xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Morrowind Goty Modding?  (Read 1509 times)

cyclopebox

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »

I've tested the method of Xeric, it doesn't seem to work with the PAL version of "Morrowind GOTY".

When I'm starting a new game, I'm not in the city of Seyda Neen bla-bla-bla... my character is naked, in a myterious dark swamp.  :blink:

johnnobts

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »

i also had a question about the directory.  using the hex edit method.  i'm running morrowind on my f partition f:Games/Morrowind GOY/

Do i still put the data files folder as follows:
E:Games/Morrowing/Data Files

thanks

fliip

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »

I think the problem with some mods, is that they try to get files off of the morrowind PC CD, because i have found files in the .esm's that are not in the morrowind files.

Protocol_Unknown

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »

hey all,

I've gotten every plugin I tried to work, and the hi res textures too...first you have to down size the dds files, so basicly they wont be hi-res anymore...but they still look better than the original, and the timestamp thing in the ini file does change things, just change the settings to 1..I almost got giants fully working.

we need some kind of a batch convert dds to dds lower size program.

cyclopebox

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Protocol_Unknown @ Jan 18 2005, 12:35 AM)
hey all,

I've gotten every plugin I tried to work, and the hi res textures too...first you have to down size the dds files, so basicly they wont be hi-res anymore...but they still look better than the original, and the timestamp thing in the ini file does change things, just change the settings to 1..I almost got giants fully working.

What do you mean by the "timestamp thing" in the morrowind.ini file ?  :blink:

Protocol_Unknown

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(cyclopebox @ Jan 21 2005, 08:29 PM)
What do you mean by the "timestamp thing" in the morrowind.ini file ?  blink.gif

Dp1983

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2005, 12:50:00 AM »

Hey I was wondering if one used both of the popular methods in combination if that would eliminate the weakness of both.  That being the weakness of merging all the mods in to the main esm is highly annoying(can't add remove mods easily, etc)  and the weakness of the edited xbe being bugs in mods, dialog to be specific.  So could one possibly merge the PC esms and edit the xbe, and send the mods over as usual?

Protocol_Unknown

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dp1983 @ Feb 3 2005, 09:04 AM)
Hey I was wondering if one used both of the popular methods in combination if that would eliminate the weakness of both.  That being the weakness of merging all the mods in to the main esm is highly annoying(can't add remove mods easily, etc)  and the weakness of the edited xbe being bugs in mods, dialog to be specific.  So could one possibly merge the PC esms and edit the xbe, and send the mods over as usual?

you could but if you are using plugins that add new land you better merge....

esp files work but the new land doesnt show up on the map...esm files do...so merge..

if anyone tried a land mass plugin and thinks it didnt work...it's most likely there you just dont see it on the map...(esp file)

Bigsam411

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Xerik @ Nov 22 2004, 05:40 AM)
New Strategy..
Doesn't Invovle using PC esm files or always copying to the cache directory.

For goty.

As stupid as this sounds.. open up morrowind.xbe in a hex editor.  Now search for Z:\ ,
replace the first , third, fifth , and seventh instances of Z:\ with D:\

this should be Z:\
Z:\Data Files\
Z:\Data Files\%s
Z:\Data Files\Meshes

The thinking here is that since D:\ is the game "disc" we can force morrowind to look there instead of its cache files.

And it works.

Now just copy all mods into the E:\Games\Morrowind\Data Files\
directory, remebering to removing bloodmoon.esm and tribunal.esm dependancies

Should fix the problem of too many mods causing DDE if a lack of disk space caused the DDE. (since the cahce directory is mostly empty, and if accidentally we're writing to the HD, that's okay)
Possibly has some problems with the local automapping?
Some areas are completly black at times?
Bewarned,  really bad things could happen, this hasent been extensivly tested

Ok i tried this and I opened my morrowind.xbe in notepad (Iknow not its not a hex editor but its the same) and the first instance of Z:\ was Z:\Data Files\Fonts and according to xerik that is not the first instance of it. I tried changing it anyway and it wont work. I also changed the others at the same time and it wouldnt work. any help would be appreciated.

pennywisdom

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bigsam411 @ Feb 21 2005, 08:42 PM)
Ok i tried this and I opened my morrowind.xbe in notepad (Iknow not its not a hex editor but its the same) and the first instance of Z:\ was Z:\Data Files\Fonts and according to xerik that is not the first instance of it. I tried changing it anyway and it wont work. I also changed the others at the same time and it wouldnt work. any help would be appreciated.

hahahaha its not the same. if you open it in notepad, sure you still see the text... but then it convertes everything it cant read into weird symbols. if you then save it, the file structure will be all garbage. if you open it with a hex editor, it leaves the parts that arent text the way they already are, allowing you to change only what you want to change.

Bigsam411

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

thanks man I thought it was the same like you said because of the text being their.

fablex

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »

i want to try this, but i dont have such an editor, can someone give me a link to where i can download such a progam?

Xerik

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »

http://www.chmaas.ha...xvi32/xvi32.htm

freeware hex editor XVI

Though i was actually using notepad at the time.  Even though it is a very poor editor to be editing binaries with.

grifter66

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »

This whole mod tipc really needs to be removed. It hasn't explained one thing on how to get PC mods to work and this topic is doing nothing but taking up space.
That could be used for something more constructive

You people really, really, really ought to provide explicit, detalied instructions on what you are doing. Either that or remove the topic.

Someone said this:
As stupid as this sounds.. open up morrowind.xbe in a hex editor.  Now search for Z:\ ,
replace the first , third, fifth , and seventh instances of Z:\ with D:\

this should be Z:\
Z:\Data Files\
Z:\Data Files\%s
Z:\Data Files\Meshes

The thinking here is that since D:\ is the game "disc" we can force morrowind to look there instead of its cache files.

So what this person is saying is this:
1. Get your Xbe file onto your computer
2. Download this hex editor
3. Open up the default.xbe file with the hex editor you downloaded
4. Locate Z and change the Values

That is crap and has nothing whatsoever to do with using PC mods on the x-box
He telling you to locate something that isn't even in the file.

That's all good except fopr one thing Z isn't anywhere in the xbe file
So I used the conrtol F and put Z in the find box and this is what it told me when I searched for Z
Hex string invalid
So I follow instructions only to be lead in a dead end.
Yet again another useless tool with more explanations that say a lot of nothing.

grifter66

• Archived User
Morrowind Goty Modding?
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »

I also want to add this

Just to let people know that I just went through the ini file 3 times very, very,  slowly and carefully, and there is nothing called timestamp thing or anything related to the word time or stamp in the ini file.

So people like cyclopebox should stop posting false information about stuff that doesn't even exist in the first place. BTW if you want I can post the entire Morrowind ini and prove there is nothing called timestamp or anything related to it.

Where do you people keep coming from and why are you allowed to post false info on the board and on top of that have it stay there after it's been proven to be false.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13