xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Morrowind Goty Modding?  (Read 1455 times)

Splinter

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »

Well I decided to try the change to 2 of the plugins. the vampire ring, and the one to stop the ordinators from attacking, since they were both only 1 file each. The game loaded this time, but neither took effect.

Its cool that you can just create the directory for the files, instead of having to have it in the cache already. One thing I noticed is that most of you said your cache was in the X drive. mine was in the Y drive. I know that makes no difference. This might be because right before I loaded GoTY for the first time, I loaded the original.

I will try more later, the game is frustrating me now due to a missing dialog option on the first quest in bloodmoon. No guards will talk about morale or booze after speaking to the Captain and getting the mission. I tried everyone and everything I could. I have PGR2 and GTA to mess with, so I may move on to them for a bit. I LOVE being able to do this stuff! This alone is worth modding IMO.

Jagger

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2003, 03:16:00 PM »

Anybody happen to know why doors multiply?

EDIT: Nevermind...

DragonOmega

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2003, 03:27:00 PM »

excellent work midget and jagger! Smart move!

Jagger

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2003, 03:44:00 PM »

Nevermind.. I found out why it was happening (I think), and a way to prevent it...

Zoopster

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2003, 06:36:00 AM »

Whoa! Stop the press. I think I just found the wrinkle in this plan. Reading mods from the cache folder is just fine, right? BUT, if you play other games besides Morrowind (and who doesn't??), the cache folder gets ERASED, mods and all. I discovered this just now after having saved my last game in a modded house in Balmora, yet when I loaded my save I somehow wound up on the steps of Moonmoth Legion Fort. Luckily I didn't save again, but now I am in the process of rebuilding the cache folder on my XB hard drive to get my mods back.

So be warned! Make a backup of your "data files" folder from your cache drive, because you may have to restore it if you play other games!

Zoop

midgetfighter

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »

Yeah Zoopster we already worked out a way to get bloodmoon and tribunal dependent mods to run you just have to open them up in a hex editor and remove the reference to bloodmoon.esm and tribunal.esm. The easiest way is to change them both to read morrowind.esm as all the required data is in that one esm file.

As for the cache problem Splinter is right I would keep a back up of the "Data Files" director with all your mods in somewhere on your harddrive and then when you want to play GotY just copy that "Data Files" directory into an empty cache and then when you launch GotY it will find and use that cache.

The only permeant way to keep the mods that I can think of would be to create a programme which you would run before GotY which would check the caches and see if there is any morrowind data stored in any of them then copy the mods from somewhere on your hardrive to that cache. Or something along those lines.

Hmm it's kind of strange me helping people out when I don't actually have the game "shrugs" oh well.

Zoopster

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2003, 12:49:00 PM »

Thanks midget, I will try the hex edit bit and report on how it goes. Regarding backing up the Morrowind files from the cache drive to your PC, that's how I'm handling it at the moment. However I did not back up the three "big" files that get cached when the game runs (morrowind.esm, morrowind.map, morrowind.bsa), so I hope those will not cause any problems. If something freaks out I will let you all know.

Zoop

Splinter

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2003, 07:42:00 PM »

Well I just figured out one of the mods I am running (or all) were causing me a big problem in the game. It made an important  Part of the dialog not show up in the first bloodmoon mission. I loaded up my last save from before the mods, and had a fresh cache, and it worked ok. Then to be sure, I put all the mods back on and loaded the same save, and it was messed up again. This is very disapointing. I wonder why this happened. I am going to try to see if it was all the mods or just one.

Splinter

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2003, 08:10:00 PM »

UPDATE:

Well I had 3 mods running. One was the unofficial banking one I mentioned in my earlier posts. The Second was one to add a little part to Balmora which lets you "entertain" people in a bar.. The thirs was one to add a special artifact, a helemt to dagon fel. The second and third ones were offical plugins. The third one never seemed to work right. Well that was seems to be the problem. What I did was run game without any mods, and it worked like normal. Ran it with the bank one, it ran fine. Ran with all 3 again, it didn't work right. Then I just ran it with the bank and the entertainment ones, and it also worked fine. SO I am assuming it is just that artifact mod that caused the problem.

I'm just glad all I had done in the game was test things out and do some traveling, nothing too important.

DragonOmega

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2003, 02:51:00 PM »

From my experience any mod that adds major changes to the world(ie islands, houses, dungeons, etc) seem to be glitchy. I was having the problem where only 1/3 of the people id click on would actually talk to me... i dont know if these mods are glitchy only for xbox, or just poorly tested. Also, I've been trying to get those bloodmoon and tribunal mods working thru hex editing and although it DOES load...it doesnt seem to appear working in game. Have any of yall gotten a B/T mod not only to load, but to work properly? If so post which mod

Zoopster

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2003, 10:08:00 PM »

I tried to hex edit a couple of the mods I have that require one or both of the expansions (both are simple... one is a house in Mournhold, the other is just a book), but unfortunately neither one worked. I was using a lame freeware hex editor that wasn't very good, so that could be related. Plus I only deleted the reference to the other esm file from the header... were there any other places it needed to be deleted from? Also, if anyone can recommend a decent hex editor, let me know and I will try it.

Zoop

midgetfighter

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »

Hmm all those plugins you mentioned Splinter work fine in the original morrowind. However I did find the one with the special artifact had skinning issues along with other mods where the texture would not load for the item etc.

Jagger

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2003, 05:01:00 AM »

Siege at Firemoth, Adamantium Armor, Lefemm Armor, Helm of Tohan, Area Effect Arrows, and the Entertainers plugins, all work just fine for me..

The Master Index plugin I haven't tried..
The Bitter Coast sounds plugin, has a floating blue arrow wherever it has the dragonflys.. so it does work but not quite right...

DragonOmega

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2003, 10:38:00 AM »

Jagger i think all those work in original. Have you gotten any of the expansion mods to work in game(not just in load)?

Jagger

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »

I imagine they would.. there was just some talk about which ones worked and which ones didn't, so I just posted what did/didn't work for me.

Yes, one (All I've tried is one..).

Like I said before, I got a mod that required both Bloodmoon and Tribunal. Tried it, didn't work. So I opened it up in a hex editor, and replaced both bloodmoon.esm and tribunal.esm with morrowind.esm, then tried again, and it worked (It didn't just load, it worked).

And no, I don't remember what one it was. It was just the first one I came across on Morrowind Summit that required both expansions.

I'll have to mess around with them some more later.. Make sure it wasn't just a fluke or something.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13