xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Running The Xbox Os On A Pc  (Read 1035 times)

douwd

• Archived User
Running The Xbox Os On A Pc
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »

I guess everything could be done..

But it would take a shitload, shitload, shitload of time..

aint gonna happen imo.

C4TRMNTOR

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2004, 04:10:00 AM »

Hey Maddogthesahr, definitley work on this as much as possible, with as many people as possible that could figure this out (the more the better). I know for a fact that the source code for Xbox has not been leaked and probably never will. You should work/talk with the creator of the CXBX emulator and the creator of the Xenon (or Xeon - can't remember) emulator; I think the two are working together now. They've made some impressive leaps in Xbox emulation on a PC and they'd be the perfect people to work with (along with people at your college). And also about the legality thing, even if it is illegal to do this, that doesn't hinder your (or others) work on it, you can still try stuff and get things accomplished, it's not like MS is looking over your shoulder while you're creating this. Many amazing things can be accomplished. Just look at everyone who has a Debug/Development Kit, it's illegal for them to have it in their possesion (unless they're part of a game developing company), and they create awesome homebrew games and apps all the time for the Xbox hacking/modding scene. Just don't advertise it around to people that may be an asshole and report you to authorities or whatever. If you are successful, you can always distribute it to "the usual places". This is a very interesting and possibly a feasable thing that could happen. BTW this should be posted in the DEVELOPMENT forum section too, so homebrew developers can see this and possibly help you and give you insight on the topic. Good luck with this whole thing and I hope there's some advancement towards the Xbox OS running on a PC.

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (Maddogthesahr @ Feb 18 2004, 02:42 AM)
Thanks for backing me up on the noob side guys.
But as Egox was saying less features to run, more stabil OS.
I Just don't think any windows where ment for gaming.
If i was MS then i would make, for an exampel, a directx OS whit no DHCP services running in the background or something else.
And yes i know that you can disable services etc. etc. but to make a dedicated gaming OS would be great.
And thats why i thought that the xbox OS (which has "standard" pc hardware inside) could be an option.
Thus i think that it on some level would be possible to make some drivers for it.

Now i rest my case, thx guys.

*hint* *hint*

learn how to install and use XP Embedded and you can have th OS of your dreams,
the OS creation tool for Embedded allows you to install ONLY the services and options you want..
so yes it CAN make a DirectX/OpenGL only Windows XP with NO networking no Internet Explorer,, no nothing just a gui and all your hard ware drivers.

now imagine how games and benchmarks would run under those situations.

although i wouldnt recomend removing the networking,, keep it,, youll regret it if you dont have any netowrking capabilities.

think of installing linux as the way Embedded installs.    its not the same but you can pick and choose every single tiny little feature you want installed.

JusKickNit

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »

He Guy's we got this now the Gentoo game cd. They only have released two games(america's army and UT2003 demo). But you put the cd in your pc and it boot's strait to the game.

Ebay.God

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2004, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (c_poussard @ Feb 26 2004, 01:54 AM)
if u want your xbox to look like your PC, then rip the guts out of the xbox...buy a PC case and put it in there!!!

then get a xga box and let it convert RGB/component/composite to your PC monitor

TA DA!!

thats all i have to say

peace out

You didnt read anything in this whole thread did you.

blackbishop

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »

I guess he didn't.

But not a bad idea either.

The hard ware requirements would be minimal but if you are going to emulate the system  I for see it runing nativlay on a 64 bit processor.

shortstuff22090

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »

maybe porting the xbox os isnt the best idea.  maybe a better one is to make a whole new os like based on linux that is only for games.  no other shit involved.  just have it load kernel then boot to a menu with games on it

blackbishop

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

Emulating the hardware aspect of the Xbox would be minumal to run the Xbox OS.  Dont expect to run any games on it.

You can take something like Boch's for the cpu code and up it to the 733 mhz speed and and take the virtural dirve code too.  But the hard thing would be to emulate the Video and sound.

It wont be impossiable to do just hard to do.

If I had more hardware level coding experiance I would try this.

EgoX

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2004, 04:14:00 AM »

That would be even harder cus the OS doesn't have a look  wink.gif

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

Wow, its been a couple of weeks since i've looked at this topic.  After reading my posting, and the comments to it, I can see I was very rude.  Sorry.  I musta had a bad day or something when i wrote that.  Now after reading the rest of the post, I still think porting the xbox os is a bad idea, but building a new os, meant for gaming only is a wonderful idea.  

Again very sorry for the rude/ignorant post a while back, I didn't realize it sounded so bad.  I'm really not a bad person.

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

ohmy.gif havent you guys learned anything? nothing is impossible. if is human made is not impossible , you can run XBox OS on your PC , you can run XBox Games on your PC , you can hack MS and steal bill gates credit card and buy yourself a Ferrari , you can have sex with the olsen Twins  ohmy.gif , you just have to put your mind into it and beat the system. blink.gif

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »

Actually the closest thing is to download DesktopX, here.

And download this skin, here..

That's probably the closest you're ever going to get.

user posted image

betaluva

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »

can someone tell me how to copy the xboxOS from the hardrive, call me a noob ,i dont care! , i was thinking that maybe you could run xboxOS with a custom version of bochs.

Dephyre

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2004, 05:41:00 AM »

ftp the folders: xboxdash & xboxdashdata, & xboxdash.xbe

p.s.
Someone PLEASE bump this thread.

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

im not gunna say its impossible, but valid points have been made that would cause this to be on helluva job coding it to work.
audio video and such, need to be emulated.

not to mention the xboxdash files ,,, well hell
the only way right now or in the near future unless your a friggin programming GOD, to make ANYTHING xbox run on your pc would be to use the Xbox XDK, which is not legal to have or own unless you got it thru legal means or are an xbox programmer,
im not saying it cant be done but with all the xbox coding guys here, your a noob and you want to try this, which is a cool thing, but your way in over your head my friend, and it sounds like you have little to no coding knowledge.
all xbox files are pripriatary code, you would have to do some serious emulating, cuz there isnt a way to run xbox code on a PC, unless ran thru the XDK.

that xbox dashboard skin for XP is sweet!  i signed up for an account at Wincustomize. but of course the stupid confirmation email seems like its gunna take forever so i cant download the skin,, i wanna try it out, looks awesome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4