xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Dash On Windows  (Read 448 times)

DarkDeity

• Archived User
Xbox Dash On Windows
« on: July 18, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

think it somehow posiible for someone to write up a new windows sghell...so windows boots n instead of a windows desktop u c somet like the xbox dash where u go up n down with keyboard keys or on controller....

let us edit menu or somet n make it so i can boot it up go into games load up a game like nfs-u of the hd but instead of start menu it is the same style n working like xbox

u can make an option to revert to desktop if u need to i guesse

i reckon wud b koooolll for things like lan party with an xbox pc with pc games lol

change the windows xp boot screen to xbox boot logo (with style xp 2 or somet)

it wud b wicked

dont htink it too hard either

i know the last thread was locked but i think there MAY be a way for this to happen, though i can't see why you would want to.  A program like Desktop X that changes how windows looks would be my first thought.  You can Hex Edit Explorer.exe to acustom this.  i hexed it to say Dave instead of Start on the start menu :) so maybe this idea isn't to farfetched...

This post has been edited by DarkDeity on Jul 18 2004, 08:03 PM

antiflag1980

• Archived User
Xbox Dash On Windows
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

Isn't that what XP Media Center edition is like, with a remote instead of a controller and media instead of games?

oswald

• Archived User
Xbox Dash On Windows
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

wrong forum

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
Xbox Dash On Windows
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (DarkDeity @ Jul 18 2004, 02:02 PM)
i know the last thread was locked but i think there MAY be a way for this to happen, though i can't see why you would want to.  A program like Desktop X that changes how windows looks would be my first thought.  You can Hex Edit Explorer.exe to acustom this.  i hexed it to say Dave instead of Start on the start menu :) so maybe this idea isn't to farfetched...

They used to do this, mostly before windows. Here are some old ones.
I know allot of the net cafe software have menu systems that float on windows.

I don't see a point to rewrighting windows explorer to have a menu, when you could even use a simple VB app and call the applications.

Cryptic_Night

• Archived User
Xbox Dash On Windows
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 07:37:00 AM »

I'd actuall really like to see a DesktopX file like an Xboxdashboard with animations and all. It would be interesting.

Actually with writting this post, I got an idea. Use something like Yz's Toolbar or Objectdock for the menu (Yz's would porbably be easier to mod). Create the different options inside the toolbar and enable the 'magnify on roll-over' effect but mod it so that only the one item comes cloer.

Disable start menu, place a background of the menu minus the icons and go nuts.

yaazz

• Archived User
Xbox Dash On Windows
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »

just port MXM to windows...

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Xbox Dash On Windows
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »

xbmp and xbmc are written to emulate the look of XP MCE

so it would not look like the xbox dash