xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Adding Custom Cars  (Read 180 times)

beefmank

• Archived User
Adding Custom Cars
« on: July 26, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »

if we can manually add content download cars, like from sniperkilla's pack, is it possible to add our own car models/textures/settings, completely creating new vehicles for use with PGR2?

theoretically, it seems possible, we just need a program that can understand the PGR2 car file structure, or at least a program that can convert models from 3ds to the pgr structure...

just an idea.
-beefmank  <

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Adding Custom Cars
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (beefmank @ Jul 27 2004, 12:06 AM)
if we can manually add content download cars, like from sniperkilla's pack, is it possible to add our own car models/textures/settings, completely creating new vehicles for use with PGR2?

theoretically, it seems possible, we just need a program that can understand the PGR2 car file structure, or at least a program that can convert models from 3ds to the pgr structure...

just an idea.
-beefmank

Its possible if u coded the game.  <

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Adding Custom Cars
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

I wouldn't go as far as to say, it's only possible if you coded the game, that's just not right.  If you have the time, and the skills, you can start to understand the format of the model files and such, once you do that, you can start to figure out how import them into other programs, modify, and return to the original format.  Just look at the DOA, SC2, Halo [I don't really follow this, but I don't recall them every having any kind of help from Bungie or M$), GTA series (I remember 'back in the day', modding the fuck out of GTA3 on PC, and then Vice damn near the day after it was pre-released a week early [granted, they didn't really change much in the model files, just the reflection map was stored with the particular model, as aposed to a global reflection map like gta3 had], fuck, anyway.  

Kind of got side-tracked there.  Basically, it is theoretically possible, and if someone, or some people are determined to figure it out, it's only a matter of time.  <

raspo_no

• Archived User
Adding Custom Cars
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (thetruethugg @ Aug 1 2004, 04:56 AM)
if someone, or some people are determined to figure it out, it's only a matter of time.

if someone, or some people are determined to figure it out, it's only a matter of time.

Makes sense but these people are working on more important things such as the theory of space travel....      What your saying is possible for anything. If someone, or some people are determined.... we could have whole new levels for Star Wars Kotor and the xbox mafia would change the code for the fabric of time and make all things todo with xbox free and... and....

Get your head out of the clouds....  <

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Adding Custom Cars
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 07:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (thetruethugg @ Aug 1 2004, 04:56 AM)
I wouldn't go as far as to say, it's only possible if you coded the game, that's just not right.  If you have the time, and the skills, you can start to understand the format of the model files and such, once you do that, you can start to figure out how import them into other programs, modify, and return to the original format.  Just look at the DOA, SC2, Halo [I don't really follow this, but I don't recall them every having any kind of help from Bungie or M$), GTA series (I remember 'back in the day', modding the fuck out of GTA3 on PC, and then Vice damn near the day after it was pre-released a week early [granted, they didn't really change much in the model files, just the reflection map was stored with the particular model, as aposed to a global reflection map like gta3 had], fuck, anyway. 

Kind of got side-tracked there.  Basically, it is theoretically possible, and if someone, or some people are determined to figure it out, it's only a matter of time.

Then you better open the car files in a hex-editor. Mostlikely you don't know what mesh means if you still mean that this is fully duable.

Yes, its possible, but its not a figure of time as you say, its a figure of skill. GTA3 is another game, built diffrently. Do you really think all data is the same?!

Only way to do this is to have the asembly code, either by cracking it or beeing the one that has written it. - And I don't believe you or anyone here can crack the asembly signature, since you didn't check or understand that.

This post has been edited by DOS4GW: Aug 1 2004, 02:38 PM <

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Adding Custom Cars
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »

Yes, I know what the mesh is.  And, when did I ever say that GTA3 and PGR2 have the same data?  That's right, never.  They don't share the same data, but learning how the data is stored for each game, uses relitively the same techniques (although, GTA3 uses dff for model files, which is a native format of... fuck, forgot the name of the software, but I mean, they kind of had a head start)..

But that's irrelavant, all I was saying, is, don't so boldy say it's only possible if you've coded the game, that's all I was saying.  It can be done, if someone with the skills and time wants to do it, although, by the time they get anywhere, we could very well be playing the next generation of consoles.

And raspo, shut the fuck up, you're just being rediculous.  Software is nowhere near as complex as the mathmatical fabric of everything in existence, not to mention, it has absolutely nothing to do what we're talking about here anway.

Anyway, don't mean to start shit if it may seem that way (and it probably does).  Just, it's possible, it may be difficult and time consuming, but it is possible (yes, that does apply to alot of things).  <

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Adding Custom Cars
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (thetruethugg @ Aug 1 2004, 04:22 PM)
Yes, I know what the mesh is.  And, when did I ever say that GTA3 and PGR2 have the same data?  That's right, never.  They don't share the same data, but learning how the data is stored for each game, uses relitively the same techniques (although, GTA3 uses dff for model files, which is a native format of... fuck, forgot the name of the software, but I mean, they kind of had a head start)..

But that's irrelavant, all I was saying, is, don't so boldy say it's only possible if you've coded the game, that's all I was saying.  It can be done, if someone with the skills and time wants to do it, although, by the time they get anywhere, we could very well be playing the next generation of consoles.

And raspo, shut the fuck up, you're just being rediculous.  Software is nowhere near as complex as the mathmatical fabric of everything in existence, not to mention, it has absolutely nothing to do what we're talking about here anway.

Anyway, don't mean to start shit if it may seem that way (and it probably does).  Just, it's possible, it may be difficult and time consuming, but it is possible (yes, that does apply to alot of things).

Then we agree.

I must correct you slightly on one mather. I never said its ONLY possible if you coded the game. I said its possible if you coded the game. That leaves the door open for cracking.

However, the ONLY way to do this is either my having access to the sourcecode or cracking it.  <

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Adding Custom Cars
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004, 10:49:00 AM »

unsure.gif

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Adding Custom Cars
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (thetruethugg @ Aug 1 2004, 06:52 PM)
Alright, well then sorry for the missunderstanding, somehow, I often read things incorrectly, I don't know how, but I always do it. unsure.gif

No harm done mate wink.gif