xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rainbow Six 3 Glitch Question  (Read 125 times)

Mnp188

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3 Glitch Question
« on: October 21, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

Is it possible to get on the roof on airport 1 without standby button? If so, how?

sysparadox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »

pull out your network cable for 8 or 9 seconds and plug it back in

Drummer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

Ok, you need to do something at least similar to a stand by effect. The way you do that is by disrupting the internet connection for your xbox, but making your xbox think that you are still connected. First locate the ethernet cord plugged into the back of your xbox. You have to make sure that both ends are connected, and remain connected. Now pull a plug, it could be in your hub or switch, or something else, so that the internet is cut off from your xbox. It times out in about 12-15 seconds. It takes about 9-10 seconds to get on the roof.

xboxmodder2005

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 02:05:00 AM »

Ok this is how you do it in XBC.  Go to the ladder.  Press the B button to get onto it.  Once you are on it, goto your PC and while pressing the left thumb stick upwards, click on end game in XBC.  Count to 6 or 7, then re-enter that same game.  Your are now on the roof and you didn't unplug a cable or touch your modem.  Enjoy that one your fucking cheaters!!!!!

This post has been edited by xboxmodder2005: Nov 22 2004, 10:07 AM

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 02:39:00 AM »

That stand by shit is how they're cheating on Halo 2 on xbox live now... it really pisses me off.

They should do something about it.

Digital Marine

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »

Well, im guessing if they were to fix it, they would have to come out with Xbox Live 4.0 (no shit), and they would have something checking for packets to make sure that you dont pull out your cat5 cable.  And if you keep pinging you will eventually lag up like crazy.  If they did a ping to MS servers during your gameplay it will take all your bandwidth inless you had a kick ass connection.  But if they did a ping to localhost, then most routers would probably read that as a MS-Dos attact and my router will block that IP until its unblocked.  So if they were to do pings, it would probably lag everyone.  But maybe they can just ping 127.0.0.1, which is the local computer/Xbox (thats if you noobs didnt know that), it shouldnt lag you up, and still make sure the cat5 cable is still in.  Im not sure if any of this would work, its just my thinking.  But I dont care, I dont have Halo 2, I have Rainbow Six 3, and I can still kill all them stand-by people...

Hostile Wolf

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

Im unplugging the cord but I just end up going up the ladder and walking into the wall.