xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Converting Pc Mods To The Xbox  (Read 478 times)

Oaka

• Archived User
Converting Pc Mods To The Xbox
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Apr 3 2005, 02:25 PM)
Or you can just make a shortcut in favorites. Open up any folder and type, for example, ftp://xbox:[email protected]/ for the address.  (substituting your xbox's ip number for the 192.168.0.2 part, of course) Then, go to favorites / add to favorites and choose something like 'xbox' for the name of the link. You have to go back and right-click the shortcut and go to properties and re-insert the 'xbox:xbox@' part once, for some reason; but from then on, you have a shortcut in favorites where all you have to to is click it to move files to/from your xbox as easy as file browsing on your computer. I've absolutely no idea why people don't just suggest this instead of downloading flashfxp.  It's much easier.

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Oaka @ Apr 3 2005, 11:53 PM)
I see. Well, my brother is on the XBOX right now, thus I can't get the IP address. I tried to click yours, and it kept deleting the xbox:xbox@ part, and saying I didn't have permission to view it. How do I know it wont say that on mine, when I get to try?

Oaka

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Apr 3 2005, 11:56 PM)
A) The short answer is that you don't know. I don't know what could be mis-set on your machine. You do need a mod of some sort before you can even ftp to your xbox, of course. The password part is supposed to disappear from the address bar every time, but not from the shortcut that you make.  That's why you have to go back and re-type it into the shortcut one time.  The cable that you use is called a 'crossover cable', and the electronics store should know what that is. The forum that you will need to go to to find out this basic beginning stuff is the newbie forum.

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

That's really quite off topic for this forum.  It's complicated, and you need to know what type of xbox you have, so you know where to solder the wires. Especially if you're new to the idea of soldering, I would not attempt that.  If you don't know how to neatly drop a conductive solder on electronics, I would see if there's a modchip installer within acceptable traveling or even vacation distance to you.  The next time you travel or go on vacation, drop the box and chip off and have them do it. (Make sure they're reputable first, so that you do not get ripped off.)  You could ruin your xbox if you do not understand electronics soldering, and who wants to shell out another hundred bucks?

moose544

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »

Ok, I guess im just stupid, but will someone please tell me do i need a modchip to convert pc mods to xbox, and if i do tell me the one i need to get, where to get it and at the best price, and how to do it, because i know thats abut all the modding im going to do to my xbox.

Now i need someone to tell me how to get a connection established between the pc and xbox, do you do it through the ethernet port or what? and then how do you get the computer to recognize it?

Im a newbie so i really ned some help and would really apreceite it if someone would help me! Thanx

Oaka

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Apr 4 2005, 03:22 PM)
That's really quite off topic for this forum.  It's complicated, and you need to know what type of xbox you have, so you know where to solder the wires. Especially if you're new to the idea of soldering, I would not attempt that.  If you don't know how to neatly drop a conductive solder on electronics, I would see if there's a modchip installer within acceptable traveling or even vacation distance to you.  The next time you travel or go on vacation, drop the box and chip off and have them do it. (Make sure they're reputable first, so that you do not get ripped off.)  You could ruin your xbox if you do not understand electronics soldering, and who wants to shell out another hundred bucks?

Oaka

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Oaka @ Apr 7 2005, 02:02 PM)
I see. Well, I MIGHT have a XBOX v.13 since it was made in China, and in SOmething 2003. I checked the xbox-linux's XBOX guide, but that's not 100% accurate, since I should open up the XBOX to be 100%.

GabrielRayven

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2005, 10:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(rhl958 @ Apr 2 2005, 09:20 PM)
1. You do not need Morrowind PC

GabrielRayven

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(rhl958 @ Mar 12 2005, 08:47 PM)
For those that have a hard time converting there Morrowind PC mods over to the Xbox Look no further.

conan26

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »

OK,
rhl, or anyone else out there with success on this,  grifter?
ive got everything down using tedsk and ftping my xbox, all using this guide and a few others,  and i think of everything ive learned i may have missed the stupidest part,  in your tutorial rhl it does not (i believe) tell you where to put meshes, textures and other folders besides what to do with the esp file.  Did i miss something here? can you just transfer them over to a certain place? I looked for any folders to put them but found none nor believed it would be the correct procedure anyway
thanx in advance for the help

grifter66

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »

See this topic I just created on this:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=394817

th3rdeye420

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2005, 08:47:00 AM »

In the pc version of Morrowind I know all you had to do was create a folder called Override and it would load the mods. In KotoR 2 the same thing was true. Now in th GOTY edition of Morrowind can you make this folder. If you cant then I doubt the house mods will work has anyone tried this?

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(th3rdeye420 @ Jun 8 2005, 08:58 AM)
In the pc version of Morrowind I know all you had to do was create a folder called Override and it would load the mods. In KotoR 2 the same thing was true. Now in th GOTY edition of Morrowind can you make this folder. If you cant then I doubt the house mods will work has anyone tried this?

th3rdeye420

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »

awesome do you happen to have the humble abode? I love that one

Renobu

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »

Hey I'd just like to say another big thanks to grifter66 and everyone thats put so much work into making tutorials available for people like me to follow.

Now onto the problems:

I have hex edited my .xbe, and have better bodies and better heads working (thanks to Nightelf). I have successfully converted a mod that adds some armour and clothes to Caldera (black robe and raven armour if you're interested) and that is working. Using the exact same method of conversion, I tried Anastasio The Greats Hideout (which grifter66 apparently got working). The game loads fine, the modifications to Eldafires house are in place, I found the door but everytime I try to load it (ie go into the hideout itself) I get a DDE.

Here is my method for conversion (it is directly from the How To):
- copy Morrowind.esm to PC
- load the mods .esp into TESDTK
- remove Tribunal and Bloodmoon dependencies
- update to xbox version of morrowind.esm
- ESP - ESM (I have discovered from reading the forums that this step may not be necessary)

Also, all textures, icons etc are in the Data Files in the game directory where they should be, in their correct folders.

Questions:

(1) What is a DDE most likely to mean (ie not missing textures because that just turns things into exclamation marks)?

(2) In my experience there are two types of 'not working' mods: ones that cause a DDE or freeze while the game is loading for the first time; and ones that allow the game to load but cause a DDE or freeze when you interact with the modified part of the game (such as trying to enter the hideout).
When you say you have got a mod working, what exactly do you mean (more precisely, have you fully tested whether the modified parts work, or just got the game to load)?

I suppose that last question was really for grifter66 as he said he got Anastasios working, and I thought I did too before I actually tried entering the hideout.

(3) It seems to me that the 'conversion' process just fixes dependencies, and if there are wrong dependancies in a mod then the game won't load. But what if it does load and other things go wrong during gameplay? Where can we go from there? A rather open ended question that I expect is difficult to answer. Input much appreciated though.

(4) My save game is 152 blocks at present. Will this affect the ability of mods to work or will it just decrease the stability of my game overall?

Finally, thanks to everyone who contributes here, and a definitive list of all tuts and methods of conversion really should be stickied.  beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4