been using this tool for a long time, and it is just great. No problems at all with it.

Certain games support custom soundtracks, meaning that you can play your own music in the game. You have two options of successfully putting music onto your Xbox to play in a game.

Uploading WMAs to your XBox from your PC
WMA (Windows Media Audio) is the standard music format for soundtracks. You can convert a MP3 to WMA using this program for your PC:

http://www.reseau.org/mp3towma/

After the conversion, you can now upload that WMA to your Xbox using Xbox Soundtrack Editor. You can get it here:

http://dwl.xbox-scen...s/xboxst097.zip

With this tool, you can also easily rename song files on your Xbox. For example, ripping a CD (see below) will create rather plain file names.

Copying a CD to the Xbox HD
In the MS dash, there will be the music tab. Hit the tab, and then select Audio CD. In the next menu, you can select "Copy" and then you can select certain songs to your Xbox will rip off the CD onto your Xbox.

Note: Not all Xbox DVDROMS can read burned CDs. If you have a Samsung drive (the one on the far right), it will probably read successfully. Of course, commercial CDs should work fine in all DVDROMS.

user posted image

If you do not have a Samsung DVDROM, find other means. I suggest getting Audio Grabber for your PC which can rip songs off a CD in your PC:

http://www.audiograb...t/download.html

The songs will be in MP3 format when ripped. Now, refer to the above method "Uploading WMAs to your XBox from your PC"

Conclusion
The folder where this music is located is in /E/TDATA/fffe0000/music/. There is a file called ST.DB that maintains the songs in the next folder.

Note: It is much easier to use the above methods to put music onto your HD rather editing this DB file.

- You can not link music files in XBMP to play as custom soundtracks in game. Only the folder in E: is accessed by the Xbox for this.

phr0zen

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2003, 04:34:00 AM »

First of all - if there is a pinned or more-applicable thread for this question (or a main "Xbox soundtrack editing" thread), please send me the link and i'll gladly remove/move my post....

Here goes....
I tried to start using the XBOX Soundtrack Editor () like a madman, but am having trouble getting it work I think.  

Here's the basics of my situation so far...

>> When I first tried XSE I had it connect to my xbox, and saw nothing there.  

>> I tried to create a new soundtrack (via XSE) but it didn't work.

>> So I created a soundtrack on my XBOX (via xboxdash:music). Tested it by booting up Tiger2004 to make sure the xbox saw the custom soundtrack - and it did.  But XSE still doesn't can't see anything when I connect.

I'm not an advanced Evox/Xbox developer/h@cker, but am fairly up-to-speed on standard xbox modding/dashboarding/etc.

Anyhow - my main questions are..
1.) Has anyone else had trouble similar to mine with XSE?

2.) Is there a way (software program or other) to manually edit the ST.DB to "force" the xbox to recognize new albums I just "FTP" in?

If anyone has any ideas/tips/etc it'd be mucho appreciated.... Thanks in advance...

peace out..
- phromello

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2003, 07:27:00 AM »

i tried XSE bout 3 months ago and it worked perfectly.  i'm curious as to what version of the MS Xbox dash you have and the version of XSE your using...

inferno222

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2003, 09:05:00 PM »

I tried this a while ago, but had problems with songs getting abruptly cut off randomly..but I was using a different program to convert files to WMA format..Did  the program I was using mess it up, was it the filenames(some had weird boxes) or is it a problem with the sound track editor?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2003, 09:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (inferno222 @ Oct 29 2003, 12:29 AM)
I tried this a while ago, but had problems with songs getting abruptly cut off randomly..but I was using a different program to convert files to WMA format..Did  the program I was using mess it up, was it the filenames(some had weird boxes) or is it a problem with the sound track editor?

It was most likely the conversion tool. I have not a single problem with MP3toWMA.

Long filenames won't even upload to the Xbox.

sulfur

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »

i think i'm retarded, b/c i can't get it to connect to xbox, ip and everything is right, just won't connect, i can connect w/ Flashfxp fine, just not this program....

Bio Retard

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2003, 03:11:00 AM »

I used Soundtrack Editor a few months ago, but it started to mess up the songs.  Only half of certain soundtracks would show up in multiple games.  Project Gotham and THPS2X would freeze up whenever I went to audio problems.  It seems to be easier just to burn the CD-RWs and copy them onto the Xbox.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (Bio Retard @ Nov 4 2003, 06:35 AM)
I used Soundtrack Editor a few months ago, but it started to mess up the songs.  Only half of certain soundtracks would show up in multiple games.  Project Gotham and THPS2X would freeze up whenever I went to audio problems.  It seems to be easier just to burn the CD-RWs and copy them onto the Xbox.

True, some people have experienced issues with XSE.

Codename54

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2003, 06:20:00 PM »

Screw this, wrong method for me to use.  It says I'm maxed out 100 songs.  And my tdada folder is not how you epxplained.  It's actually like this.

/E/TDATA/fffe0000/music/

This post has been edited by Codename54: Nov 7 2003, 02:36 AM

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2003, 06:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (Codename54 @ Nov 6 2003, 09:44 PM)
Screw this, wrong method for me to use.  It says I'm maxed out 100 songs.  And my tdada folder is not how you epxplained.  It's actually like this.

/E/TDATA/fffe0000/music/

I had to edit my post.. and it got rid of my backlashes.. but now this problem is finally gone on the forums  biggrin.gif

nezff

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2003, 07:40:00 PM »

hey shana, i thought u could just use the windows media bonus pack for xp to convert mp3 into wmas.  i do it all the time.

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2003, 01:59:00 AM »

I was looking at the filenames and I don't quite understand how the xbox renames the files from a cd.  Anyway, does it matter what the filename is when I upload to the fold via ftp?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2003, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (DuDeR MaN @ Nov 7 2003, 05:23 AM)
I was looking at the filenames and I don't quite understand how the xbox renames the files from a cd.  Anyway, does it matter what the filename is when I upload to the fold via ftp?

I am pretty sure it does matter. There is a .DB file in the folder which probably links to the files inside.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4