xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Zelda Series: Best Series Ever?  (Read 330 times)

green_beetle

• Archived User
Zelda Series: Best Series Ever?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »

Zelda OOT is up there with my favourite games, characters and story line was just perfect!

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »

I never like the Zelda games. I beat a couple but never thought about playing them again.

el_diablo

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2004, 01:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hercules Q Einstein @ Dec 30 2004, 12:40 AM)
7. Starwars Kotors (New but i love them to much not to include them)

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2004, 05:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hercules Q Einstein @ Dec 30 2004, 12:40 AM)
I never like the Zelda games. I beat a couple but never thought about playing them again.

thepissedoffman

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2004, 07:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(enderandrew @ Dec 30 2004, 07:37 AM)
4 - FFX-2 sucked all day long, and tons of people outright LOATHE this series.  Even the FF fans are screaming bloody murder that FFXI and FFXII suck.  Despite that, I rather like most of the FF games, especially the Tactics games.

Show me one person that has played a completed version of FXII and I will show you a liar. If you are talking about FX-2 then carry on.

1) Zelda is not a RPG in the video game sense. It is an action adventure series w/ some RPG type elements.

2) Nemt: that is a false analogy. It would have worked if you were talking about Enter the Matrix the video game ( sold millions yet every review said it was mediocre at best ). A better analogy would be that Zelda is like U2, not everybody loves them but it is understood that they are talented cats.

3) Every Zelda game I have played ( all but the CDi crap and the four swords ) were, and still are great games.

ZELDA ROXS!!!!!!!!

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »

I would say it as one of the best series, but not the best in my opinion. I've played almost all of the games(except the new 4 swords one) and the Nintendo made ones normaly do not dissapoint. I was never able to get into zelda 2 and the SNES Zelda was absurdly easy, aside from thouse the games have been enjoyable.

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »

wink.gif ) is high.
3. Cs(Half-life) Not sure if you can call this a series, with the original, Cz and source same game but different. But you know what they say, don't fix what ain't broke. Has to be the oldest most played game around.
4. Mario, This game really set Nintendo off. You weren't cool if you didn't have the most current mario back in school.
5. Doom, just for what it contributed to the fps scene.

1, 2, and 3 were all classics, and should be kept that way. We all grew up when they were in its 8-bit greatness. With these new graphic styles, it takes away from the nastalgia of the games, and effects the playability. The new generation of gamers need new game-role models to hold onto for the next decade, these guys aren't appealing to the "shoot-em up" crowds of today.

[/soapbox]

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(Baner @ Dec 30 2004, 04:48 PM)
I'm guessing we're basing this off games in general? rather than just console?

VitoDauelo

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

all of you Zelda haters can suck Link's dick..he owns your soul..period the end!

WOW I am convinced! I with great points such as those your probably the most popular kid in the 3rd grade. Well little boy, once you grow up and understand other games (and learn what a dick is) you might see that Zelda is highly overrated.

anyway i just thought of some more great series to put above zelda.

9. Metal Slug
10. Soul Calibur/Edge (if you like fighting games)
11. Gran Turismos (Best Racing Games ever)
12. Grand Theft Auto (Not my cup of tea, but some people loved it)

VitoDauelo

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

well it seems as though you think you're pretty good at insults yourself...well i'll tell you what dicklips..everyone is entitled to their own opinion..even if yours is wrong.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »

Legend of Zelda = Greatest Series of all time. Go to gamerankings.com and look at #1

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Jan 2 2005, 07:35 AM)
Legend of Zelda = Greatest Series of all time. Go to gamerankings.com and look at #1

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2005, 07:10:00 AM »

Yeah, but just play all the games in the series. I'm just saying that most magazines, websites, and gamers agree that it's the best series of all time. I know not everyone will agree.

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2005, 07:11:00 AM »

1. Talk about overrated, horrible, horrible series.

I said the originals were amazing. I don't think you had fanboys running around anouncing that FF (being the one and only FF at the time) was a game above all others. Truthfully, I hate where they are taking the new ones, I can't play anythng past FF VII. You may think thier a horrible series, that's fine, it ain't your cup of tea.

2. Honestly I didn't care for the 2D versions much, but I thought Ocarina of Time was wonderful, and definitely one of the best games to date, in short, a masterpiece.

I don't know how old you are, but I just love the nostalgia. OoT was again, the last of the series I enjoyed. Everything past that is just... different.

3. Just because something is popular doesn't make it great

And I agree, but for an interactive online game, if it's not popular, it is hard to be good. What I was trying to say was that it is a great game that with stood the test of time, and is still competeing with new games of today.

4. Mario is good, but to discredit Sonic completely is wrong.

I never was a fan of Sonic, I do own the second one, but again... I grew up with Mario, not Sonic.

Oh... and btw, rather than always bashing other people opinions, why don't you state your own once in a while?
Pages: 1 [2] 3