xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Good Online Games  (Read 209 times)

deliverymanxas

• Archived User
Good Online Games
« on: December 07, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »

Alright, Im not a total Noob, but I dont know very much about PC's.  Hope you guys can help.

I Used to have an old Compaq...not even sure what the specs are, but it ran windows 98.  Yeah...it was old.  The only real online game I played was Ultima Online (loved it).  Played other PC games...but I loved the online multiplayer RPG.  This is where you come in...I havent been in the market for a PC game in a couple of years, Im sure there are a shitton of good games out there.  What is your favorite...or What do you play when your wife/girlfriend or husband/boyfriend is watching their shows.  

I am getting

XPS 400 with 1 gig of ram - NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800 - 250 gig HD

Im not sure how good this is...I just upgraded a couple of things at checkout...this will give you guys system requirement info.

Thanks for your input

Happy Holidays   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

dava_bran

• Archived User
Good Online Games
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »

I like Battle Field 2 and BF2 Special Forces.  Been the only game I've been playing

ridefour15

• Archived User
Good Online Games
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

I don't play MP games myself on the computer, but I have a friend who's highly hooked on Dark Age of Camelot.  There's like a $15/month server fee I believe.

I also have a few friends addicted to World of Warcraft like it's the next crack (i.e., Everquest), which also has a $15/month fee which has kept me from trying it out.

If you look around you can find demos for both online.

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
Good Online Games
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »

As lame as most people likely consiter it, I still love CounterStrike:Source.

Arvarden

• Archived User
Good Online Games
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 02:36:00 PM »

As a Hl2DM and DoD:S player you know my thoughts on CS, Hl2 is a dam good game as you can add loads of free mods to expand the playability and longevity of the game.  

I tried WoW for 2 months and WOW what a great game.  But when I found myself on mining expiditions for upto 3 hours a time I thought, fuck this I may aswell jack off over Wham album covers.

deliverymanxas

• Archived User
Good Online Games
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »

Im not sure if I am into the first person thing on PC yet.  I like Halo/Area51/Elder Scrolls and that stuff on Xbox.  I hear its more fun on PC but...I think Ill stick to strategy (Age of Empires 3), or my MMORPG (UO, or some other).
Am kinda anxious to see what D&D online is gonna be like.

Happy Holidays

dava_bran

• Archived User
Good Online Games
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 11:47:00 PM »

Well FPS for PC have changed a lot.  Well you should give some of the newest games a try.  Go download game demos and give them a whirl, you'll find a whole new world.  World of Warcraft is pretty sweet too, but too addicting.

deliverymanxas

• Archived User
Good Online Games
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 01:27:00 AM »

dava_bran

Addiction is not a big issue for me...just a game that I know is gonna be fun.  Download demos?  That could help I guess.  What are some good FPS on the PC?