xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Mod Help  (Read 116 times)

Darth Mulas

• Archived User
Xbox Mod Help
« on: January 10, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »

Every mod I can find for XBox seems to be for the PC version, and not the XBox version of the game. None work and I'm getting royalled P'oed about it. I downloaded the game onto my XBox harddrive and putting the stuff in the second override folder (as darth turtur said) and i've tried putting them into the TDATA and the UDATA folders. I really want to mod and I can't find a site for "XBOX" mods. If anyone has any suggestions, holla back. But please, I don't want to switch to game save hacking..

T-Bagz

• Archived User
Xbox Mod Help
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 07:01:00 AM »

Some of the PC mods work fine in the xbox, while others not so much.  You really just have to play with them to see what works.  Also, I got my mods working just fine in an Override directory in the games directory, didnt have to use TDATA or UDATA.

Darth Mulas

• Archived User
Xbox Mod Help
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 07:37:00 AM »

Well you're playing from the XBOX HDD aren't you? I want to play with mods on the disk, because i'm too scared to up the mem. of my xbox hdd, and the tuts on here just want to make me vomit (no offense). They are so hard to follow, I just need a real physical person to help me with that. Anyway, there is no '4c4100c' thingy or whatever in my UDATA turtur. Oh, and i'm wanting to use mods form the disk, i'm softmodded with EVO X.  I maybe can download kotor to my xbox hdd, but how much mem does the xbox come with? Cause kotor is about 2 1/2 to 3 gig.I tried the E:/TDATA/4c41003/Override thing, no dice. And I can't edit my swdirs.ini with the override changed to that, it won't let me transfer and overwrite the file on the disk. So I don't believe it's possible for me to mod with the disk in, if anyone can help, please, chime in.

T-Bagz

• Archived User
Xbox Mod Help
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

Yeah, I put the game on my HD, faster load times and its required if you are going to put in the KOTOR2 mods since it doesnt look in the UDATA at all.  

I'd say don't fear the HD upgrade, its really sweet once you get it done.  But if you wanted to do it from the disk, you may be able to still, if you copied the game right to your hard drive, put the override folder in the there and burned it as an xISO you may be able to do it like that.  

Greatness7

• Archived User
Xbox Mod Help
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »

both kotor's will fit (not at the same time) on ur xbox hd without upgrades.

Darth Mulas

• Archived User
Xbox Mod Help
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

I've found several mods that work with the KOTOR 1 game for the  XBox system, which are pc mods. Some are awesome, some are sweet, but others aren't worth downloading, a rating system (*) will be put on them, by me, of course, for personal likeness. Other people can find them here too. (I don't know every single one that works, there are tons, these are ones which I think are cool and downloaded)
  1. Party Member Jedi Robes 1.1
  2. A Galaxy of Shapers
  3. Individual On/Off Saber Sounds
  4. Achille's Padawan Mod
  5. BeatleMania Dantooine
  6. Black DS Robes
  7. Evil Sounds (Death Sounds)
  8. KOTOR Remix 0.3
  9. Roleplay Padawan Mod (Same as Achilles, but with differences)
  10. "Watered down" Saber colors
  11. Ebon Hawk's Workbench To A Construction Bench
  12. Unique Saber Textures (Personal favorite)
  13. Sith Armada
Notes:

1-***-          only jedi characters have these,in starting inv. Have to start over.
2-****-        there are several shapers amongst taris and the spire, check around.
3-*****-      these have AWESOME on/off saber sounds, like lukes and vaders
4-***-          starts you off on the endar spire as a jedi, with a jedi master (trask)
5-**-           'Lucy in the Skies with Diamonds' Dantooine mod- nuff said.
6-***-          One robe, all Jedi Knight robes are pitch black, and look like lukes.
7-**-            New death screams, turn down volume. :-)
8-****-      COMPLETELY revolutionized the endar spire, taris, and dantooine
9-***-          Same as achilles, but with differences (don't get a robe)
10-*****-     plain saber colors, watered down.
11-*****-     Personal favorite as well workbench to construction bench, must-see!
12-*****-     the best saber color mod out there, turns the blade jagged and cool.
13-*****-     has like 5 custom, recruitable characters with dialogue and stories, & skins.

Side note: I did not make, alter, or give any links to any of them. These are just a listing of the ones I have, if you want to find them, search at pcgamemods.com under KOTOR.

If you have any more you would like to add, just reply with em. Thanks to Darth Turtur and VoxAngel's tuts on how to copy KOTOR to my hdd, mods work like a charm now.

This post has been edited by Darth Mulas: Jan 15 2006, 07:15 PM

Darth Mulas

• Archived User
Xbox Mod Help
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

I looked around pcgamemods some more and found a couple more, i'm done with the list now, hope this helps people. (I know it helped me)

List of mods that work for Xbox (cont.)
  1. Changing Mission into Atris
  2. Revan's implant
  3. Turn T3 into a Workbench!
  4. Jedi and Sith Belts
  5. Star Wars Clone wars blades
  6. Wacked Out Saber Colors
  7. New Yellow Color
  8. New hilt texture
  9. Multicoloredsbrs (no typo)
  10. XSaberColors
  11. Yellow Light saber Reskin

Notes:
1-****- A mod that turns Mission into a hot chick, not-so-old Atris
2-**- It's found in a footlocker near the pazaak-playing Twi'lek on Dantooine.
3-*****- Very useful when you need a workbench quick.
4-*****- TONS of skins, some Jedi, some Sith, check it out and see.
5-**- Not too showy, you can barely notice the difference, but it's there.
6-****- Fun for a short time, awesome saber colors, "Give peace a chance man!"
7-**- An alright texture, I guess.
8-*****- A SWEET bloody hilt for lightsabers, adds mystery to Revan's past.
9-**- Eh, don't know what to say, it's like three color changes for sabers.
10-***- About the same, different colors, but cooler.
11-**- Yet another reskin of the yellow lightsaber.

Most of these are compatible with the mods stated above, except the saber color mods, only one color mod can be used at a time. (Because others overwrite the .tga files).

Once again, I did not alter, make, or produce any of these. These are not links, just things to type in on the search bar at pcgamemods.com. For personal use only.

franchiseplayer

• Archived User
Xbox Mod Help
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »

I've tested a few mods, but I can't get hold of any gamesaves that are post-Dantooine.

For some of the mods I really need to have control of the Ebon Hawk and ability to fly to different planets, so I can't test many out unless I spend several hours doing a game.

If anyone could help it'd be much appreciated.

Imperial Stormtrooper - Worked but the helmet didnt look right, it's pretty cool though.
Ord Mantell planet - Managed to travel there but it goes completely orange and freezes.
Slaughter the Council - Froze just after I killed Vrook.
Remix - I wasn't able to collect a Sith uniform to get to the lower city of Taris :|
Make Mission a Jedi - This worked fine, is cool... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have been reading alot of tuts lately, and am gona start making some basic mods, hopefully advancing as I go, I got hold of the KOTOR tool for Xbox, so hopefully I can get ones that work perfect for the Xbox version.

This post has been edited by franchiseplayer: Jan 17 2006, 08:01 PM

Darth Mulas

• Archived User
Xbox Mod Help
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 07:31:00 AM »

"I've tested a few mods, but I can't get hold of any gamesaves that are post-Dantooine."

oh.. post dantooine.. well I have a mod for ya.

"For some of the mods I really need to have control of the Ebon Hawk and ability to fly to different planets, so I can't test many out unless I spend several hours doing a game.

it's called 'warpband 1.1' or something. You can go wherever you need, just search for it at pcgame mods. (new game)

If anyone could help it'd be much appreciated.

Imperial Stormtrooper - Worked but the helmet didnt look right, it's pretty cool though.(prolly a model, useless)
Ord Mantell planet - Managed to travel there but it goes completely orange and freezes.(most new areas don't work)
Slaughter the Council - Froze just after I killed Vrook.(it worked for me..try clearing out your f,x,y caches)
Remix - I wasn't able to collect a Sith uniform to get to the lower city of Taris :|(there's two ways, kill the sith and help the guy or pick it off some drunk partiers)
Make Mission a Jedi - This worked fine, is cool... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)(That's alright, but it's better if you use the atris one, she's hot and really light side consular)

It's hard to mod for xbox because the tool requires kotor to be installed on the comp, which sucks.

shaggoth

• Archived User
Xbox Mod Help
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »

dunno if anyone still doing something like that, but still smile.gif
what's default texture size for k1 xbox? cause some of reskins shows stupid vertical stripe on the charracter's faces. muhaha.gif

VoxAngel

• Archived User
Xbox Mod Help
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(shaggoth @ May 10 2010, 09:42 AM) View Post
dunno if anyone still doing something like that, but still smile.gif
what's default texture size for k1 xbox? cause some of reskins shows stupid vertical stripe on the charracter's faces. muhaha.gif

Bit late to the gate on this one, but the default size is 256x256(iirc). If you try anything larger--with the VERY limited xbox memory--your xbox will crawl to a slow death and ultimately crash. I tried with a couple of droid textures and got some odd mapping, then lots of crashing.