xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ini Hacks?  (Read 178 times)

Lucied

• Archived User
Ini Hacks?
« on: July 17, 2004, 11:00:00 AM »

There is an ini hack out for ThirdEchelonUser.ini in the Offline folder.  And it works well enough, even though I had to change the button maps for my personal preferences.

It's the hack that allows you to replenish your Health and Ammo, make you Invincible, and an option to make you Invisible.

It works well, sure.  But the Invisible hack does just that, it makes Sam invisible.  You can't see him, not even with thermal.  I was wondering, is there anything that could be done, so that you are simply made invisible to the enemies (0 Visibility on the little meter thing), but still visible on screen?

I'm stuck in a part on the third or fourth level (I forget which), and I want to be hidden.  But at the same time, I want to see where the heck I am going.

I don't know if this can be done with the ini hack, or if a trainer would have to be made.  I can't make trainers, but would love to have one.  Still, if it can be done with an ini hack...

Would be nice to have something to give infinite health and ammo instead of needing to replenish it all the time.  Oh well.  At least it's something.

Anything else you can do with the ini file?

xgpu

• Archived User
Ini Hacks?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »

I would first like to ask how you managed to hack the ini and have it take effect.  In Unreal, Rainbow Six and any other game featuring an ini, when I make a change nothing happens it gets overwritten.  What are yhou doing to make them take effect?

mafia3

• Archived User
Ini Hacks?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 01:20:00 AM »

Are u talking about the pc or the xbox game??? (how do u do it if xbox??)

Lucied

• Archived User
Ini Hacks?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 05:31:00 AM »

You copy the game to your hard drive.  Then in a folder called Offline, there is a file named ThirdEchelonUser.ini.  You just alter it with certain values mapped to button configurations.

Actually, I found some lists of all you can do.  At GameFAQs.com and Gamewinners.com, under the PC section.  All the PC cheats should work on the XBox game.

Since you're editing an actual game system file, it won't get overwritten.  But, the trick is that you have to be able to rip it off of the disc.

I just used dvd2xbox to make the conversion.  Takes about five minutes, but it works well.

xgpu

• Archived User
Ini Hacks?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

ok, I'll give it a try but the files I alter are usually the "gamename.ini" files which are more associated with graphical changes.  I tried to alter the user.ini files once for Unreal Championship and ripped it to the hard drive and changed the defuser.ini and the user.ini and the controll changes never took effect.  After noticing the UC.ini and RainbowSix.ini I realized that, those were more worth taking a look at because, that's where the graphics options are housed.  I tried changing values in those files and nothing...I'd imagine it to be the same with Splinter Cell since, they are all working off of the unreal engine.  I just didn't know if you had to clear cache or sign the ini files.  I know with Wolfenstien people were making cfg changes (similar to ini files) and they had to sign the cfg files in such a way as to make the game think that, that was the default.cfg file so it wouldn't get overwritten.  

Lucied

• Archived User
Ini Hacks?
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

I would think the Unreal Championship ini would work.  As long as you were editing the default settings.

See, what I found when looking at the KOTOR and SC:PT ini files is, they have the full mappings for PC and XBox.  The thing with Pandora Tomorrow is, all the "cheats" area already mapped to PC keyboard buttons.  Well, I take that back, not all of them.  At least I don't think so.
But the game is built to allow the user to modify that file on the PC.  Since it's built for PC and ported to XBox, I'm sure they didn't bother changing that.  I mean, the user isn't supposed to be able to get access to that file to edit it wink.gif

So, you just add those special cheat mappings, and save it.  The game won't overwrite the file.  Or shouldn't.  I mean, to overwrite the file, the game needs to have the default somewhere.  And if it's already somewhere else, why not just read it off of there and get rid of the file to begin with?  So I would think that if the file is being overwritten, that there is something elsewhere that is doing it.  Why they would need to duplicate the file contents, I have no clue.  Maybe Online and Offline settings are in different folders, and then must sync up with each other?

BinaryMod

• Archived User
Ini Hacks?
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 07:04:00 AM »

From a different post by me:

You can go download the trainer for the game if you want. I believe it is ThirdEchelonUser.ini You might be able to download it from the "Evox Trainer Depository" or something like that. just search in a search engine.

All you have to do is swap it out with the existing .ini file. If you want to change the controls ect - like which buttons to hit to make you invisible- open up the .ini file in a text editor and swap out the values for the controlers.

The .ini file clearly labels invisible, invincible, ammo ect. However to change the speed you have to go hunting a little bit inside the .ini file - i forget where it is, but i did mine so he runs a lot faster, and when he is crouching he can go as fast as running, and still be quiet. If you want to change the speed and its not in ThirdEchelonUser.ini, then there should be another .ini file inside the SAME EXACT directory. I think it is folder "OFFLINE" I forget which file but it is definitely a .ini

Hope it helps.