xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pgr2 Not Booting  (Read 109 times)

Rooble

• Archived User
Pgr2 Not Booting
« on: January 23, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

Ok, well, ive been using Live now for like a month, havent bothered with KAI for a while... decided to show a freind what it was like to mod cars and stuff on KAI but for some reason project doesnt seem to boot... at first it would hang at the loading screen with the dots whizzing along.. then i decided to delete it, and reinstall project... with no success, kept saying dirty disc.. then i decided to remove the XBL dl content that i got... and still said dirty disc.. then i complety killed the E drive, with all the save games etc... and now it doesnt seem to get past the evo loading screen..... any ideas?

Rooble

• Archived User
Pgr2 Not Booting
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 07:09:00 AM »

Hmm, updated my bios today.. decided to see if i could copy PGR2 over to the drive, but  now it fails to copy the file BUFFER1. Also if i try and download the whole DVD to my PC, it just timeouts in smartFTP , and stops the connection... then i take out the pgr2 disc, and it makes some wierd ass noise, like something is whizzing, and then a sort of grinding, i havent opened it up, but its really odd... this noise only came about after i updated the bios.. and pgr2 still plays from the CD normally, without a fault.. any ideas? dodgey bios somehow?

Neilor

• Archived User
Pgr2 Not Booting
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »

Buffer1 is just a filler (large useless file to avoid burning out your DVD), if you just copy the rest of the disk with a filemanager you should be good to go.