xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Really, Really, Really Hate Mtv.  (Read 234 times)

dietrite

• Archived User
I Really, Really, Really Hate Mtv.
« on: October 25, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »

Dear MTV,
Maybe you weren't listening or the room was loud and you couldn't hear me, or maybe you just forgot. But I guess I should say it again: I already hate you. There's no need for this.

The South Park guys are right. Youth politics, MTV's Rock the Vote and P. Diddy's Vote or Die in particular, is a joke (and it's not just because they're transparently anti-Republican movements). I'm not saying that 18-year olds aren't mentally capable of making informed decisions, I'm saying that 18-year olds who watch MTV aren't mentally capable of making informed decisions. But we've known this for years.

Consider the following...

1) This horrible, horrible video was created to target young voters who are, with two weeks to go until the election, still undecided. If you are undecided at this point, what on earth could you be waiting to hear? To channel the spirit of Jon Stewart, you're basically raising your hand and saying "Hey! Whoever tells me the best lie wins!"

2) People, soldiers and civilians and children, are being killed in Iraq on a near-daily basis. I can think of nothing more trite than these horribly designed character models - from commercially-sold entertainment products - spouting tired cliches about how important is to vote and protect your freedom of speech (as if it was going to be taken away if you don't?), without the creators even knowing themselves why it's important to do these things. One of the Leisure Suit Larry girls sings "I bore witness to atrocities that are way too harsh to mention..." No, you haven't, because you're a f*cking videogame character. But perhaps she was talking about her own involvement in Magna Cum Laude.

3) I had to rewind the video three times to make sure I was hearing it correctly, but sure enough: "And if you don't care, better act like you do care." Good Lord, these people are idiots. If you are unable to make an informed decision that affects the lives of millions and millions of others, be it ever so slightly, the most responsible thing you can do is NOT vote. "Hey, 19-year old who doesn't know anything! YOU decide!"

BONUS) Leisure "Sex with a Furry Mascot" Suit Larry walking side by side with Spongebob Squarepants.

Take a few seconds to let that last one sink in.

To summarize:

* If you vote, make sure your decision is an informed one.

* Until Lara Croft makes a compelling argument regarding our nation's immigration problems, or Scorpion applies his game theory and chess strategies to the growing threats in North Korea and Iran, I'll be sticking to National Review and The New Republic for my political insight, thanksmuch.

* I really, really, really hate MTV.

------------------------------------------------

well put.. btw, i didn't write this. taken from here: http://gmr_skip.1up.com

SmallBusinessGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »

I'd believe you if the following conditions were met:

1) If this wasn't the internet.
2) If you weren't a tool.
3) If you weren't black.
4) If you didn't like mainstream hip-hop/rap.
5) If you didn't like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas just because you play as a black gangster.
6) If you didn't buy new hip-hop/rap-esque shoes, clothes, because the man tells you to.
7) If you didn't watch MTV, and BET on a regular basis.
8) If you weren't under 18.
9) If you actually wrote that letter yourself.

;)

knicksrule

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »

damn that was a UBER BURN!!! nice one SmallBusinessGuy

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »

i hope people don't go to mtv for their politics.  they don't claim to be a news channel and i hope the 18 year olds that watch it a lot know better.  then again if they're 18 and still watch a lot of mtv they probably don't.

thomes08

edit.... oops didn't mean to quote you smallbg

This post has been edited by thomes08 on Oct 26 2004, 05:13 AM

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »

That video was pathetic. MTV should have nothing to do with politics, and visa-versa.

dietrite

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 10:20:00 PM »

smallbusinessguy, its real homo how you follow me around this forum to flame me m8.  ;)
especially with your multiple accounts, you need a hug or something?  <_<  

This post has been edited by dietrite on Oct 26 2004, 05:52 AM

SmallBusinessGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »

Feel free to explain how it is homosexual for me to verbally rape you over the internet. I just want you to understand how much of a tool you are, is that so wrong? ;)

dietrite

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 11:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (SmallBusinessGuy @ Oct 25 2004, 10:00 PM)
Feel free to explain how it is homosexual for me to verbally rape you over the internet. I just want you to understand how much of a tool you are, is that so wrong? ;)

why dont you enlighten me in a pm, rather than shitting all over my thread.  :blink:

xbox beat box

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

Whos more of a tool? The tool, or the tool following the tool.

blueshogun96

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

So he hates MTV.  I do too!  If you are messin with dietrite because he's black and likes BET, then you are messin with me.  Nothing pisses me off more than this S*** right here :angry:

EDIT:

I'd believe you if the following conditions were met:

1) If this wasn't the internet.
2) If you weren't a tool.
3) If you weren't black.
4) If you didn't like mainstream hip-hop/rap.
5) If you didn't like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas just because you play as a black gangster.
6) If you didn't buy new hip-hop/rap-esque shoes, clothes, because the man tells you to.
7) If you didn't watch MTV, and BET on a regular basis.
8) If you weren't under 18.
9) If you actually wrote that letter yourself.

I would say STFU, but I'm doing my best to keep my temper under control.

This post has been edited by blueshogun96 on Oct 26 2004, 07:14 PM

xbox beat box

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (blueshogun96 @ Oct 26 2004, 07:12 PM)
So he hates MTV.  I do too!  If you are messin with dietrite because he's black and likes BET, then you are messin with me.  Nothing pisses me off more than this S*** right here :angry:

EDIT:

I would say STFU, but I'm doing my best to keep my temper under control.

Uh-oh..hes going to lose his cool.....watch out..he might tell you to shut the fuck up...awww darn..I said it

whats the worst you could do blueshogun?...cry?

OK...1...2...3..cry! :(

Ok..ok..before you get your panties in a bunch, why are you acting all tough on a forum? Basically, with a few acceptions, anybody can say what they want?

Oh yeah...wipe your vagina.

Car RamRod over and out!

blueshogun96

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

Uh-oh..hes going to lose his cool.....watch out..he might tell you to shut the fuck up...awww darn..I said it

whats the worst you could do blueshogun?...cry?

OK...1...2...3..cry! 

You're right.

Ok..ok..before you get your panties in a bunch, why are you acting all tough on a forum? Basically, with a few acceptions, anybody can say what they want?

Haven't you ever thought that some things are not worth saying?

Oh yeah...wipe your vagina.

You have a vagina?  That was none of our business ;)
Seriously, u fag, quit looking at me in strange places.  How else would YOU know so much about me? Huh?

xbox beat box

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »

Are you homophobic?

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »

Retard fight!! ;)
This is why I love this site. :lol:

xbox beat box

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

Yeah me too....This blueshogun guy has a temper...I am just trying to get a rise out of him...so very bored at work