xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Place Items W/ Xbox Version Of Kotor 1?  (Read 91 times)

CityOfAngels

• Archived User
How Do I Place Items W/ Xbox Version Of Kotor 1?
« on: July 04, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »

Ok so I downloaded the 'Make all blue lightsabers one-hit kills" mod.  Now all I want to do is be able to start a new game with a blue lightsaber, or at least be able to find it in the first room I wake up in.  How do I place it there?  I already put the file in my Override folder, but I'd still have to wait until the storyline actually lets me get a lightsaber.  Second, I downloaded the Stormtrooper pack that lets you turn all Sith Troopers into Stormtroopers, and even gives you a Stormtrooper costume.  Think is you need to use the console (which is PC only).  How do I place the stormtrooper costume somewhere so I can pick it up and where it, without having to go through any cheat console (which the XBOX can't do anyways)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(CityOfAngels @ Jul 4 2005, 03:31 PM)
Ok so I downloaded the 'Make all blue lightsabers one-hit kills" mod.  Now all I want to do is be able to start a new game with a blue lightsaber, or at least be able to find it in the first room I wake up in.  How do I place it there?  I already put the file in my Override folder, but I'd still have to wait until the storyline actually lets me get a lightsaber.  Second, I downloaded the Stormtrooper pack that lets you turn all Sith Troopers into Stormtroopers, and even gives you a Stormtrooper costume.  Think is you need to use the console (which is PC only).  How do I place the stormtrooper costume somewhere so I can pick it up and where it, without having to go through any cheat console (which the XBOX can't do anyways)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Download this mod:

http://www.xbox-saves.com/pafiledb/pafiled...ownload&id=2977

Basically, it's a mod that adds Bastilla as a selectable character.  Also, it changes the Kolto Tank when you first wake up into an item vending machine.  What I would suggest is transfer just the files you want (blue lightsaber, jedi robe, etc.) into your Override directory and leave the rest.  You can also transfer everything if you want.

Hope this helps.

CityOfAngels

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(darth_turtur @ Jul 5 2005, 06:24 PM)
Download this mod:

http://www.xbox-saves.com/pafiledb/pafiled...ownload&id=2977

Basically, it's a mod that adds Bastilla as a selectable character.  Also, it changes the Kolto Tank when you first wake up into an item vending machine.  What I would suggest is transfer just the files you want (blue lightsaber, jedi robe, etc.) into your Override directory and leave the rest.  You can also transfer everything if you want.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much!  I will definitely use this after I beat KOTOR II.  But I need info for KOTOR 1.  I don't believe you awake in a tank, but rather a large ship.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(CityOfAngels @ Jul 5 2005, 04:40 PM)
Thank you very much!  I will definitely use this after I beat KOTOR II.  But I need info for KOTOR 1.  I don't believe you awake in a tank, but rather a large ship.

Woops...wrong file.

I'm actually cleaning up some stuff on Kotor 1 where I can integrate the placing of mods (sabers, robes, etc.) into the game itself.  The new release of the Kotor Tool is a little quirky so when clean up all the bugs, i'll realease something and let you guys have a whirl at it.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(CityOfAngels @ Jul 5 2005, 05:40 PM)
Thank you very much!  I will definitely use this after I beat KOTOR II.  But I need info for KOTOR 1.  I don't believe you awake in a tank, but rather a large ship.

OK,

There are 2 ways to place mods in Kotor 1.

The simple one is to create an Override folder under the Override folder.  So it should read something like this:

F:\Games\SW Kotor 1\Override\Override

All the files should then go in that 2nd Override folder.

The second way is to Place all the files under the TDATA directory and make sure you edit the swkotor.ini file with this line:

Override = E:\UDATA\434100c\Override\Files

Then create a directory called override\files and place them in that directory.

Hope this helps.