xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kotor Game Save Editing Done! =)  (Read 132 times)

jdmays13

• Archived User
Kotor Game Save Editing Done! =)
« on: February 03, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »

OK i know most of you dont know me, im a newb around here, well around anywhere for that case. lol but i got a hacked game save to work on my xbox using kse 3.3.3.  I'll tell you exactly what i did, and put up some screenies.  I dont know if your gonna believe me or not, but pleas try the instructions that im putting below.

1. First i burned the game to xbox with dvd2xbox 7.7

2. Copied default.xbe to computer.

3. Opened default.xbe in notepad, and did a search for corrupt. (YOU know like when you get a corrupt game save)

4. Found Corrupt game save (well it says something about corrupt save) and deleted it from default.xbe

5.Copied it back over to SW KOTOR on xbox.

6.Then deleted it because it wouldnt load kotor after that.

7. Then I renamed default.xbe_original to just plain default.xbe

8. Loaded up kotor, then loaded the game save and there you go it was working fine.

CAUTION!!(This is how i got it to work with my xbox and havent tested it on any other xbox so pleas make sure you back up your game saves, just in case if you try this, Also havent tested on KOTOR 2 so ill be trying soon to see if it works  then will post if it does or not.)

Ok well thats it Please let me know if any of you get this working on your xboxes and later on ill try and upload any screen shots that i can.

This post has been edited by jdmays13: Feb 3 2007, 04:55 PM

jdmays13

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(jdmays13 @ Feb 3 2007, 08:24 AM) View Post

OK i know most of you dont know me, im a newb around here, well around anywhere for that case. lol but i got a hacked game save to work on my xbox using kse 3.3.3.  I'll tell you exactly what i did, and put up some screenies.  I dont know if your gonna believe me or not, but pleas try the instructions that im putting below.
1. First i burned the game to xbox with dvd2xbox 7.7

2. Copied default.xbe to computer.

3. Opened default.xbe in notepad, and did a search for corrupt. (YOU know like when you get a corrupt game save)

4. Found Corrupt game save (well it says something about corrupt save) and deleted it from default.xbe

5.Copied it back over to SW KOTOR on xbox.

6.Then deleted it because it wouldnt load kotor after that.

7. Then I renamed default.xbe_original to just plain default.xbe

8. Loaded up kotor, then loaded the game save and there you go it was working fine.

CAUTION!!(This is how i got it to work with my xbox and havent tested it on any other xbox so pleas make sure you back up your game saves, just in case if you try this, Also havent tested on KOTOR 2 so ill be trying soon to see if it works  then will post if it does or not.)

Ok well thats it Please let me know if any of you get this working on your xboxes and later on ill try and upload any screen shots that i can.

Ok i just tried to add items to inventory and still got a damaged save error so when i learn how to add items into inventory then i will post it

jdmays13

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(jdmays13 @ Feb 3 2007, 11:02 AM) View Post

Ok i just tried to add items to inventory and still got a damaged save error so when i learn how to add items into inventory then i will post it

Ok one last thing tested method on TSL and havent had any luck as of yet but will be posting anything i get done

jdmays13

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »

Ok well ive tested my above steps with no luck as of yet.  I will keep working on it and try to get kse to work with kotor 2, ill work on it all tonight and towmorrow and keep you updated on my progress.  If anyone would like to help with this project just let me know. But hopefully ill have it done by towmorrow.

jdmays13

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(jdmays13 @ Feb 3 2007, 06:36 PM) View Post

Ok well ive tested my above steps with no luck as of yet.  I will keep working on it and try to get kse to work with kotor 2, ill work on it all tonight and towmorrow and keep you updated on my progress.  If anyone would like to help with this project just let me know. But hopefully ill have it done by towmorrow.

Ok just tried again and working on TSL so you should be able to edit everything on both with the exception of inventory. Well if you have any problems just post it here and ill try and help you