xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wat New Ideas For Video Games Do You Have  (Read 192 times)

Dr. P. Cipriano

• Archived User
Wat New Ideas For Video Games Do You Have
« on: June 08, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

Hay video gamers as you know there alot of great games out right now but most of these titles are remakes or some thing that has been done before or and add on to a seris.  while these are all right i think there should be some new stuff.

Like a WW1 shooter that would be a great game.  image charging out of a trench with hundres of other people and trying to take a german trench over.  That would be sweet.  heck even a civil war first person shoot would be cool a bit difficult to create but it would definatle be fun.  there are a lont of posiblities out there with the next Gen system that are out and coming out ( PS3 oooo yeah) gaming compaies just need to try some new stuff for these powerful game counsles.

Post some of your ideas here think of some thing you would love to see made into a video game.

This post has been edited by Dr. P. Cipriano: Jun 9 2006, 02:30 AM

calderra

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:26:00 AM »

I have a great idea for a game. It's called "BS Railroad".

You work as an executive for the BS Railroad. Your challenge: Your station has recently acquired the plans for an engine that is significantly more expensive than the competition's, yet hasn't publicly demonstrated any increase in power.

Your job is to market this oversized black box to consumers, convincing them of the superior nature of "BluCoal" burners and your new "Heat Diminishing Multimedia Interfacer" (HDMI) which connects the BluCoal burner to rail cars, but only the very newest rail cars that only a fraction of consumers ride on, and said rail cars are also the most expensive on the market.

You do have a few things going your way though- for example, your normal train controls have been enhanced with a special feature where you can physically lean forward or backward for acceleration or braking instead of using the hand controls. Or, you know, you just just use the hand controls.

Anyway- this all culminates with the BS Railroad's launch of the new engine- the Penultimate Servicer 3000 (PS3) in November of this year. You must use your PR skills to lambast opponents, hype the PS3, and ultimately attempt to defeat your rivals MicroStation and Traintendo in the market.
 biggrin.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(calderra @ Jun 9 2006, 08:33 AM) View Post

I have a great idea for a game. It's called "BS Railroad".

You work as an executive for the BS Railroad. Your challenge: Your station has recently acquired the plans for an engine that is significantly more expensive than the competition's, yet hasn't publicly demonstrated any increase in power.

Your job is to market this oversized black box to consumers, convincing them of the superior nature of "BluCoal" burners and your new "Heat Diminishing Multimedia Interfacer" (HDMI) which connects the BluCoal burner to rail cars, but only the very newest rail cars that only a fraction of consumers ride on, and said rail cars are also the most expensive on the market.

You do have a few things going your way though- for example, your normal train controls have been enhanced with a special feature where you can physically lean forward or backward for acceleration or braking instead of using the hand controls. Or, you know, you just just use the hand controls.

Anyway- this all culminates with the BS Railroad's launch of the new engine- the Penultimate Servicer 3000 (PS3) in November of this year. You must use your PR skills to lambast opponents, hype the PS3, and ultimately attempt to defeat your rivals MicroStation and Traintendo in the market.
 biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

honestly, i dont think you can come up with a compleltly new game idea anymore, well not with the conventional game platforms.  

New themes and adding features to current games looks to be the way to go.  of course you can come up with new games but those games will still have ideas taken from other games and so on.  

how about Spaz Frenzy:  by using the tilt function in the ps3 controller, you flail your arms about, jerking your body left and right, and throw yourself into a complete seizure and the ps3 will use all of its might to compute how much of a spaz you are.   tongue.gif

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

how about Spaz Frenzy: by using the tilt function in the ps3 controller, you flail your arms about, jerking your body left and right, and throw yourself into a complete seizure and the ps3 will use all of its might to compute how much of a spaz you are.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The only new kinda genre i can think of is like that game where you start as a single cell organism and slowly evolve how you want.    I cant think of the freakin name of this game......maybe like organism or something like that.  Anyways, I kinda want to play that game, it looks fun...

Ooo....and that B.C. game we've been hearing about for god knows how long

This post has been edited by Tripme: Jun 9 2006, 08:56 PM

KaRiL

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
I have an idea its called "Billys Ring of Fortune" tm(patent pending)
the cool part about this game is that before you get to play you have to cross your fingers and watch the ring of fortune spin round and round... if it stops on three red lights you lose, and cant play for 3 weeks.   then once you do play,  it will get progressivley slower until it stops, but if you press a certain button at a certain time you can start the process all over again.  to spice things up every couple of months you can update the game which may or may not cause you to get the dreaded three red lights.  then right before you finish, you get the super scratch of perfection which renders your game unplayable but you can choose to get an entirely different game for free!!

best part is.... if you think the game isn't fun, other people will tell you its your fault and you did something stupid, or the percentage of people who dont have fun falls within accepted parameters.  

as an added bonus you get to talk trash about other games no one has even seen yet because you really really hope you didn't just waste a whole years allowance on a poorly tested, poorly engineered game.

Dr. P. Cipriano

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »

Hum yes while these were not the type of games i was planning on.  the last game sounds like one people have ben buying a lot latly i just hope BIll Gates dug the deep dark pit in India deep enough to fit all the falty games.  and even though MS plans to have shipped 10 million of these red light games world wide by the sony launch only a couple of people will still be enjoying there red light games while the rest are waiting for theirs to be shiped back to them.  so really they have only sold maybe 7 mill the rest they count because they are shipping them to those people who suddenly won the red light game and had to ship there system in for the socalled repaire where they through the game away and ship you a new one caunting that in there overall numbers as another one shipped.

Enjoy the Red light game my friends just prey Bill Gates dug deep enough to fit in them in when you win.

Neilinator99

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »

I would like to see a game that is a life simulator only better than the sims.

calderra

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 12:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dr. P. Cipriano @ Jun 11 2006, 02:37 AM) *

Hum yes while these were not the type of games i was planning on.  the last game sounds like one people have ben buying a lot latly i just hope BIll Gates dug the deep dark pit in India deep enough to fit all the falty games.  and even though MS plans to have shipped 10 million of these red light games world wide by the sony launch only a couple of people will still be enjoying there red light games while the rest are waiting for theirs to be shiped back to them.  so really they have only sold maybe 7 mill the rest they count because they are shipping them to those people who suddenly won the red light game and had to ship there system in for the socalled repaire where they through the game away and ship you a new one caunting that in there overall numbers as another one shipped.

Enjoy the Red light game my friends just prey Bill Gates dug deep enough to fit in them in when you win.

Old'd: Because Sony and Nintendo make games out of sheer charity and are non-profit organizations, right?
And also: I've seen DOZENS of people who are on their 5th or 6th PS2. Don't say this is a MS thing. I've served several people who've had 2 or 3 PS2s go down IN THE SAME MONTH (or two) and they still just want another new one with no warranty. Zmobeiz.

Dr. P. Cipriano

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

That would be nice to have a real life simulator for a counsle with the improved amount of space on the disc there would be aton of stuff to do and the details that eh next gen systems produce would make the game look awsome also it would be really to to expand that to online play with XBOx Live and the head set that would make a great online experiance

I still think a World War 1 game would be really fun with the amounts of people that can be produced on the screen all at once the battles and charges would be amazing.

Dr. P. Cipriano

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

just had a great new idea for a game it would be a real time stragedy game for a counsle kinda like red alert but when you have a battle the game sooms down ito a first person shooter.  it would be like the civilication games.  you start in the stone age and battle with cave men and such and you progress through time till you get too like the futer i guess and ever time you have a battle it sooms down to a first person mode and you accually fight in the battle i think that would be fun and easy to take online too it would be turn base until you get too a battle then it goes to first person mode and you and your AI controlled caracters battle agaisnst the other guy.