xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kotor 2 Overrides  (Read 80 times)

Donnyku

• Archived User
Kotor 2 Overrides
« on: April 18, 2005, 07:57:00 AM »

I've downloaded Dr. Shadow's Workbench mod for KotOR2, created an override folder on my Xbox harddrive, and when I load the game up, nothing is changed. I tried to create a new character to see if that had anything to do with it, and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong? should I have ripped my disc a different way (I used DVD2Xbox) And also, would it be possible to use PC mods with the xbox version too?

hidareign

• Archived User
Kotor 2 Overrides
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 08:43:00 AM »

theres a command line thats added into one of the .ini files. also make sure under alias that the paths are all pointing to were you have the game on your Xbox.

ModderEarthHAHA

• Archived User
Kotor 2 Overrides
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Donnyku @ Apr 18 2005, 02:56 PM)
I've downloaded Dr. Shadow's Workbench mod for KotOR2, created an override folder on my Xbox harddrive, and when I load the game up, nothing is changed. I tried to create a new character to see if that had anything to do with it, and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong? should I have ripped my disc a different way (I used DVD2Xbox) And also, would it be possible to use PC mods with the xbox version too?

Did you create the "Override"-folder INSIDE your Kotor2 folder? If not, that's the problem.

Also, the swdirsxbox.ini (which I'm guessing is what the other guy is referring to) does not necessarily make any change.
I've tried this workbench as well (v7), and it worked just fine without any changes in the swdirsxbox.ini (or in any other file for that matter). My own mods work as well.

The only thing that could make you want to change anything in the swdirsxbox.ini is to avoid the famous "T3 Bug". Though I have declared this solution a myth, though it didn't work for me. Though there are people claiming that this did the trick.
I think there's a more detailed post about this somewhere on this forum.

This post has been edited by ModderEarthHAHA: Apr 18 2005, 04:26 PM

Donnyku

• Archived User
Kotor 2 Overrides
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »

well I downloaded the Bastilla mod and that worked, it seems to just be the workbench mod that doesn't

Donnyku

• Archived User
Kotor 2 Overrides
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »

got the workbench working, I was stupid and trying to use the Lab Table, and would any pc mods work with the xbox version?

darth_turtur

• Archived User
Kotor 2 Overrides
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Donnyku @ Apr 18 2005, 12:29 PM)
got the workbench working, I was stupid and trying to use the Lab Table, and would any pc mods work with the xbox version?

Yes, but not all of them.  I downloaded a bunch of robes packs and weapons packs and they all work fine.  The only ones that will not work are mods that require the cheat console in order to receive them (Like Darth Vader's helmet) but most of them work.  The robes pack that I downloaded and installed replaced existing robes already in the game.  And since I didn't really like the Norris Robe and Ossus Keeper Robe, I didn't mind them getting overridden.

Just a quick tip - when you download the robes and wear them, it's gonna look really choppy and transparent and all that other stuff.  Just go through an area transition section that loads up (e.g. Enter a cantina, board the ebon hawk, etc.) and it should show up fine.

Also, you might want to check out the mod that someone made that replaces the Dark Jedi Robe to Anakin Skywalker's robe from Episode III.  Pretty damn cool!