xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Halo 2 Coming to Windows Vista, not XP  (Read 349 times)

frieko

• Archived User
Halo 2 Coming to Windows Vista, not XP
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(RBX-GT2 @ Feb 10 2006, 03:08 AM) View Post

windows has no bugs at all

Laughing. My. Fucking. Ass. Off. Hahahahah

pseudoschizo

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(TRIaXOR @ Feb 9 2006, 08:43 PM) View Post

lol  biggrin.gif  I stand corrected  happy.gif

The original poster had it correct.. we're nerds.. not L337 H4|<0RZ LOLZIESROFLSAUSAGES

Oh, and they've been blowing their horn (seriously, no pun intended) about Vista now for months, I doubt it'll even be released by 2007, and that's a realistic guess.  They push back the release date and strip features every time I check in with it.  

Bull.

pSc

Moleman

• Recovered User
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 09:35:00 PM »

There are several possible reasons the game could be restricted to Vista.  One is money.  All right, that's out of the way.

1.  Maybe there is some netcode in there that ties into live.  Vista is supposed to heavily interact with the 360, so maybe they are borrowing some infrastructure.

2. (And most likely to me) Windows Graphics Foundation 2 support.  It is like DX10, to support the heavy video cards.  As far as I know, they don't plan on porting this to XP.

Sorry if the syntax of my sentences are off, but I am very tired at the moment.

revengeismyfury

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(dalezer @ Feb 10 2006, 01:55 AM) View Post

WHO CARES?!?

Halo 1 PC wasn't a success, so whats gonna make this one a success. VISTA? lol NO  jester.gif

Halo is for xbox no pc.  tongue.gif  jester.gif

Ha, halo 1 was a big success for halo pc. look at all the modding that has been done to it through halomods.com, look at how many people still choose to play it than play the xbox halo 2 version.

Halo 2, isnt that good of a game, they didnt spend as much time on it. Sure we love the dual wields but it makes the weapons half weapons, not full weapons. In halo 1 any gun could take any gun out if skilled enough to do it.

In halo 2, If your off on your aim you still hit the person which means the bullets curve towards the person, which means the game is helping you and you dont become as good as your should be.

Halo 2 should have been made like h2ce the mod is. Halo 2 should have been made like halo 1 was. All in all halo 1 has great balance in weapons and everything. Halo 2 has poor balance in weapons and whatever else, but halo 2 also has its own unique  balance which, I dont think we've seen in any other game before.

Halo 2 coming out for the pc, if its the same as the xbox version, that just tells me only people that havent played halo 1 on pc will buy it.

johnnyrico

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »

I could feel Ms trying to dig out as much money as they could once again.
instead of making too hardware demanding, buggy Os'es they should make decent, low performance minimum software.
and stop abusing their advantage position on the computer market

soupy_31

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(RBX-GT2 @ Feb 9 2006, 09:08 PM) View Post

ohh please windows is buggy/laggy? wtf r u smoking. iit must be you that is. you just dont know how to configure a system correctly at all....
windows has no bugs at all & winxp is just fine. it's been fine since it came out. it must be you the problem is end-user errors that cause the fu***s out their. blaming ms for your screwups is like blaming mcdonalds for making you fat. you defenitly need the " windows xp for dummies book" to operate your pc. or jsut go and buy a mac like the rest of the "Novice" users

besides , my pc will run vista w/o any issues at all. why, opps i forgot i know how-to setup/configure a pc correctly

I didn't know Bill Gates had an account on XS. wink.gif

Maertz

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(revengeismyfury @ Feb 10 2006, 11:08 AM) View Post

Ha, halo 1 was a big success for halo pc. look at all the modding that has been done to it through halomods.com, look at how many people still choose to play it than play the xbox halo 2 version.

Halo 2, isnt that good of a game, they didnt spend as much time on it. Sure we love the dual wields but it makes the weapons half weapons, not full weapons. In halo 1 any gun could take any gun out if skilled enough to do it.

In halo 2, If your off on your aim you still hit the person which means the bullets curve towards the person, which means the game is helping you and you dont become as good as your should be.

Halo 2 should have been made like h2ce the mod is. Halo 2 should have been made like halo 1 was. All in all halo 1 has great balance in weapons and everything. Halo 2 has poor balance in weapons and whatever else, but halo 2 also has its own unique  balance which, I dont think we've seen in any other game before.

Halo 2 coming out for the pc, if its the same as the xbox version, that just tells me only people that havent played halo 1 on pc will buy it.

agreed halo2ce was great. halo2 was overated.
Pages: 1 2 [3]