xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rb6 Homebrewn Online  (Read 325 times)

Trailer

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2004, 01:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (skit_____ @ Jun 2 2004, 09:19 AM)
this kid is a joke.

no i actually think ure the joke! hes basically said what ive said and that is that it isnt possible! why do some people keep thinking its possibly to do? you know u cant run unsigned code on a original BIOS so  why waste your time trying to do this when you know ure not gonna do it unless someone finds the signature code.

sorry to ruin ya dreams unsure.gif

Trailer

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2004, 02:10:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

PHR3AKSTORM

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »

Chillin...You just have to put the rsm and ini files in the main rb6 maps folder and the int files into the system folder.  Also put any static meshes and textures into the same main rb6 folders.  However, there is some tweaking that has to be done to a PC map (I don't know how to do it yet, some do and they are not talkin')before it will work on an xbox and some just can't be ported due to size and some other issues.  But any maps that you get that are homebrews or ports that are said to be for the xbox will work when put in the right folders.    This may not be what you were trying to do but I couldn't really tell from your post exactly what you were wanting.  Hope it helps.

Trailer

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 06:49:00 AM »

no i dont think u understand, he wants to be able to run the games without having the game copied on his HDD and so he can ahve the maps in the tdata folder so it appears on the game as downloaded content, so he can run the maps from the rs3 disk.

Trailer

Mr. Peabody

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

MS doesn't sign every binary file and folder in the file system. They sign your xbe.

If you guys still need a hand for getting this to work on Live, just send me a PM.

Syngori

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Trailer sounds very ignorant....

I am sure this can be done because the only files that are signed are executables like the xbe...  saying the map is signed is like saying all the bitmaps, and sounds are signed...not so.

This could be possible I think if you made the custom map "appear" to be the same as the original map (as in replace the original map)....  thats my guess..

xahur

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2004, 11:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (Syngori @ Jun 14 2004, 02:00 PM)
Trailer sounds very ignorant....

How is that?

MS sings executables yes...
But they allso sign XBL content.. That in this case being maps.

WHen the game check the maps, it checks all maps not in game from retail for that signature.. Whatever aint signed wont work..

This doesnt go for syslink, though, as you wont need the maps signed for them to work there.

So as Trailer, and all the others have said, untill we c it done: It cant be done!

newbreed

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

pussErox

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »

Did you ever have any luck with this?
Pages: 1 [2]