xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Morrowind Goty Modding?  (Read 1502 times)

Xerik

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »

We'll hexing is for people that don't want to buy or download the morrowind pc files.  I already bought the Xbox version.  I think many people would be happy with a silly hex edit, rather than merging all thier files together all over the place.

chirurg... try using Textpad, its a shareware text/hex editor.

Just open up morrowind.xbe as a text file and run a search what I suggested.  You will see alot of garbage, just ignore it and look at what the search returns.  use find next to find past the first one.  Be careful to not add or delete any characters, just overwrite the Z with a D.  

Hammy.. yes the mods work, but we dont want to always copy to cache/ or merge files from PC's .esm.  

This post has been edited by Xerik: Dec 3 2004, 05:03 AM

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »

if you wanted to change the pathes for mod you could just download the ppf patch, plain and simple, no hexing.

Kalix 626

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

how do i get mods to work on  my morrowind GOTY  without owning the pc versions please help thank u  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :ph34r:  

Xerik

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

Heh, i hate to ask, but where is the .ppf file by any chance?

I'm assuming a ppf file is legal on these boards?

I was looking for morrowind stuff for a while and never found it, or else I probably wouldn't have resorted to hexing.

Kalix 626,  read the entire thread.  
Your answer is clearly in there multiple times.  

This post has been edited by Xerik: Dec 4 2004, 09:48 PM

Kalix 626

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »

sooooooo ummmm im a huge newb and i was wondering if i got some woodelf heads and i want to put them on my xbox how do i get to all that mumbo jumbo like the cachse thingy and put them on there im sorry fer bugging you but im desperate have u seen the wood elf heads uuuuuuuuuugly............thanks.....................

chirurg

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif
Did someone made it work for him?
Textures of the world are great and the game runs smooth but after playing more than 5 seconds the game is crashing sad.gif

lhb12778

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2004, 01:02:00 AM »

Hexxing seems more trouble than it's worth...mine never crashes...lol

chirurg

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2004, 07:36:00 AM »

So you are saying that you have installed VISUAL PACK??
I mean all the world textures in ultra high res not the better bodies or heads

Jimi_84

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2004, 04:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xerik @ Nov 22 2004, 07:37 AM)
New Strategy..
Doesn't Invovle using PC esm files or always copying to the cache directory.

For goty.

As stupid as this sounds.. open up morrowind.xbe in a hex editor.  Now search for Z:\ ,
replace the first , third, fifth , and seventh instances of Z:\ with D:\

this should be Z:\
Z:\Data Files\
Z:\Data Files\%s
Z:\Data Files\Meshes

The thinking here is that since D:\ is the game "disc" we can force morrowind to look there instead of its cache files.

And it works.

What about if I'm running Morrowind Goty from my harddrive? Should I replace Z:\ with  
f:\games\morrowind?

Jimi_84

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2004, 05:53:00 AM »

Oh nevermind.. It works just as Xerik told, thanks a lot!

Yad2ckrU

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2004, 07:33:00 AM »

Xerik you are saying Better Bodies + Seamless wors perfect but when I install Better Bods + Seamless (underwere) it wont load the textures just the meshes so I get Green/Yellow/all colors of the rainbow messed up characters. WHen I do it without seamless It wont find the meshes so all body parts become big !!!!!!. How can I make this mod work?

lhb12778

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »

Ok, I have been testing this whole Hex editing method and so far, no success...i've tried several mods, then tried one some people said worked, but when i get to sellus gravus, no dialogue...what's the deal?

Hopeful

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(chirurg @ Dec 6 2004, 12:14 AM)
Thank you hammy it works!!!!!
Damn that merging stuff is for crazy ppl , Ive made the whole thing with hexedit in 2 minutes and mods are working but...
I CANT GET VISUAL PACK TO WORK :(  :(  :(
Did someone made it work for him?
 Textures of the world are great and the game runs smooth but after playing more than 5 seconds the game is crashing :(

Hey, hopeful here.

How's everyone doing?  Really good? Got tons of presents and some new jammies from your grandma? Excellent. :ph34r:

Now,

Chirurg, are you saying that you got the visual pack mod running for 5 seconds using the hexing method?  If so I might be able to get it to run.  This is the one mod that I have always wanted to run and merging or cache method do not let it run AT ALL. The merging method may let you run dialogue mods, but I'd gladly sacrifice that for the visuals any day.  Hey but merging isn't for crazy people, it's for people who are patient enough to read who like dialogue mods.

If you have gotten it to run the textures for any seconds at all, even if it crashes, please post all the details, including what Hex Editor you used, what special settings if any (ascii mode, double-word, float, whatever etc... all hex programs have differences for some reason.) and a button press by button press explaination of every step leaving nothing out.

Thanks In Advance, Man

Thrax07

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

i cant seem to locate the z:\ in my hex editor. im using Hacman and i got to find and put in Z:\ and i dont get any finds??? if anyone else used hackman and knows what im doing wrong and what i should do instead it would be greatly appreciated.

pferris

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2005, 10:21:00 PM »

I am new to all this and thinking of getting Morrowind GOTY for XBox, but I just wanted to know.... do I have to have a modded xbox to be able to install mods for Morrowind?

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13