xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Pgr2 Downloadable Content Pack 2 Coming Very Soon!  (Read 630 times)

dem1980

• Archived User
Pgr2 Downloadable Content Pack 2 Coming Very Soon!
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

1 Very Fast Bonus Car..... wink.gif

which one it is ???
all black subaru ???

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

sure wish i could get that paris pack...... cough cough...

and those cars sounds friggin awesome!!!

wish i could get the new tracks to work for single player.

cars are available for time trials,, so,, not much fun except for ghost racing. but thats the original car/track pack.

which is odd cuz it has paris tracks in it, just cant use them

unless the guy who gave me the pack can verify that it was the paris pak,,, and not the original pak...

the f150 is new,, ferarri dino,, uhm  old camaro,,  is this the old or new pack guys.,  i dont see the dodge ram or the viper or the other cars...

revello

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2004, 03:38:00 AM »

so what's up guys, is it possible to get access to the long beach cars on hdd, or not?
i mean you can't simply use the known tutorial for paris cars because you have to create a new car group (like supercars, track specials...), and i don't know which id i should use (like for paris cars: id=1014)

Please i wan't to get those cars running.

And there is no way to say that i should read the forum cause i did and there was nearly nothing about how to get the long beach cars workin

greets

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »

Works on the hdd? Sure it works on the hdd. Thats where it lands when downloaded from Live.

How to get it working? Ftp your xbox/pgr2 folder and compare the files there with the files you have got in your hand.

revello

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2004, 02:45:00 AM »

yeah i know xb live brings the cars onto e:/TDATA (or UDTATA, whatever...)

there is no problem with getting the cars, yeah i got them but now if i wan't to transfer all the long beach cars on my second xbox i go like in the manual of paris cars.

but

i have to create a new car-category (like i said, e.g. tracks specials = car category), otherwise i can'T use my long beach cars, can i? (except i already got the live pack on THAT xbox)

so please how can i create such a car category? as i said it was simple with the paris cars cause in the manual you could read how to create the category.

thx for help

edit: or maybe i transfer my profile from xbox1 (where i already can play with long beach cars) to xbox2, so the cars from the update folder are no longer locked (explanation: you always load them for free via xbox live when pgr2 says there's an update available and you just pay 5$ for the license to use them)

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »

Have you paid 5$ for the download from live or have you downloaded it free some where else? Its no shame to tell, hehe.

If you download it from Live this should be done automaticly.

If not, I've sendt you a spesific list how to import the cars in the menus.

And just for the record:

pak_hrd files goes in /Cashe/cars/
pak goes in /Cashe/objects/

camera_settings and dcontentcars goes in /CarDynamics/

dat, xwb, LongBeach inis, and sterio.ini goes in /data/audio/

CarColours.Ini, CarKeys.Ini, Cars.Ini, Cities.Ini, Classes.Ini, Manufacturers.ini, races.ini, and Long Beach Frontend Maps.dat goes in /Frontend/

Edit: But if you paied for the content via Live, its saved in your Live account, so you can download it with no further charge as many times you like. Just insall your Live account on your other Xbox.

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

hmmm
i didnt use:
Cities.Ini,  Manufacturers.ini, races.ini, Long Beach Frontend Maps.dat
i still got all my cars working of course...
what use are these files?
i thought the new maps didnt  function correctly?
did i miss somthing?
sorry i havent read up onthis sence the first pack.

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »

I'm sure you didn't for just making a new car class.

EverReadyEverWil

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

OK....
I have the Paris and Longbeach Expansions FTped from my other xbox and I got the Paris cars on but when i try to put the carcolors.ini in it freezes on start up. I have made my own colors and had PGR2 work. The cars work (I eddited there colors)

With the longbeach I put the cars in and I see the Lonbeach Catagory but when i Highlight it the game freezes. and when I add there colors the games freezes on start up?

What am i doing wrong?

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »

Dude. Never edit carcolours.ini. First, only your local xbox is going to see the colour you have changed. Second, you're most likey to fuck the whole thing up.

It will, when done corretly, show ok on your xbox, but if you ever system link or go live you should remember that all your car info, etc.,  is put in an arrey and sent to the reciever wich doesn't have the same values. This means that you'll be driving with your own customized car colour, but the others will see a diffrent colour.

If you add or change the order of one colour, every single colour is going to be show as different for your opponents.

In short words, if you want it shown correctly, the edited file must be identical on all xboxes you are linking with.

If your xbox freezes you fucked it. There are so many followups on how to install the content, where to place the files, and how to edit it. If you haven't managed it based on whats written, god knows how can help you.

Dolfhin

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »

Would the knowledge gained by hacking this pack be useful to hack Xbox Live content for other games?

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »

You can use one colour on annother car tho. Open cars.ini and look at the end of each car. If there is a colour on one car you'd like to use on annother, find the car with the colour, look at the colour name, copy the text and past it on to the car you like. No worries for placing here, cars.ini is not put in an arrey as carcolours.ini is. So go ahead and mix cars and colours.

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (Dolfhin @ Aug 22 2004, 01:54 AM)
Would the knowledge gained by hacking this pack be useful to hack Xbox Live content for other games?

Yes. Both default.xbe and downloader.xbe search trough the files with contentmeta.xbx. You can disable the checking of file size and date. There is also a date check for pgr2, but so far I haven't seen that in the other games contents.

Dolfhin

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2004, 09:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (DOS4GW @ Aug 22 2004, 05:16 PM)
Yes. Both default.xbe and downloader.xbe search trough the files with contentmeta.xbx. You can disable the checking of file size and date. There is also a date check for pgr2, but so far I haven't seen that in the other games contents.

Cool dude I'm really looking forward to the next progness you make!

That would rock for the many 56K user out here that have acces to broadband else where but can't take their Xbox to there, All the people that have no credit card (it might be normal to have one in America but almost nobody uses it in Europe so we would have to pay extra to get a creditcard ohmy.gif, all the dailup users on flat line (e.g the whole day online withouth extra costs but 56 speed) and the other low band users or people that can't take live for another reason!

If i can help you in someway just connect me I don't have Live but i do have 2 Live enabled games that have been updated (Brute force and MidTown Madness) so if you need a orginal file from the DVD just connect me biggrin.gif

Ja33a

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

If someone could "PM" me where i can find these packs for PGR2

Thanx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4